how are you studying for history? (1 Viewer)

jojogirl~

most of it's fine, but its just small stuff i think that's not entirely accurate

alot of ppl in my class (me included) are using the excel and some people who got q's wrong in the trials which they said were answers they got from the excel book

shouldn't worry too much though, i'm sure most of the info is ok

Sarah J

HSC
I don't really like the excel. I just don't trust it. It hasn't got very much info in it.

Sarah J

HSC
Oh. Another way that's good to study is to use flash cards for the ancient terminology. It's made studying the periods so much easier, and it sounds smart when you throw them into your essays :D

ben

Originally posted by Sarah J
Oh. Another way that's good to study is to use flash cards for the ancient terminology. It's made studying the periods so much easier, and it sounds smart when you throw them into your essays :D
what the hell is ancient history terminology?

:p

Jellymonsta

Originally posted by ben

what the hell is ancient history terminology?

:p
little words that sound profound and encourage the marker to believe you know what you are talking about, because they are in the ancient language, and are always in italics.
and other history/ancient society specific words... just more of the same BS name dropping that gets bonus marks.

|YaKuZa|EyEz On

Whats mark are your guys aiming for?

I think its quite possible to get 100% in the first two essays, they are structured, and limited in answers, therefore u only have to nail the question.

The use of flash cars are a great idea, that work really well, also use flash cards for thems, e.g Caesar's women, Militarism, Athenian Radical Democracy, Importance of Perioki, blah blah blah. The thing that will get u marks is source material and original at that especially moder scholars.

J.Fine is great for Greece and Sparta (Markers love him)
Scullard, is great for Rome
Try to minimise on HDT and Plutarch as they are not very exciting to the litterally ancient markers. U should use two different schools of thought in your argument that contradict showing that there simply isn't one answer. U will score marks left right and centre, I will start my ancient study tomorrow, Good LUCK YA'll!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)