How about we try guess questions? (1 Viewer)

kinka11

HSC
Why dont we all try and guess the questions? haha i mean for like the english papers or history or wateva. Its something fun and we may discover something we need to study?

I have a feeling the journeys story will require you to relate it to an emotion like pain.. haha a random guess!!!

but try! xx

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
For AOS Essay, my guess is assumptions underlying the journey.

For Crime Fiction in Eng Ex, something about mystery, or it being used as a vehicle for other focusses.

kinka11

HSC
hasnt a similar question like that already been used for ext? I just hope its not one of those detatchments is at the heart but passion is crucial or wateva it was haha one referring to how its changed over time will suit me :)

Roga

HSC
One of the essays in either Paper 1 or 2 will be very general. (I think)

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
kinka11 said:
hasnt a similar question like that already been used for ext? I just hope its not one of those detatchments is at the heart but passion is crucial or wateva it was haha one referring to how its changed over time will suit me :)
Sort of, but not quite.

Ohhh, a context question would be pwn.

kinka11

HSC
paper 2 is becoming less and less general and i read an article last hsc saying thats how they r going now so students can have prepared answers haha like last yr module B i think (the cloudstreet one) was like talk about a relationhip? like wot the hell

Roga

HSC
Usually I have a prepared essay and just answer the question at the end of the introduction.

HSC
last year all the english questions were essays. so we'll probably get an interview, speech, article or something. why wasn't i an 07'er :(

the past few years' questions have been fairly generic in my opinion, something you could adapt a planned essay to... the exception being module B, but what do you expect when they can ask you anything.

paper 2 is becoming less and less general and i read an article last hsc saying thats how they r going now so students can have prepared answers haha like last yr module B i think (the cloudstreet one) was like talk about a relationhip? like wot the hell
did you mean to say MORE GENERAL or CAN'T HAVE? because otherwise you don't make sense...

Last edited:

kinka11

HSC
cant* haha my bad.!!! its late and the study has killed me. literally

HSC
kinka11 said:
cant* haha my bad.!!! its late and the study has killed me. literally
haha understandable... but about what you said, i dunno, i think i could adapt my prepared essays (except king lear, which i just memorise quotes for) to last years' questions... most easily with telling the truth and comparative study... i might have had initial difficulty with journeys, but i think i would have managed.

now watch as they ask really specific questions leading to my <30 UAI.

kinka11

HSC
hahah looking at ur marks and ranks its hard to get less than 30. But i dont think it will be so specific that everyone is screwed i just know for me either Ill have it perfect or wont have it at all. we shall see. haha

HSC
kinka11 said:
hahah looking at ur marks and ranks its hard to get less than 30. But i dont think it will be so specific that everyone is screwed i just know for me either Ill have it perfect or wont have it at all. we shall see. haha
i'm kinda the same - hit or miss (hence the <30 UAI comment, lol). so i'm going to hope for something generic.

Roga

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
i'm kinda the same - hit or miss (hence the <30 UAI comment, lol). so i'm going to hope for something generic.
Well that's what happened in the trials. (CSSA Papers)

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
i really really hope that english is very general, but knowing my luck it will be very specific, did u know they can say e.g. if u do skrzynecki's poems, use "postcard" as a text.

shanks27

HSC
Paper 2 will be specific, esp. module B, our teacher says they are trying to see what students have a good knowledge of the text, not just a prepared answer, in terms of module A and C will be a bit more general but still more specific then the old "how has your concept changed", Paper 1 essay can also be specific but will most likely be about your own personal response to journey/what you have learnt cos of the syllabus points associated with it

ugotmegood

HSC
2 of the english teachers at my school do HSC english paper marking and apparently know the lady that is the main writer of the english paper this year and they said that she isn't the type to put in suprise questions like the catholic trial papers usually do. I'm hoping that they are right!!

Eclipse008

HSC
N/A
Module B is really the only section that they can be specific on. If they did that on say, journeys or Module C, everyone's related material might clash with the question.

For module A, it always has to link to the comparative study, so again it would have to be pretty broad for it to fit.

My guess?

Journeys - perhaps something about the 'destination' maybe something about the destination as a place of change?

Module A (I do transformations, so I'll reference that) It'll definately be something about 'change'. Maybe a representation type question too i.e. one which asks us about how stoppard adapts the values of Hamlet to a new audience?

Module B - No idea????
I think it'll be a specific question though. Or else they'll ask us for a text type on this one. Maybe an interview or speech?

Module C - It'll be fairly generic. You can't play around much with 'representation and text'

sonyaleeisapixi said:
For AOS Essay, my guess is assumptions underlying the journey.

For Crime Fiction in Eng Ex, something about mystery, or it being used as a vehicle for other focusses.
Don't extension essays usually have something to do with context though? It would be hard to discuss the 'value' of CF when simply focusing on mystery

kinka11

HSC
addikaye03 said:
i really really hope that english is very general, but knowing my luck it will be very specific, did u know they can say e.g. if u do skrzynecki's poems, use "postcard" as a text.
dam. i just felt the bullet go through my head

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)