How am i going (marks included) ? (1 Viewer)

Jess007

HSC
how come they let that one person do the subject and they wouldnt let u be the one person in modern....small school sound sucky cause of the subject limitations... you get tight community connections in big schools too. my whole year is close...120 of us

Aplus

HSC
N/A
You're doing pretty well. Just concentrate on English and you should be getting a UAI in the 90s.

HSC
Jess007 said:
how come they let that one person do the subject and they wouldnt let u be the one person in modern....small school sound sucky cause of the subject limitations... you get tight community connections in big schools too. my whole year is close...120 of us
Our Ancient History class had 4 people in it until 2 left school and I switched subjects.
Then later on the remaining person, was allowed to choose whether to continue with Ancient or switch to Modern.
He chose Modern.
Major disapointment.
The subject limitations do suck, but we have more 'one on one' time etc. There are advantages and disavantages to each school size I believe.

asdasfsdegfsdhg

HSC
I have also just got my exams back and the results are:
90% for 2U rank 7th/60
64% for 3U rank 16th/44
60% for 4U rank 11th/19
80% for physics rank 6th/20 something
80% for economics rank 3rd/19
65% for chemistry rank 9th/30 something
70% for English rank 15th/50 something

I am aiming for over 90.....
anyone else has any views on this please tell....
especially whether i am on the right track....
thnks

mcs-one

Grease Bucket
HSC
What UAI would you predict for these results:
Chemistry 95% (not sure but pretty sure top 5/35)
Business 80% (5/56)
Economics 82% (12/26)
Maths 2u 75% (prob like 40ish/100)but i have been preformign poorly, can do much better
math ext 52% (25/30)
english adv 60% (70/98)

lionking1191

HSC
for those asking for uai estimates, it is really too early to worry about it because:

1. your marks don't mean crap without knowing how well your cohorts performs in the hsc

2. even if you finished half yearlies it's only 35-45% of your assessment mark

so just keep studying hard and don't worry about what you might get at this stage

Kashaya

HSC
There are 12 kids in Year 12 at my school this year; which I think might even be a record for the school? Haha.

With that being said, two are doing life skills courses (so I'm not sure if they'll be finishing this year) and another girl is doing Pathways... So in total, 9 will get their HSC at my school this year. Yeh, boi! Riverina FTW.

Last edited:
HSC
Omg Kash! I just read this thread! People are like: omg my class is so small! There's only 17 kids!
HAHAHA.
COME TO ARDLETHAN EVERYONE.
POPULATION: 500?? (If you're lucky)
SCHOOL POPULATION: 140? (From Kindy to Year 12.)
I'm the only kid in my business studies and IT class. haha.

Hmmmmmmmmm

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
lol! There are around 40 kids in my year, no more than 10 in any class, and in my smallest classes, there are only 2, myself included.

cHoWiiE!

HSC
Hey, just curious

i noticed the person who started the thread said his aiming for 85-91 at least...

with 90's in every subject bar english..wouldn't he hit 90s automatically?:S

coz if what all you guys are saying '85 is looking good'..

then i've got buckleys getting 80:S..

my subjects are: Adv eng, ext 1 eng, gen maths, business studies, sor, and pdhpe..

what roughly would you reckon i need to hit 80s? coz atm i'm stressing out big time coz im not doing as well as i'd like to.. and the fact im goin crap in ext 1 eng is really driving me up the wall (i can't drop it btw)
cheers.

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
yeah, i know people who got band 4s in std english and got a uai >97...
REALLY?!?! OMG! That makes me feel so much better!!

Thank you so much!!

(No bullshit, I really do feel so much better now)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Explosions Hurt said:
REALLY?!?! OMG! That makes me feel so much better!!

Thank you so much!!

(No bullshit, I really do feel so much better now)
Yes. It's absolutely possible. I have a friend who got 99.9 UAI with mid-Band 5 in English (Standard). He ended up getting accepted into the Medicine Course. I am not bull-shitting. It's the truth. If you want to test the validity of my post, go to Boardofstudies and go into the statistics archive and have a look at the "top in the state" for both 2003 and 2004. He came first in maths in 2003 and came first in physics in 2004. (his name is peter yoon)

HSC
lyounamu said:
Yes. It's absolutely possible. I have a friend who got 99.9 UAI with mid-Band 5 in English (Standard). He ended up getting accepted into the Medicine Course. I am not bull-shitting. It's the truth. If you want to test the validity of my post, go to Boardofstudies and go into the statistics archive and have a look at the "top in the state" for both 2003 and 2004. He came first in maths in 2003 and came first in physics in 2004. (his name is peter yoon)
Nice! 99.9 is amazing, and first in the state for maths AND physics is just outrageous!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Explosions Hurt said:
Nice! 99.9 is amazing, and first in the state for maths AND physics is just outrageous!
I know. Amaing thing about him is that he came to my school in Year 11 and kicked everyone's ass from then. It's extremely rare for someone who came in Year 11 to suddenly kick everyone's ass from the moment he came.

On top of that, he came first in the state for maths as an accelerant and he learnt contents for both Year 11 and Year 12 in one year and achieved that result. That's just crazy. Only thing that pulled his mark down was English. He lost about 20 scaled marks in English.

HSC
lyounamu said:
I know. Amaing thing about him is that he came to my school in Year 11 and kicked everyone's ass from then. It's extremely rare for someone who came in Year 11 to suddenly kick everyone's ass from the moment he came.

On top of that, he came first in the state for maths as an accelerant and he learnt contents for both Year 11 and Year 12 in one year and achieved that result. That's just crazy. Only thing that pulled his mark down was English. He lost about 20 scaled marks in English.
Just one thing though: Is he street-smart?

i.e. Did he just learn his textbook back to front and that's the reason for his great mark, or is he pretty smart in all aspects of life?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Explosions Hurt said:
Just one thing though: Is he street-smart?

i.e. Did he just learn his textbook back to front and that's the reason for his great mark, or is he pretty smart in all aspects of life?
He was extremely talented in all aspects of his life. Having succeeded in his UMAT test also proves that to some extent.

He had great aptitude in the area of maths and science. But not just that he also went to Open High School doing Language. (Spanish Beginners) where he got Band 6 .

He had 13 units. He could have had less and concentrate on his subjects but he smartly did so to get the Premier's Award. He knew that he wasn't going to get Band 6 in English (Standard) and he was very stressed about the fact that he did English (Standard). He was actually in the Advanced class but he was struggling so he asked for a help from teachers whether he should have done English (Standard) or not. In the end, he chose that path.

Apparently, that helped him. By doing English (Standard) he did not have to invest in large amount of time. So he could concentrate on the subjects that he valued most - maths and sciences. I think that was very intelligent but if he got higher mark in English, he would have got 100 UAI. But he is quite happy about his UAI because his mark is apparently the top UAI that Standard people got. (probably in the history I guess).

shaon0

HSC
lyounamu said:
He was extremely talented in all aspects of his life. Having succeeded in his UMAT test also proves that to some extent.

He had great aptitude in the area of maths and science. But not just that he also went to Open High School doing Language. (Spanish Beginners) where he got Band 6 .

He had 13 units. He could have had less and concentrate on his subjects but he smartly did so to get the Premier's Award. He knew that he wasn't going to get Band 6 in English (Standard) and he was very stressed about the fact that he did English (Standard). He was actually in the Advanced class but he was struggling so he asked for a help from teachers whether he should have done English (Standard) or not. In the end, he chose that path.

Apparently, that helped him. By doing English (Standard) he did not have to invest in large amount of time. So he could concentrate on the subjects that he valued most - maths and sciences. I think that was very intelligent but if he got higher mark in English, he would have got 100 UAI. But he is quite happy about his UAI because his mark is apparently the top UAI that Standard people got. (probably in the history I guess).
Tht's pretty cool...After hearing Standard English is hard to get a Band 6 in a don't think i'll change to Standard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)