Hotness: how has uni changed your perspective? (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
How has uni changed your perspective?

I've learnt that people can be extremely hot, smart and atheletic at the same time :D well I learnt that in year 12 but anyway... so many hot gals and guys at uni :)

That people that know how to express themselves eloquently without the use of colloquialism and who have exceptional manners and morals turn me on!

Seeing uni boys having an internal battle of whether they should open the door or pay for a girl- tis so cute lol

Best thing you've seen at uni?
Watching little first years grow out of the whole "selective friendships with only cool people" thing...awww *warm fuzzy* :)

Most amusing/irritating thing at uni?
Little first years stressing all the time! :\ Tis cute at first but annoying when they think i'm the SES building.... arrgh all these questions about credit points and transferring and how they're so confused about what degree they're in..... *hissssses* get away from me!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I've found sometimes people can be absolute trash and expect you to be thankful for it because they're the self-proclaimed "cool people". I've found people are so preoccupied with doing everything properly and making sure people notice them for it that it's a wonder they don't wear themselves out doing it. I've found that when people think they know better than you, they belive they that can somehow make you better. I've found that when you don't measure up to someone's high standards, they'll look for an excuse to get rid of you. I've found that when people can't sleep because of a guilty conscience, they're willing to defame you.

The hot people are the ones who fight for what they believe in, even if they know it's a losing battle.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
I've found sometimes people can be absolute trash and expect you to be thankful for it because they're the self-proclaimed "cool people". I've found people are so preoccupied with doing everything properly and making sure people notice them for it that it's a wonder they don't wear themselves out doing it. I've found that when people think they know better than you, they belive they that can somehow make you better. I've found that when you don't measure up to someone's high standards, they'll look for an excuse to get rid of you. I've found that when people can't sleep because of a guilty conscience, they're willing to defame you.

The hot people are the ones who fight for what they believe in, even if they know it's a losing battle.
i guess i caught u in a shitty mood huh? :\

lol not to worry i feel like im high at the moment with no sleep and all, there's just jollyness and hotness all around :)

EXCHANGE! :D

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
i guess i caught u in a shitty mood huh? :\
I've been like this all semsester.
clairegirl said:
lol not to worry i feel like im high at the moment with no sleep and all, there's just jollyness and hotness all around :)

EXCHANGE! :D
Exchange what?

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
Sports Science lectures... Lecture theatre full of hot boys :) So nice that they're all in the one place

HSC
N/A
I think I've become a lot more laid back at uni, mostly due to hanging around new people (with new and different attitudes and values etc). I worry less about most things now, and can concentrate more on catching up on sleep and getting my assessments done :)

Best thing I've seen at uni - the occasional "FREE SAUSAGE SIZZLE!" signs. Or even just "SAUSAGE SANDWICHES $2!" signs. Free/cheap food ftw!

Most amusing/irritating thing at uni - gah right now I'm so annoyed because I can't find my arts200 webpage :( Grrrrrness! Why can't they link them through Divisions/Departments on the main student page?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I think I've become a lot more open (if that was even possible), but, at the same time, have become somewhat... stubborn in my opinions and beliefs. See this quite a bit with a lady at work re: religion. She is trying to convert me but, because of my new-found knowledge on various bits and pieces, a new awareness of others opinions/arguments (ie. intelligent design - or lack thereof), coupled with my well-founded opinions have made me quite the force to reckon with... Or so I think... Steve will tell me I'm still too nice (as Rob said at open day, I'm too nice to be a lawyer!), so maybe my stubbornness is only seen by those I am close to. But, it still provides me with a very stable self-concept and self-esteem, which is nice; to know who I am.

I'm such a psych student! :p

One of the funniest things I have seen at uni was a video of an experiment (PSY237) where a cat was tricked by an illusion, and fell into a bucket! Ah, you had to be there I suppose. But, one of the best things I've seen are those smiling, happy faces of new students at both open day and with mentoring.

Currently? The three assignments that I have due consecutively, while having to work 3 days a week. Doesnt leave a whole lotta time for doing my random procrastination stuff.

Also, kinda itching to get to my 4th year, so I can just have straight electives (bar 2 core units), and actually feel like I'm shaping my future. Sigh.

Most amusing is my property law lecturer attempting to bring snuff films into the realm of property law to give the lecture's some 'spice'! And my personality lecturer/tutor, Doris. There are no words to encapsulate her coolness, funness and her massive brain! She totally knows everything. Amazing.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Love your threads, Annie!! :D

I think I've become a lot more open (if that was even possible), but, at the same time, have become somewhat... stubborn in my opinions and beliefs. See this quite a bit with a lady at work re: religion. She is trying to convert me but, because of my new-found knowledge on various bits and pieces, a new awareness of others opinions/arguments (ie. intelligent design - or lack thereof), coupled with my well-founded opinions have made me quite the force to reckon with... Or so I think... Steve will tell me I'm still too nice (as Rob said at open day, I'm too nice to be a lawyer!), so maybe my stubbornness is only seen by those I am close to. But, it still provides me with a very stable self-concept and self-esteem, which is nice; to know who I am.

I'm such a psych student! :p

One of the funniest things I have seen at uni was a video of an experiment (PSY237) where a cat was tricked by an illusion, and fell into a bucket! Ah, you had to be there I suppose. But, one of the best things I've seen are those smiling, happy faces of new students at both open day and with mentoring.

Currently? The three assignments that I have due consecutively, while having to work 3 days a week. Doesnt leave a whole lotta time for doing my random procrastination stuff.

Also, kinda itching to get to my 4th year, so I can just have straight electives (bar 2 core units), and actually feel like I'm shaping my future. Sigh.

Most amusing is my property law lecturer attempting to bring snuff films into the realm of property law to give the lecture's some 'spice'! And my personality lecturer/tutor, Doris. There are no words to encapsulate her coolness, funness and her massive brain! She totally knows everything. Amazing.

bubble_tea

Re: Love your threads, Annie!! :D

wow.. clairegirl, where abouts uni do u hang? cuz i can swear i rarely spot hot guys anywhere!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

I had never heard of the places around uni, nor had I ever 'met' someone from the north *chuckles* I think its opened my eyes up in various ways, strengthened my previous thoughts in other ways, and totally blown me away in some other aspects :)

The Uni has such a great atmosphere that its been conducive to me actually wanting to do something and I think its totally been a positive thing for myself :) A few years ago I'd never have been able to talk to randoms, do mentor activities, and basically anything I've done at uni, or at least to the same quality.

BA/BSci/Mentoring/Open Days/etc

Just seeing the kids I have in my groups or ask questions and to see them in my classes or around uni, it almost brings a tear to my eye and I hope I've made some sort of difference/help in their lives :)

Kegs

HSC
AsyLum said:

BA/BSci/Mentoring/Open Days/etc

Just seeing the kids I have in my groups or ask questions and to see them in my classes or around uni, it almost brings a tear to my eye and I hope I've made some sort of difference/help in their lives :)
Too true. It is great to meet new and potential students, and to share with them some of your own experiences at uni.

nwatts

HSC
Komaticom said:
Uni is emphasising my perspective that education is a waste of my youth (or what's left of it).
education is but a mere fraction of what university is to me

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I find it hard to remember what I was like before uni. My friends tell me I have changed, I don’t know how. I think in essence I am the same, so uni probably hasn't changed my perspective that much, but just brought stuff out more / concreted things / made me more intent on certain things

As for how it has changed my perspective about hotness particularly (which might have been the intent of this thread?), yes it’s made me realise there are an abundance of good-looking, intelligent people. People with that particular intellectual look combined with uber-intelligence, a down to earth and caring personality = hot more than any surfy, bad boy or model will ever be. But I think I knew that before uni, since starting uni it’s just been confirmed as not impossible (haha but not that common either)

Hmm.. the lecturers are pretty awesome. I'm in awe of everything they know.

I think too much about the future and my studies aren’t helping that in the slightest, they're making it much, much worse :S

That in 2 years the uni life will all be over, forever. I will probably be ready for it, but it still scares me, a lot. I am, however, almost ready to move on from what I am doing now and as much as I am savoring this semester, I’m really excited for the next semester to start. It will definitely be challenging but after 3 years, I think it's what I need. <-- gah i think this is the reason for my current state of reflectiveness / thinking too much about the future, this happened in year 12 too

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
This is a really interesting thread...and I promise to write something relevant in it when I'm not so brain dead.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
I think i changed my perspective for uni. I feel much happier and confident at uni than I did in high school. Also I feel much better about myself and happy that the friends I am making like me for me and not what they can get out of me ie notes/favors - that kind of thing - means heaps to me. I think it is just going to keep getting better.

Guy Morrow beat boxing to name one, but just bumping into people I know at unexpected times - friends :D For amusing, it would have to be a friend who loudly proclaimed 'I once thought Jesus was a tree a the SAM bar.

Those weird Ibis birds stalking around and the hardcore asian guys who blow smoke in your direction on wally's walk - gah *cough*
Amusing thing would be those little carts the grounds people use and the fact no one gets out their way - and they get all frustrated - same with security - people pretend they are invisible - actually that is kinda sad too - at mac centre, there was a security guard minding the HP display outside borders, i thought he was from HP but he wsn't - he talked to me anyway and said he wish he could have done a better job like that - it was so sad! poor man :( i'm off topic now - oh yah! mac centre is so close to uni - that's pretty cool!

TalkieToaster

HSC
I think many of the younger students may avoid the security guards gaze due to their fond school-based memories of being chased / yelled at. :p

Changed Perspective:
I dont think it has changed my perspective on hotness at all really. My tastes are the same as always! Its great to meet confident, intelligent girls that you can have passionate intellectual debates/arguments with.

Best Thing:
Taking naps in the sun during my breaks. Returning to Uni after years of full-time work has been a real eye opener. It's great to be amongst bright, happy, intelligent people all day - full-time work killed my inner free spirit for a long while!

Most Irritating:
THe whole campus is overrun with Christians! I'm all for everyone being allowed to do their own thing, but there isnt a wall in the university without something silly about Jesus posted on it. They are nice people though.
Additionally, I was onced chased by an irate mummy duck on the way to my Psych tutorial last semester. :p

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

Mentoring has definitely been very rewarding. It's great being part of a community, I was very isolated at school simply because the people around me were stuck up twats. Uni's great because you can always find great people to be around.

Anyway, perving is definitely the only good thing about summer, I've decided. Uni's great for checking peeps out, although it doesn't seem to be any better than my work, which has a LOT of hot people. I'm so terrible around hotties, though, I think a group of hot metro surfies were trying to steal cases of VB from the store while I was talking with one of their mates. I couldn't be angry at a bunch of cute surfie boys who were too dumb to realise that stealing a case of $50 VB is silly when you could nick one of the $150 cases of imported beer. :eek:

Phanatic

HSC
PwarYuex said:
I couldn't be angry at a bunch of cute surfie boys who were too dumb to realise that stealing a case of $50 VB is silly when you could nick one of the $150 cases of imported beer. :eek:
But alas Robbie, even their cumulative GPA's would be less than 3.5. It could never be. :( ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)