How are 2007ers finding year 12? (1 Viewer)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Another thing about Yr 12 is the magnitude of the sense of dread after an assessment is greater.

For example, if I made a silly mistake in an exam in Yr11 I would just say "well, it's not so bad. I'll do better next time." but now after making a silly mistake for a Yr12 assessment, it feels really bad.

w00dy.

HSC
it doesnt feel like year 12 yet. probally because we are still refered to as the year 11 kids.

the assessments come and go. the homework piles up. and the stress just increases a notch. everything except for the stress factor sort of makes it seem like year 11.

well maybe except for the continual speil about 'everything from this term on counts so make sure you put all your effort into getting the best marks in assessments etc etc etc'

ask me first day of next year and ill probally tell you a completely different thing.

but then again thats probally another one of the perks about the hsc. and all it has to offer us.

Sofstar

HSC
Yr 12 is ok at the moment. There's a never ending pile of things to do that doesnt go away. I'm pretty much all over the place at the moment and i think i'm behind in english, i dont know what i'm suppose to be doing. Damn that too.

kkewi90

MUAHAHHAHAA~~
HSC
Yr 12 just feels like yr11 with added pressure at the moment, surprisingly some teachers seemed to have gotten better at teaching now LOL but others, their way of teacher seems to be getting worse T_T"""

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Stayed up till 2am last night brushing up my English speech :eek: Now that it's out of the way...I can go to my IPT database assignment due in a week <.<

Oh and look at this website on NMR for the physics research and processing assessment task. The teachers said that we don't have to know everything about NMR, but they're gonna ask questions regarding the info sources ie. the website and this article from a 1982 issue of Scientific American. So we're all confused about what we do need to know x.x Basically they're saying, "you don't need to know anything on the topic, but you do need to know something, and we're not gonna tell you what that is" :mad1:

I say the HSC Physics course is dodgy to an unbearable extent <.<

ryn101

HSC
I've got an annoying speech to do for english about journeys and my understanding next monday :mad1: And to top it off, a Senior Science speech the following week :burn:

Im in holiday mode already and im finding it hard to concentrate.

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Speeches are the easiest marks in the entire course I reckon. Good luck.

It's hard to be in holiday mode when it's this hot, meh.

Sam.

bored.
HSC
m0ofin said:
Speeches are the easiest marks in the entire course I reckon. Good luck.

It's hard to be in holiday mode when it's this hot, meh.
Speeches can be a major downfall if you're not good at public speaking, which a lot of people aren't.

And I can't imagine studying in this heat. I'm in love with my air conditioner at the moment.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
~shinigami~ said:
Too fast and too furious. Each week passes by with a blink of an eye and the work they pile on us is enormous, especially for ext 2.
Mate, you couldn't have expressed it any better, thats exactly what happened to me. Right now we think that the HSC is still far away, but its going to be coming up faster than we think. :S

HSC
Wackedupwacko said:
if you thought time was flying in term 4.. wait til u hit term3 XD .... it just wouldnt slow down ... XD (first trials.. then post trials u wanna relax and stuff but then your graduating school so thats always somfin) then before you know it suddenly you are a month from hsc and then all the sudden english paper 1 is on you =( thats what it felt like to me...

holy crap! :bomb:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Shrikar said:
Mate, you couldn't have expressed it any better, thats exactly what happened to me. Right now we think that the HSC is still far away, but its going to be coming up faster than we think. :S
Yeah. Like it's already Friday and it felt like just yesterday that I was groaning because it was only Monday.

HSC
501n2u said:
yr12 is going by way too quickly o_O it's like holidays so soon!
its almost holidays?!?! argh, where did this term go!!

SoulSearcher said:
3am for an extension english essay today :eek:
i've got an english speech due on monday, so im pretty sure im going to have a late sunday night/monday morning

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Well, if everybody does bad, then its MUCH easier for you to beat them. Well, be aware that you may be hit by the low-mark syndrome too.

skip89

HSC
what annoys me is that there seems to be two week periods where there is an assessment for every subject. I hear some schools are bringing in a one assessment a week policy next year.
Not mine so far as i know unfortunately.

G

gaoOO

skip89 said:
what annoys me is that there seems to be two week periods where there is an assessment for every subject. I hear some schools are bringing in a one assessment a week policy next year.
Not mine so far as i know unfortunately.
Mine aren't spaced too badly, definitely not crammed into two weeks. The main reason for that is probably because they cut down on the number of assessments this year... but then the downside to that of course, is that each assessment is now worth more, so if you screw... :bomb:

i haven't heard about the one assessment a week policy before. Which schools are doing that?

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Gangles.McGee said:
You won't believe how hard the teachers are marking the speeches this year. Many of the girls who sit next to the markers peer over to see the marks that a students been given and they're very low, with marks such as 5 out of 15, 6 out of 15. I'm so worried for mine :(
Oh dear, hope you did well.

Hmm, I was talking about the prelim course though where our 5 minute speeches were worth the same as the 4 hour yearly exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)