• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Home and Away (2 Viewers)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
jirwin said:
My memory doesn't work for exams :(

btw... its been bugging me... what does O.P stand for in ur location?
haha you wanna stalk me now huh
O.P= Olympic Park

jirwin

HSC
lol all i could think of was Original Poster :(

we are doing Physical Journeys. Advanced study Peter S. (cant spell) and Standard study the play Away.

we did two weeks of journeys in term 4... had to do 2 writing tasks... then we did another module term 1... then we had a half yearly on journeys (sections 1 and 2)with a weeks study in class... its crap... anyway now we are doing 8wks on journeys and have to do the whole of paper 1 for the trials which are wks 9 and 10.

i thought it was unfair that we had like 3 wks 4 at the max to do journeys then we had a 15% half yearly on it.

HyPnOtiSeD

be my bad boy ...
HSC
hmm has anyone seen the movie "thank you for smoking" - ive seen almost all the new releases and this was what i was left with to hire haha i was desperate for entertainment :p

jirwin

HSC
we watched the beginning in english one day... i didn't like it... altho i dont like much... i LOVE high school musical tho lol :p

jirwin

HSC
i wanted to do lionheart... i've read a bit about jesse martin... he was like a small case study in my dnt text book - bout setting goals and crap... it was really interesting

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Peter Skrzynecki burned in my mind I tell you. Strange we did AOS in term 4, module A in term 1, module b in term 2 and module c in term 3 they stuck to a strick timetable and it seemed to work well. We had an english half yearly but it wasn't weighted anything. I guess they changed that because nobody really took it seriously actually the trial wasn't weighted anything either if memory serves me right.

jirwin

HSC
pritnep said:
Peter Skrzynecki burned in my mind I tell you. Strange we did AOS in term 4, module A in term 1, module b in term 2 and module c in term 3 they stuck to a strick timetable and it seemed to work well. We had an english half yearly but it wasn't weighted anything. I guess they changed that because nobody really took it seriously actually the trial wasn't weighted anything either if memory serves me right.

They changed it because the AOS makes up an entire exam... and doing it in Term 4 meant that it wasnt as strong in our mind... so they changed it around. i don't really mind cept i wish they gave us more time.

in standard we've done Term 4 - Module A and Term 1 -Module B
i don't know what modules are what in Advanced but in term 4 they did BNW/BR and Term 1 they did king lear.

our half yearlie is worth 10% and our trial is worth 25% - i dont get how they can have a quarter of ur internal taken up by ONE exam.

i think the reason they did journeys for the half yearly even tho we hadnt done much was so that adv and std could have the same papers - easy marking

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Yeah Hamlet totally bores me and Rosencrantz n Guilderstern are dead confuses me!
I did that in yr12, i hated it, but i got my best marks for it :)

CandyGurl, someones probs alrady asked this, but do you have a name??

And i just realised thats Indiana Evans in your signature :p

OH i want to watch THankyou for Smoking because Adam Brody is in it :p oh and Katie Holmes :p

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Ah better how it was last year I reckon. I guess they weren't happy with the AOS preformance though but really we had like 3 tests on it so we knew it inside out.

jirwin

HSC
we are so sick of hearing the word "Journeys" and what sucks even more... the web design competition that im hoping to enter through school... the topic is journeys as well :( but my teacher hasnt found me a group yet so it looks like im not entering.

our captain stood up at one of our assemblies... i think it was our presentation day last week of last year... anyway we had only done 2 wks of journeys but his speech was so funny because so many time he referenced journeys...

HAA should be the AOS

Next year they are still doing Journeys but are no longer using the Stimulus Booklet - too costly in printing and stuff.

jirwin

HSC
lol didnt we have to reach like 6068 posts to beat the O.C? and we beat that last wkend cos i remember saying that beth dying will easily get to the amount... means we have done like 800 posts in a week!

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Its been a week and we've posted like over 700 posts. This is probs the most active thread in the forum :p OH wellz, its HAA, even though we're like spamming to the max :p

Hi Dani :wave:

jirwin

HSC
Anyway im off to bed. Should of been in bed hours ago - got so much work to do tomorrow that there probably isnt enough hours in the day.

But don't panic... ill be here tomorrow - i developed a very nice multiskilling skill this afternoon while being on here.

:wave: talk to you all tomorrow. GOODNIGHT

*looks at own sig... "sure mine is HAA related"*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)