How are law exams/assessments? (1 Viewer)

timmii

sporadic attendee
mmmmh yes its a rather twisted/dysfunctional means of communicating with her i spose...but she's not online dammit! :(
But I'm sorry...i didnt quite intend to take over your thread asq, tho u guys know each other right? So its not as though u're totally excluded...if anything i'm the third wheel, wrong forum and all :p :shy:

Bit of a reflection of reality as well...i think 1 more and I tend to do that a bit...talk...James, very meanly :p once said he couldn't handle talking to us both at the same time separately hehe.

As for my edit before, i uhhh used her name in the post coz i wasnt thinking...then deleted it - keeping her anonymous. Fructis is her custom status at the moment.

oh and full marks for picking up the symmetry thing :p

timmii

sporadic attendee
hehe yeah its great! :p

And it's not really mild spamming...its a deep and philosophical discussion of law exams/assessments :p *sigh* study starts on sunday. Tutor never told us how to do problem questions :eek:, but he marks it so i spose that makes it ok...I love torts so i don't think i'll mind going over it, tho the thought of interference with goods and that Penfolds case is terrifying me! :eek:

timmii

sporadic attendee
1 - lexi...yes we're loquacious types us law students. We never let anything die a natural life...always get the estate to sue for something ;) :p :D

2 - asq Penfolds v Elliott? U're lucky u haven't done...its the most confusing, convoluted and completely ridiculous case out of all the cases...i'm seriously dreading it. I had to read it 3 times before the class and I *still* didn't/don't understand it! :( :eek:

timmii

sporadic attendee
So sexist! Husbands can get for dead wives too (nguyen v nguyen).

Penfolds = conversion is an offense to possession not ownership (i think)??? It has contradictory judgements, none of which my tutor agreed with. Damn him! :mad:

As for the dying the natural death thing...yeah...i was just making that up. Probably closest to relevance is Haber v Walker, when a family got damages even though the deceased actually committed suicide. I think that was the case? There was a case like that. Don't remember the name, cant be bothered finding book so will just continue to make stuff up to sound intelligent *sigh* :shy:

timmii

sporadic attendee
umm they cut "damages" out of the course for us :rolleyes: but i know kondis and maybe crimmins...not really though. Hmmm i'd gotten the impression our courses were different already. There goes the note-sharing idea :(

uhhhh "what's donoghue v stevenson" :rolleyes: :p ;) :D

timmii

sporadic attendee
Oh then we didnt do crimmins...How come u've seen our course outline? To be honest i've had fun in torts this year, but i pity any prospective clients...it was good but i think they left too much for later years.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
We didn't cover conversion in torts, which would explain why we don't know of Penfolds. ;)

Though we touched on it briefly in contracts (ironically)... you can sue someone in conversion if they possess something you own. The example we had was person A selling his car to person B, who in turn onsold the car to person C. Person B turned out to be a rogue, and had given A a dud cheque; the contract between A and the rogue was declared void, which meant A retained ownership of the car and could sue C in conversion if they didn't give it back.

No idea if that helps at all. :)

timmii

sporadic attendee
Lol thanks james! :p :D oh u guys are so lucky u don't do penfolds! :D

hehe...such a *transfer* student thing to say too...;) :p :D

timmii

sporadic attendee
Ah the key is though...if u're like james, u're not just aiming to pass :p

Meh, our final is worth 60% so need to get quite a good mark regardless! :eek:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by timmii
hehe...such a *transfer* student thing to say too...;) :p :D
ergh. :p I really need to try to stop doing that.

Originally posted by Asquithian
about 0% to max of 3% in the exam to pass torts :rolleyes: (depending on cp mark)
I've never thought of it like that... sudden inclination to throw away all my notes and bludge. :p Oh wait, I'm already bludging. :( It's a shame, really; I'm doing well in two subjects and am on the verge of failing two others. Meh. Back to study.

timmii

sporadic attendee
haha james *as if* you're bludging...You seriously scared me last nite...i know *nothing* :(

as for the transfer studentness...feel free to throw in references to contracts and crim, u've earned ur stripes - flaunt it ;) Don't let my jealousy at ur superior knowledge get in ur way of world domination... :p

timmii

sporadic attendee
well i knew that :p

i woulnt mind a credit for torts...however i will be satisfied with pass or above...

just the higher my mark goes above pass the better i will feel...

as long as they invite me back next year :p
mmmh asq, if u're getting credits for the assignments, they'd be more than pleased to have u back next year :p Wouldn't be too concerned if i were you :)

1 more

fructis
HSC
it would be nice to be like james...who needs about 0% to max of 3% in the exam to pass torts :rolleyes: (depending on his cp mark)
James was the shrinking violet of our torts class. He's a shy, straightforward, unquestioning and docile boy, who I had hoped would eventually come out of his shell. I fear this may affect his CP mark.

timmii

sporadic attendee
and if "plays well with the other children" and "comes top of the class" does he get a *gold star*?...

just to bring the thread back to its more important focus - australian idol ;)

1 more

fructis
HSC
Originally posted by 1 more
James was the shrinking violet of our torts class. He's a shy, straightforward, unquestioning and docile boy, who I had hoped would eventually come out of his shell. I fear this may affect his CP mark.
;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)