How are law exams/assessments? (1 Viewer)

timmii

sporadic attendee
What? *as if* i didn't tell you!?!?! *I* am shocked and appalled at myself!

hehehe i got msg'd last week to ask him *why* he dropped out :rolleyes: but never got around to it *sigh*

Omg...most dysfunctional means of communication*ever*!!!!

timmii

sporadic attendee
lol, um...asq don't trouble urself over it :p

Tho i wouldnt attribute it to "girls", i reckon our conversations (mine and 1 more's) rarely make sense to ourselves, let alone anyone else. :p

Last edited:

timmii

sporadic attendee
hmmm asterixes *add* emphasis. It's kind of how we talk...being translated to typing. I use it to show an action as well tho...which may get confusing?

umm scroll back..i think it was all explained a few pages ago. Basically i went to aus idol taping last monday nite (viewing the cosima controversy first hand *shock*). James matheson (compere of aus idol) supposedly started doing law at usyd, but then dropped out. My best friend's tutor (who's a huuuuge aus idol fan) kept telling her class that. So she (and a couple of other ppl in her tute) msg'd me when i was going, asking me to ask james matheson if i saw him, if/why/when he dropped out :rolleyes:. But i didn't. James (laz) is however family friends with james (matheson) so i was wondering if he knew...but he doesn't.

timmii

sporadic attendee
dark haired host!!! :eek: asq, u clearly have ur priorities all wrong if u havent watched enough to know that! :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i haven't watched idol that much... like one or two eps... and guy is an ugly bum... :p
and shannon reminds me of jimmy barnes... or something like that...

GO HSC, YOU GOOD THING! :D

timmii

sporadic attendee
hehe frigid, ur philosophy and mine during hsc are like polar opposites! :p

Haha last year i got addicted to watching the last 10mins of ET every day so as to see the highlights of American idol they showed...and u dont even watch aus idol!!! (u'r so missing out :p) :p Haha now that i think about it, i got obsessed with so much stuff last year. Glasshouse, cnnnn, mash, dave hughes, frank sinatra movies *sigh* :rolleyes:

1 - guy isn't ugly
2 - shannon's *trying* remind u of jimmy barnes :rolleyes: :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
nopes! i do watch stuff during lunchtime! jerry springer and judge judy (go law there)!...

but idol is just not my thing...

guy has a big fat round head like a bowling ball... well let's just say he isn't pretty... hahaha LOL! :D

and i really regret finishing a 14 tape series of Chinese Ghost story during stuvac, now i gotta cram my latin!

1 more

fructis
HSC
Wow this thread is a strangely accurate reflection of a typical timmii & 1 more conversation. We really do try to be worldly law students, but we usually rapidly degenerate (this choice of word is arguable) into a far-too earnest analysis of Australian Idol.

N

ND

Hahah reading the latter part of this thread makes me think i'll make a good law student. :D

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yaay glasshouse and dave hughes. hey timmii do you still watch it? next week is the last ep for the season :(

and i've seen snippets of aus idol when the girl pulled out and when guy sang his last song out of 3 or something. anyway everyone is fake fake fake. ahah the hosts crack me up, i want to punch them in the face :p

err yea, go law etc

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by 1 more
Wow this thread is a strangely accurate reflection of a typical timmii & 1 more conversation. We really do try to be worldly law students, but we usually rapidly degenerate (this choice of word is arguable) into a far-too earnest analysis of Australian Idol.
Lol! It does not degenerate...Many a worthwhile thesis has been written by u and I on msn...*sigh* I still stand by my assertion that I'm doing a BAI(hons)/BCOM/LLB :p ;)

Originally posted by Asquithian
u must think law girls are some kind of *different* breed of girl...they are just like other girls...i think :p
Nope. We're different. :p

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Toodulu
yaay glasshouse and dave hughes. hey timmii do you still watch it? next week is the last ep for the season :(

and i've seen snippets of aus idol when the girl pulled out and when guy sang his last song out of 3 or something. anyway everyone is fake fake fake. ahah the hosts crack me up, i want to punch them in the face :p
Hehehe toods, yeah i still watch! :p 1 more and I went to the studio audience for it 3 times during hsc last year - very fun! Sad bout it being the last episode though...:( They'll probs be re-signed for next year tho right...unlike last year where it was questionable!

Aus idol..yes...cosima controversy...haha so many conspiracy theories! :p ;) I love the hosts. :D Jimmy's humour reminds me a bit of dave hughes - totally appeals to my twisted/weird mind...I find him so much hotter than Andy G tho coz he makes me laugh ( plus andy's hair looks a bit fake, and he's too short for me...but mainly coz jimmy's funnyyyyy :D )

oh dear...should go back to work. Damn accounting...:rolleyes:

1 more

fructis
HSC
In an attempt to combine 2 of the more alluring conversations occurring on the thread, i offer this great and accurate Dave Hughes-ism i heard on the radio the other day Re: Andy G and Jimmy... "One of them talks while the other one just stands there and freaks the nation out." :lol:

Originally posted by timmii
I still stand by my assertion that I'm doing a BAI(hons)/BCOM/LLB :p ;) B]

i think BAI/LLB would be a more truthful depiction of my time spent this semester discussing/viewing/(stalking) all things Idol related, the 'BAI' fails to be merely additional to my other endeavours... :rolleyes:

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by 1 more
In an attempt to combine 2 of the more alluring conversations occurring on the thread, i offer this great and accurate Dave Hughes-ism i heard on the radio the other day Re: Andy G and Jimmy... "One of them talks while the other one just stands there and freaks the nation out." :lol:

i think BAI/LLB would be a more truthful depiction of my time spent this semester discussing/viewing/(stalking) all things Idol related, the 'BAI' fails to be merely additional to my other endeavours... :rolleyes:
Lol! I remember u telling me that quote..I've been struggling to paraphrase it this week but haven't given it justice! :shy:

oooh, if u could've done ur sociology paper on AI instead...ur BAI may have been granted some credit??? :p

Mmmmh at the moment I too appear to be letting my BCom languish...Where did my stuvac go? :eek: (haha discussing AI probably...:shy: )

[as for stalking...check front page of local paper! What will the...uh..."journalists" do now, without the "sms network" :rolleyes: ]

Last edited:

1 more

fructis
HSC
ahhhh got it Asquithian you'll have to check with the resident BCom student, but i think the 'value' of the BAI will depreciate rapidly from next Wednesday...

timmii

sporadic attendee
full marks(compounded annually :p) for using depreciation!!! hehehehe.

to be honest, i think its already depreciating. They're no longer stalkable and everyone's too busy with examness to discuss it (except for us, oh dear). mmh i was thinking of good party themes (much better than doing accounting). How bout aus idol faux pas (plural?) of fame....skirt over pants (skpants?), gold lame dress, hair extensions, bear skin and nose stud....:p

edit: must make amends for my fashion naivety :shy:

edit2: levi's doorag, marcia's uh...outfits/hair (honourable mention for that time she had it wrapped up in a teatowel thing), mark's bling bling and white suits....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

1 more

fructis
HSC
Ah yes Marcia the Cleaning Lady and mark_bling_buffoon_holden do indeed deserve honorable mentions in the virtual archives for the hypothetical dress up party with only 2 keen attendants.

Though timmii... if the quality of that compound interest joke is anything to go by, then you are a sure thing for tomorrows accounting exam!

Edit: Just read my post and it sounded as though it was dripping with sarcasm. I tend to have that problem with other people, now I have even confused myself! Being entirely sincere now, the compound interest reference made me chuckle! (though it could have elicited a guffaw from someone else i know!)

Last edited:

timmii

sporadic attendee
lol! Thanks "fructis"! :p Tho i dont think there'll be much guffawing...judging from msn nicks he's learning the alphabet...

Haha there was depreciation in the exam (and chuckled on ur behalf :p), and the topic i didnt study wasn't in there (yay!) but this obscure article that we read months ago was worth 10%. Damn the accounting department. :mad: Thankfully i remember reading some of it ages ago (see...doing readings helps ;)) and used my lovely english adv skills to make up the rest

On a tangent. It's exactly 1 year since i finished hsc today. And clearly, as evidenced by my presence on the boards...am rather over it! :rolleyes: oooh if i didnt do law i'd have finished today as well - ahhh the "symmetry" of it :p

mmmmh you still have 1 more ;) :p :D

edit: so as to keep ppl anonymous...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)