Honestly guys...... (1 Viewer)

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
That's exactly it, you're not completely emotionally developed. It's not necessarily love, but it's an emotional attachment which is severed.

Are you implying that every emotional bond is necessarily love? That's a tad one sided, I'm sure the emotional bond you developed with your best mate in primary school is slightly more than say, the bond you shared with your goldfish which died after 3 months.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
That's exactly it, you're not completely emotionally developed. It's not necessarily love, but it's an emotional attachment which is severed.

Are you implying that every emotional bond is necessarily love? That's a tad one sided, I'm sure the emotional bond you developed with your best mate in primary school is slightly more than say, the bond you shared with your goldfish which died after 3 months.

i get what your saying

so if its not love .... how can you tell when it is?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
yeah I know a couple (my friend's parents) who got married at our age. They're still together. At our age, they called it love....

And I figure, if I love john mayer, right, you're just a cow if you tell me I don't. It's like when one of my friends told my little brother santa didn't exist. It's not the whole ignorance thing. It's who-are-you-to-say-so?

And anyways, if a person had mistaken a relationship for love, they'll figure it out once they do meet their ultimate love... whenever that is. So it's not that bad to make a mistake about it.

wanton-wonton

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
And I figure, if I love john mayer, right, you're just a cow if you tell me I don't. It's like when one of my friends told my little brother santa didn't exist. It's not the whole ignorance thing. It's who-are-you-to-say-so?
Well what makes you so certain that he does exist?

I have already seen hundreds of posers dressed as Santas, I don't know which is the 'real' one.

wanton-wonton

HSC
Of course it's real...I'm just wondering which one is the real one. ?? There's so many impersonators on the street I feel like beating few of them up just to teach them not to mess with kid's mind. :D

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
yes i do

we have been together 4 ages

even though we have arguments, we've never had a 'fight'

and i would never do anything to hurt him

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
I resent the fact that people claim you can't be in 'love' at our young age.
If were capable of feeling every other emotion then what's stopping us from feeling that one (love), as well?

Im totally and utterly in love with my boyfriend, who I've known since we were 5 and been together with for almost 4 years. He's my best friend and boyfriend at the same time and in the end, he's the only one to stick by me through my hard times.

So yeahh....thats as mushy as I get online :-D Teeheheheehehe

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
sped_kid01 said:
yes i do

we have been together 4 ages

even though we have arguments, we've never had a 'fight'

and i would never do anything to hurt him
sounds lik me and my ex.. and now shes my ex..
go figure..

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
sounds lik me and my ex.. and now shes my ex..
go figure..
i disunderstand that.... it happened with me n my ex too, perfect relationship then it fell appart for no reason. and we still like each other... but we wouldnt get back together.
its a kooky world!

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Tuggi3 said:
I resent the fact that people claim you can't be in 'love' at our young age.
If were capable of feeling every other emotion then what's stopping us from feeling that one (love), as well?
/wh0red.

You can feel every emotion, but because you're lacking in emotional development you have only PARTIAL development in DECYPHERING those emotions.

Plus you've been exposed to every emotion throuhout life barring the love for a boyfriend, which you've only had for 4 years (at best). I'm sure the fact that every other emotion has had FOUR TIMES AS LONG to develop has no implication on it at all.

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
azzie said:
i disunderstand that.... it happened with me n my ex too, perfect relationship then it fell appart for no reason. and we still like each other... but we wouldnt get back together.
its a kooky world!
its a thing called pride

and stuboness

aimstar555

HSC
my bf and i have been together for about 14 months...we broke up 4 about a month....was one of the worst months of my life.(no joke)...now things are incredable....i can't see myself not being with him...
i'm only 18 and yes i believe we are in love....then again people view love in so many different ways. depends on the maturity of the couple, and whether it's "serious love" or "not so serious love".
hope u were all pleased with ya uai/results and hava good christmas. peace out :)

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
/wh0red.

You can feel every emotion, but because you're lacking in emotional development you have only PARTIAL development in DECYPHERING those emotions.

Plus you've been exposed to every emotion throuhout life barring the love for a boyfriend, which you've only had for 4 years (at best). I'm sure the fact that every other emotion has had FOUR TIMES AS LONG to develop has no implication on it at all.

I don't think there is any 'lack' in emotional development more just a lack of controlling it...if anything, younger people (under 20), feel emotions ALOT more strongly then older people and thus are actually more likely to 'love'. Of course, there are different kinds of 'love' they can feel and as someone mentioned earlier, these types of 'love' will continue to be scaled and compared to other experiences of true love and until then they have every right to feel 'in love'.

If anything, growing up dulls peoples reactions to various emotions.

And also the most wonderful part of the emotion of LOVE, is the fact that you don't NEED to deciphre or analyse it. You just feel it.

AND, the love i feel which has "only lasted four years", is a hell of alot longer then some 'adult relationships' have ever lasted.

Sorry, I just feel really passionately about this subject :D

However, I do acknowledge the difference between real teen love, and the teeny bopper, two week relationship, "i wanna elope with him", "love".

Last edited:

stainmepink

HSC
i agree. theres no such thing as young love

tammer said:
i was madly in love with my ex... there's no age limit, it's just that the word is sometimes thrown around a little too much at a young age

tamster

Don' forget

stainmepink said:
i agree. theres no such thing as young love
Don't forget there r more than one type of love. Guess maybe ppl identify diff. ones at diff. ages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)