How are u 2013'ers finding MX2? (1 Viewer)

hayabusaboston

HSC
Which textbook are u up to and which concepts are u up to?

Me personally im enjoying the pace in my class, we're up to geometric stuff with complex no's. So far havent had any problems understanding stuff off the first hit, so am quite happy :) We're using patel and terry lee together in class.

How u guys going?

Marc26

HSC
Good
We're up to geometrical applications in complex numbers (ex 2.6 for terry lee)
and its going good, q8 onwards is confusing though since we haven't thoroughly gone over the excercise yet
Looking forward to finish the topic and get on to some pretty cool stuff though

such_such

HSC
Which textbook are u up to and which concepts are u up to?

Me personally im enjoying the pace in my class, we're up to geometric stuff with complex no's. So far havent had any problems understanding stuff off the first hit, so am quite happy :) We're using patel and terry lee together in class.

How u guys going?
Wait, don't you go to Hurlstone? Isn't conics your first topic?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Just came to pop by to say hi and tell you guys this. Remember do past papers as early as possible on the topics you have learnt, it will save a lot of time come assessments/trials. =]

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Complex Numbers is much more interesting that Parametrics (MX1) or Series (2U)! It's also easier than both those topics (is this meant to be the case?)

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Complex Numbers is much more interesting that Parametrics (MX1) or Series (2U)! It's also easier than both those topics (is this meant to be the case?)
From what Ive seen Complex Numbers can be mechanical at times but there are tricky HSC questions alot of the time. But yeah people say Q1 Integration and Q2 Complex Numbers are the marks the BOS gives for free

theind1996

HSC
N/A
It's much more interesting than 2U/3U - I'm more inclined these days to do 4U homework.

I'm up to nth roots of unity, but my school doesn't have separate 4U lessons since our 3U class is our 4U class so we only started 4U this week.

We finished Series and Sequences, Induction and Binomial Theorem in the first 2 weeks though.

Oh, and I'm using Patel/Fitzpatrick/. Don't like Cambridge 4U. Might check out Coroneos later and will definitely get my hands on Terry Lee.

Last edited:

kman16

HSC
Are you high? Sure when you're learning it, it seems straight forward... but come HSC you will see that the last complex number question in every HSC paper will usually stump you more than most other topics. I think integration is probably the easiest topic.

Capt Rifle

HSC
We are up to geo applications of complex numbers using Terry Lee textbook. We've also finished induction and series and sequences. I hated series and sequence, most boring topic of all time.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Are you high? Sure when you're learning it, it seems straight forward... but come HSC you will see that the last complex number question in every HSC paper will usually stump you more than most other topics. I think integration is probably the easiest topic.
Come on man, complex is pretty easy, its just those random vector questions that get you

kman16

HSC
"random". They pop up consistently every year. For question 2, 12/15 isn't good enough so you will be sweating on that question hoping its not a pain in the butt

HSC
Uni Grad
Moved schools, up a few school ranks HAHA
Dude, didn't you move back to Armidale? Quite sure Duval High isn't higher...

Anyways,

We started with both graphs and conics; graphs being taught by one teacher and conics another. School's progressing quite slowly due to the combining of two classes and only having 3 periods a week :S

Personally, I enjoy conics because it's like deriving this and that...getting sucked in by a false impression of 4u; later topics are going to kill me :(

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Don't get intimidated by MX2, it doesn't get that much harder as you go along (it probably got easier in my personal experience).

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
haha yeah, that's what happened with MX1 for me during prelim. Was near bottom of class (and my class is a weaker class) at the start, then things starting to get easier for some reason... Hoping that'll happen for MX2 as well.

deadpatch

HSC
Almost finishing complex numbers, moving on to graphs. Any hints for curve sketching in extension 2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)