Hotmail and Numail (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I find it really frustrating having to log out of my hotmail on my home computer to use my uni email, so here's a possible solution! You can have the emails also sent to your hotmail, and be able to send through your studentmail, via your hotmail account.

Open up Hotmail and log in. On the left, under your folders there will be a link for "Add an e-mail account". In the next menu, type in your email (ie. something like c12345678@uon.edu.au) and your student account password.

In the next screen, everything is correct except for the POP server, which should be "pod51004.outlook.com". If that is wrong, refer below.

After this, you have a number of options to fool around with everything. Be aware that *all* of your emails from Numail will be sent to you, so if you have messenger, your screen will fill up with new message alerts.

Hope that helps, if you have any questions I'll try and help.

If your pop server is wrong:
To find your server, when you log into your Numail, look at the address bar. The current page will something like "https://pod51004.outlook.com/ecp/...." Your POP server will be whatever is in the domain part.

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
Ah nice, though I think I'll just stick to switchin to other account, doesn't really bother me that much.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
As an update, I've stopped using this for one reason: When you write FROM your hotmail, it still puts those stupid ads in the signature. I personally believe it to be really unprofessional to give my lecturers links to realestate.com at the end of my emails.

I've also discovered that the reason my browser doesnt remember the passwords is because I use Firefox. Apparently, Microsoft were being cunts when they designed the latest log-in and it will only work for IE.

copeys

HSC
i've also discovered that the reason my browser doesnt remember the passwords is because i use firefox. Apparently, microsoft were being cunts when they designed the latest log-in and it will only work for ie.
+1

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Or you could get a G-mail account.

You can link your Hotmail, Uni mail, ISP provided e-mail... Basically every e-mail address you've ever had into your G-mail account.

DanHickm

HSC
You could also set it up so that all emails from Numail are automatically forwarded to your hotmail, why you'd want to do that though - I have no idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)