How are your schools doing in maths? (1 Viewer)

ReneeApple

HSC
I don't do any level of maths (thank God) but the people who do do maths at my school are really beginning to freak out. Basically, we don't have the strongest mathematically inclined cohort, and the trials didn't go so well for 2U or 3U. Then, earlier last term, for whatever ingenious reason, the school decided to combine the 2U and 3U classes. Each of them had their lesson times halved because they were at different parts of the 2U course and the teacher had to teach them different things. :spzz:

So these were our trial results across all levels of maths (they did the CSSA papers):

General: Most people failed, some god 60-70%
2U maths: The average was 20%!!

I'm not sure how 3U went, but even our top 4U girl got 50%ish and she's brilliant.

How is your school doing comparatively because my people are beginning to slowly lose their remaining shreds of sanity

tambam

HSC
Yeah, in my opinion 2u was pretty straightforward, (I didn't do it as a trial btw) around the same difficulty as last year's hsc and a bit harder than other hscs. But other people on here have said that their school average was around 50percent, but that's still not looking too good for your school.
Cssa 3u was also not difficult, and around hsc standard. I don't know about the others

khfreakau

HSC
cssa 3u was easier than hsc standard for sure, same goes for 4u. independent 3u was a bit harder than cssa but still easier than hsc imo, and independent 4u was quite challenging.

HSC
Uni Grad
my school is like that

general maths average was poor, top mark was 93% :S

2u maths was poor too

same with 3u

and 4u (average was 45% :O)

apollo1

Banned
HSC
my school is like that

general maths average was poor, top mark was 93% :S

2u maths was poor too

same with 3u

and 4u (average was 45% :O)
well that 4U average isnt too bad considering u did CSSA paper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)