How are best 10 units taken from 11? (1 Viewer)

*Baby-K*

HSC
I am sorry if this has been asked before but I was just wondering - How exactly are your best 10 units taken from 11 when the 1 unit subject will be counted?
I do :
  • English Adv
  • Gen. Maths
  • Legal St
  • French
  • French ext
  • Russian (completed 2007)
So, I know Russian, English, Maths and French ext will count.
That leaves Legal and French out. I've been getting about 70% in both. My HSC Legal is on Friday, then I have 1.5 weeks till French and another week till French ext- so obviously I will perform better in French because I have more time to prepare- serioulsy 2.5 weeks of just FRENCH.
So will my Legal mark be calculated out of 50 or what?

Sventina

HSC
Every two unit subject is made up of signle units, with specifically tested outcomes. If you do better in a one unit subject than in one unit of a two unit subject, your one unit subject is counted, plus one unit of the two unit subject. If that makes sense.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Each two unit subject is marked and the mark divided by two to get a mark /50 which is then two single one units in the one subject each /50.

e.g.

English Advanced - mark 88/2 equals 2 units at 44 each.
Modern History - mark 98/2 equals 2 units each at 49
Maths 2unit - mark 86/2 equals 2 units each at 43
Maths Ext - mark 46 equals one unit at 46
English Ext - mark 45 equals one unit at 45
Ancient History mark - 97/2 equals two units each at 48.5
Physics - mark 90/2 equals two units each at 45

Total number of units above is 12

First off two units of English must count

so

English Ext - 45 and one unit of Advanced at 44

Then the best remaining 8 units which would be (at face value) - 2 Modern at 49 each, 2 Ancient at 48.5 each, Maths Ext at 46, Physics at 45 and the second English Advanced at 44.

These marks as I said were at face value ignoring the possiblity of the Maths actually scaling better than the Ancient History.

The UAC, when they do this will use the best 8 units for you, not necessarily the ones with the highest face value in marks but the ones that have scaled best for you.

duck.fluff

Usyd BVSc II
HSC
extension french will replace half of your normal french mark if it's better.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
duck.fluff said:
extension french will replace half of your normal french mark if it's better.
Not necessarily.

If all three French units are better than another subject then they will all count.

If say all three French units are better than Legal Studies then all three French will count and only half the Legal will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)