Holidays! Study or Relax? (1 Viewer)

KayNine

HSC
Hey Everyone! :D
So the question here is:
What do you do during the holidays? Study to learn ahead or relax yourself so you are prepared to absorb information more efficiently during school?
Or would you just do both?

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Just make sure you're not completely lost when school resumes. Do some light revision of the work you covered so far, and maybe read ahead for some of your subjects so you know what to expect for the next few weeks. If you're really competitive, definitely read ahead but try not to burn yourself out.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, I just finished Chem and Physics dot-points. I've read Frankenstein and made notes first week.
Next week - I'll try to finish my Maths work, BBQ on Aus Day and watch Black Swan. =]

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, I just finished Chem and Physics dot-points. I've read Frankenstein and made notes first week.
Next week - I'll try to finish my Maths work, BBQ on Aus Day and watch Black Swan. =]
Sounds like a plan. (y)

muzeikchun852

HSC
watch Black Swan. =]
thats a must ! it's a very good movie : )

to OP: i caught up with maths and jap hw. read my AOS texts. went ahead with all my other subjects [ only a few dot points anyway ]

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
I just focused on reaffirming my understanding in what has already been completed in class. Only in Modern History, Ancient History and Studies of Religion did I read a little ahead, just to prepare for the upcoming term. Read my English Text for the next module, made some brief notes, and as such. But other than that not much, I've been working 3-4 days a week so was completing some work, but the main goal was to relax and mentally prepare myself for the next 3 heavy terms ahead.

The only other thing I did was History Extension. Getting that major out of the way as soon as possible is an important goal for me this year.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
is everyone just covering the dot points/making notes from what we've learnt in class already, or going ahead
I've just read ahead in courses that I was already confident in, and all I've done to get ahead is by reading some texts and as such. However, most courses I've just gone over notes / summaries to make sure I have a solid understanding on what we've already completed in class.

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
Mostly just revising over things/making notes of we did last term (mainly in Modern), doing set tasks (such as essay questions and reading Snow Falling on Cedars), etc. Haven't really read ahead at all, heh. Lots of being lazy!

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I just did some light revision, did a few random 4u COMPLEX questions. geez, I have to go over graphs D: hmm.. next week I will do the homework I was meant to do these holidays but I just cbf.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
I went ahead and finished notes on Module 2 for Chemistry and Physics at the beginning of the year, but I've been slacking off since then :S
Planning to work on English and Maths soon though.

roryclifford

HSC
I went ahead and finished notes on Module 2 for Chemistry and Physics ...
Module 2! We didn't even complete module 1 for chemistry and in physics we just crammed in the end of Space.

Looks like I might have to do some reading ahead...

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
I dunno, I managed to motivate myself at the beginning of the year and get into this epic study mood, and got a lot done. I was going to start Biology Module 2, but then I got all lazy and couldn't be bothered doing anything :\
I want that epic study mood to return!

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I dunno, I managed to motivate myself at the beginning of the year and get into this epic study mood, and got a lot done. I was going to start Biology Module 2, but then I got all lazy and couldn't be bothered doing anything :\
I want that epic study mood to return!
You've probably done more than a lot of us here. =)

Also lol at the guy advertising KickHSC.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I recommend study, but I have done barely anything... I've just been hanging with friends and watching tv and shit.
Also, I went to melbourne and adelaide, but that was pretty crap.

HSC
Uni Grad
did legal studies revision
did MX1 and MX2 revision...
music 2 and extension pieces
thats all for work xD

other than that I went partying today, went to movies, karaoke, pool, beach and other activities previously :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)