Hours of Study During Stuvac (1 Viewer)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
How many are people planning to do? What's considered a decent amount? How are you guys structuring it?

Thanks in advance!

Tim035

HSC
6 hours min, 8 hours max.

probley 3 hours in morning from 9 - 12. Then a lunch break.

Then 3 more hours from 1 - 4. Then another hour break.

And if I'm up for it 2 more hours from 5 - 7.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Actually that isn't a bad timing schedule. Basically work\study the same hours you would be if you were at school. Remember though you don't want to burn out so keep the hours flexible and study smarter not harder.

tigerlily**

HSC
i really can't concentrate...after the trials everyone is just slacking off...with formals and muck up days coming up, i feel as tho ive already done the hsc.

Aaron06

To Rid The Disease
HSC
Don't forget all the 18ths that happen around this time.

I've been to like 1 every week.

Busy time for me.

volition

arr.
HSC
If you can actually get 6 hours of REAL work done a day, that's really good. When I did the HSC I was lucky to get 4 hours of solid work done per day in (would've averaged about 3), it was just so easy to get distracted.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
volition said:
If you can actually get 6 hours of REAL work done a day, that's really good. When I did the HSC I was lucky to get 4 hours of solid work done per day in (would've averaged about 3), it was just so easy to get distracted.
6 hours of REALness is unlikely.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
volition said:
It's always good to get advice from someone who's been through it. May I ask, were you happy with your results?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Minimum of 3 hours per day.

Maximum of about 8-10 per day.

It's just not mentally/psychologically sustainable and it's just asking for a burnout if you study excessively.

Intelligence

HSC
well im hoping around 6 to 7 hours a day, yet knowing my study history ill be lucky to squeeze 1 hour a day.

Any ways how long is stuvac. My school is only Monday- friday [english paper 1 day]

isnt it meant to be longer?

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
aim 5 hours of REAL STUDY a day. i can sit at the table for 10 hours but not really do any work. im going to buy myself a stopwatch and make sure when i study, i actually STUDY.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
biggie walls said:
I think its funny when 20hrs of study equates to 1 more mark...
That can be the case if you only get like 30 minutes worth of study done in that time.

T

Testpilot

As if not go it 24/7. I mean by now we should all have weened ourself off sleep. Go hard, burn yourself out, it adds to the HSC experience.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
3-4 hours, but that means nothing, it's what you learn in the time and as long as you're confident in what you've learnt you should be fine.. but still in order to learn you do need time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)