HONOUR ROLL Out Early?? (1 Viewer)

sudface

HSC
yeah confirmed a leak
smh.com.au/national/nsw/hsc-top-achievers-list-accidentally-published-early-20220117-p59oz2.html

nesaleaks2021.web.app

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
QUICK QUESTION:
One of my friends accelerated 2U math last year and got a b6. They also got 8 units worth of b6's this year. Would they be considered on the all round achievers? Just confused about this because she didnt get an e4 in 4u this year.
My son was also accelerated and was advised that sitting the Maths Ex 2 exam effectively negates the Adv Maths result. It can be a bit of a gamble if a student's Adv Maths mark is much higher than they are likely to score in MEx2, but then MEx1 also counts for two units rather than one, so these factors should be carefully weighed up beforehand. Unfortunately for your friend, it appears that s/he would have been on the all rounders list if they hadn't sat the MEx2 exam, but depending on MEx1 mark and with scaling, they may still have achieved a better ATAR with MEx2, than without doing it.

A similar consideration applies to deciding whether or not to resit a subject. Once you resit, the most recent mark is counted, negating previous marks.

liv888

HSC
Random question but what does NESA actually send through email and SMS on ATAR day? Like do they just send you a message saying your atar is out (check students online) or do they send you your actual ATAR number (70.35 ATAR) ? I'm a bit lost on how it actually unfolds on the day someone pls help :D

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Random question but what does NESA actually send through email and SMS on ATAR day? Like do they just send you a message saying your atar is out (check students online) or do they send you your actual ATAR number (70.35 ATAR) ? I'm a bit lost on how it actually unfolds on the day someone pls help :D
When I completed my HSC, we were sent a text message containing our HSC marks across our subjects. This was followed by an email containing a detailed table providing us with further insight into our results. It included our respective Assessment Marks and the Examination Marks in addition to our HSC marks. NESA is responsible for sending these to students. This also means that NESA does not inform students of their ATAR.

ATAR's will be released through UAC at 9am on Thursday 20 January. You will need your Year 12 student number and UAC PIN to log in and view your ATAR.

Luke322

HSC
My son was also accelerated and was advised that sitting the Maths Ex 2 exam effectively negates the Adv Maths result. It can be a bit of a gamble if a student's Adv Maths mark is much higher than they are likely to score in MEx2, but then MEx1 also counts for two units rather than one, so these factors should be carefully weighed up beforehand. Unfortunately for your friend, it appears that s/he would have been on the all rounders list if they hadn't sat the MEx2 exam, but depending on MEx1 mark and with scaling, they may still have achieved a better ATAR with MEx2, than without doing it.

A similar consideration applies to deciding whether or not to resit a subject. Once you resit, the most recent mark is counted, negating previous marks.
Yeah I know a guy a few years back who got 98 in 2u but decided to do 4u in hopes of a better mark through scaling but ended up getting 89. If he got a band 6 in 4u then he would have gotten 99.95 (he got 99.90). On the other hand, there's a guy in my year who was an accelerant and got 100 in 2u and so wisely didn't go for 4u maths cause obviously you can't beat a 50 aggregate.

liv888

HSC
fair enough 🤣
what are u expecting
mm was expecting an 80 no joke, but then turns out by some miracle i got 3 band 6s so i fumbled around the calculator and it said 96-98 (if i assume low band 6s which is definitely more likely) but my internals are shit so like 93-95 would be good.

but then again if I get a band 3 in chem and physics I'm doomed and if the leaked info is wrong then rip my expectations looking like I'm sleeping forever

idkkdi

HSC
QUICK QUESTION:
One of my friends accelerated 2U math last year and got a b6. They also got 8 units worth of b6's this year. Would they be considered on the all round achievers? Just confused about this because she didnt get an e4 in 4u this year.
hm, actually not too sure.

3u maths might only count as 1 unit if 2 unit is counted. weird case.

vishnay

God
HSC

yeah this is kinda confusing

like do they count 3u as 2 units bc they sat the 4u exam and also include their 2u results when calculating atar

HSC

i'm doing accelerated math and have been advised that if i do ext 2 that adv mark will be removed and my ext 1 mark will be doubled

ie. it is no different to normal

Luke322

HSC
Doing ex2 is a bit of a gamble- make sure you're prepared to spend a lot of your time doing past papers and sacrifice time for other subjects. Thats a big reason why so many accelerants choose to do 4u. If you've already done really well in 2u though, doing 4u may negatively impact your atar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)