• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How are the 06's finding yr 12 so far?? (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Time flies and it's already week 4! Fortunately for myself, I've settled into my weekly schedule and getting back on my subjects, it took a few weeks, but I'm back and ready to rock the half yearlies. :cool:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Riviet said:
Time flies and it's already week 4! Fortunately for myself, I've settled into my weekly schedule and getting back on my subjects, it took a few weeks, but I'm back and ready to rock the half yearlies. :cool:
I find myself still struggling to get back into my weekly schedule, I am going to have to force myself to work again because once I start it will be :cool:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
omggggggggg ur so effing lucky!
how the hell did you do all that?
as for me, im behind on all my subjects except for CAFS & Business studies. I am not bothered to do my homework, let alone my assessments. i am not bothered to study for my half yearly exams.

its times like these i really think its necessary to kill the computer and keep myself motivated:mad1:
I reminded myself that it's the HSC and it all counts. What I put in is what I get, the more I procrastinate, the more work that piles up and more behind I'll be. So I worked at getting myself back together these first few weeks. :shy:

maverick990

HSC
i am not finding year 12 that hard just yet, i haven't got many assesments yet. but i will see how it goes through out the year

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
after my camp i feel refreshed and i feel that im slowly getting back into my study habits. going to build onto it and then hopefully in a few days everything will be fine. and yes i have fallen behind in subjects but mainly for religion and maths. business i barely pay attenstion in class anymore as the new teacher + change and management is so boring it just wants to make me go to sleep. also the fact that she makes us copy out of the textbook the whole lesson. we use to have the best discussions but yeah they're long gone now lol ! but i can catch up on that easily. hmm i started accelerating for the topic were currently doing when school started. wonder what happened to that lol. but besides that business studies is still one of the best subjects !

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
omggggggggg ur so effing lucky!
how the hell did you do all that?
as for me, im behind on all my subjects except for CAFS & Business studies. I am not bothered to do my homework, let alone my assessments. i am not bothered to study for my half yearly exams.

its times like these i really think its necessary to kill the computer and keep myself motivated:mad1:
unique i know how you feel ! i really feel reluctant and lazy to study ALL THE TIME but i know i have to do and once you get into studying its not that bad. and the feeling you get after you do a long study session is the best.

things that i found that motivate me are:

-wanting a good rank and that award for business studies and english lol.

-last year of school and i don't want to waste it and think "oh shit" on the actually hsc day. i have wasted all my schooling years except for yr11 and this year in which i actually begin to do work !

-getting into uni. when i look at all those uni buildings it just makes me want to be there ! also i want to join my friends as well haha ..

-getting a good UAI so i can throw it back at all the people who have called me a dumbfuck throughout the past few years. this is mainly family.

-wanting to make my teachers proud ! (doesn't help me that much anymore as i no longer have my two best teachers)

Last edited:

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
Thats quite ok:)
I'm guessing that that's you in that avatar.

Oh yea, I wouldn't say that we have half-yearlies. Our exams are evenly spaced out. I don't even know what's in the middle of the year.

richiie

HSC
So we have assessment tasks aswell as half yearlies?!? :S

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
champ_sammy_19 said:
GOOD LUCK YEAR 12 2006 FOR YOUR HALF YEARLYS!!!!!
haha thanks but i dont want to be reminded ><" but people seriously start studying now ! i could have already finished revising a majority of my notes and have less stress if i didnt procrastinate so much. its my fault and i regret it and regret is the worst emotion to have esp when its the day of your exam and your sitting it and thinking "oh shit". now i have to rush through almost everything and even though five weeks might seem like a lot of time, its not. i have the worst time management and i really have to fix it. but everything is going to be fine. so yeah good luck to you all ! don't waste your time as we only have a few months of hard work and then were free FREE FREEEEEEEEE =]

richiie said:
So we have assessment tasks aswell as half yearlies?!? :S
my cousin has heaps of exam blocks throughout the year. yes her school is weird but i guess it prepares the students i guess ..

Last edited:

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
pLuvia said:
Our ones are coming up week 10 and 11 I think, time flies :p
ours is in 3 weeks and 3 days day :eek:
personalli i am not feeling very confident..coz havent study..
even if i studied. nothing is going into my head.. :mad1:
thoughts on yr12?
juz a bit to go!yeS uni! freedom! holiday! ohyea! XD

gareth_m10

ToKen~KiWi
HSC
This year kinda has a bitter-sweet feeling. it's the last year of H.S., but all the pressure kinda dims that good feeling. Studying for exams and completing assessment tasks feels as though 1000% effort needs to be put in (coz they are marks lost towards the end HSC), which eliminates any enthusiasm. Anyways s'pose just gotta suck it up and put the effort in... **sigh**

lol, its almost half-way, but gl everyone doing the 2006 hSC!

rev-ise

HSC
I'm finding it ok, though i think i am falling behind a bit, and i've got three assessment tasks next week... :(
I guess as long as i study enough so that i'm really confident i'll do well.

gabbypoo

HSC
would somebody please make the bad man (Stupid board of studies and the teachers) STOP WITH ALL THE ASSESSMENTS AND TALKS OF RANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

on a lighter note - we finally one our first ever swimming carnival in our last year at school. it was a memorable moment for us yr 12 girls at the awards ceremonie...GO G.I. GREEN

"Cause these are the days worth living
These are the years we're given
And these are the moments
These are the times
Let's make the best out of our lives..."

sorry i meant to say "won" not "one"

oops

These are the times

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
gabbypoo said:
would somebody please make the bad man (Stupid board of studies and the teachers) STOP WITH ALL THE ASSESSMENTS AND TALKS OF RANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

on a lighter note - we finally one our first ever swimming carnival in our last year at school. it was a memorable moment for us yr 12 girls at the awards ceremonie...GO G.I. GREEN

These are the times

That's life. That's how it goes. The good and the bad.
Good on ya on the win.
With the school thinnggy, many people don't like ranks. Everyone, except for the super-organised, is falling behind. I have to admit that I'm also falling behind myself.

kimmy88

HSC
I'm actually finding it quite hard. I can't get myself motivated at all so I'm not doing anything and I'm falling behind really quickly. The teachers are giving so much work and it's not clear enough, I don't know what's a must know or just background info and I have to pick out all the important parts myself, THERES TOO MUCH! Really struggling! I'm stressed out already! there's so much pressure! Any advice?????? :bomb: :confused: :eek:

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
kimmy88 said:
I'm actually finding it quite hard. I can't get myself motivated at all so I'm not doing anything and I'm falling behind really quickly. The teachers are giving so much work and it's not clear enough, I don't know what's a must know or just background info and I have to pick out all the important parts myself, THERES TOO MUCH! Really struggling! I'm stressed out already! there's so much pressure! Any advice?????? :bomb: :confused: :eek:
Welcome to bos kimmy, mite b an idea to talk with ur6 teachers and let them know where u r stuggling. After all if u dont say sumthing they assume that u r doing just fine. So the key is to speak up!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)