Hope this is in the right area. (1 Viewer)

hotfiree

HSC
N/A
I cant find information on this anywhere on the internet because there is way too much info but not very specific.
I need to know what Kabbalah has done to impact judaism?
I can only find very general info on it but nothing as to what it has done to affect jews.

Thanks.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I cant find information on this anywhere on the internet because there is way too much info but not very specific.
I need to know what Kabbalah has done to impact judaism?
I can only find very general info on it but nothing as to what it has done to affect jews.

Thanks.
Have you thought of using wikipedia or just googling it?

hotfiree

HSC
N/A
Ofcourse i have. Thats what the whole i cant find it on the internet statement is about........ It just has things like the origins ect it doesnt actually tell me what its doing to improve/impact judaism

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
To be honest, I think you are just being lazy.

This is what I got from introduction of Wikipedia.

Wikipedia said:
Wikipedia said:
(Hebrew: קַבָּלָה‎, lit. "receiving") is a discipline and school of thought discussing the mystical aspect of Judaism. It is a set of esoteric teachings that are meant to explain the relationship between an infinite, eternal and essentially unknowable Creator with the finite and mortal universe of His creation. In solving this paradox, Kabbalah seeks to define the nature of the universe and the human being, the nature and purpose of existence, and various other ontological questions. It also presents methods to aid understanding of these concepts and to thereby attain spiritual realization. Kabbalah originally developed entirely within the mileu of Jewish thought and constantly uses classical Jewish sources to explain, demonstrate, or prove its esoteric teachings. These teachings are thus held by kabbalists to define the inner meaning of both the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) and traditional Rabbinic literature, as well as to explain the significance of Jewish religious observances.[1]

Highlighted part briefly defines Kabalah. This also shows what they basically do. From here, it is easy to find the impacts it has on adherents.

Seriously, read the whole thing and you will have all the information that you need.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Get the most important points in your own words in a list.

Then form your essay based on that.

Intro: talk about all your points in general (or "introduce" them)

Body: each point presented

Conclusion: sum it up.

It shouldn't be too hard.

hotfiree

HSC
N/A
Just a question though, how do you make something like kabbalah believes that the human soul has three elements blah blah blah relate to affecting/ having a impact on judaism?
Because wouldnt me working on most points just give a background or info on kabb and not actually answer the q?

Such as The Kabbalah is all this - but always and exclusively within the context of Torah.. I dont get how that is impacting on judaism, im having a bad time understanding this :( Sorry

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Just a question though, how do you make something like kabbalah believes that the human soul has three elements blah blah blah relate to affecting/ having a impact on judaism?
Because wouldnt me working on most points just give a background or info on kabb and not actually answer the q?
well, you still have to explain them and say HOW it impacted on them.

You cannot just list out the impacts that it had. You have to be able to explain them. Make them brief, I say. Then get to the point (i.e. HOW they impacted on adherents)

hotfiree

HSC
N/A
So like
As a body cannot function without a soul, so the soul is ineffective without the body.
This has impacted on judaism because it gives hope for a afterlife or something like that?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
So like
As a body cannot function without a soul, so the soul is ineffective without the body.
This has impacted on judaism because it gives hope for a afterlife or something like that?
Yeah. That sounds quite good actually.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Only thing is trying to make it all into a essay :(
well, it will take some time, but I am sure you will do well. Don't worry.

I am basically in the same boat, I have got 3 religion essays to finish by tuesday. Take me as a point of consolation.

hotfiree

HSC
N/A
Its tough ey :(
Hope we both go ok!

Its really escaping me how to say how stuff like this

• Kabbalah is theology in the fullest sense - including ontology, cosmogony and cosmology.
is impacting on judaism.
Quite confusing IMO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)