How big are peoples portfolioz getting? (1 Viewer)

jjo

I'm go murderlise dog!
HSC
mines set 4 about 70-ish:rolleyes:

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
The person who got 3rd in the state last year went to my school and his folio was almost 250 pages long. In addition to that he had posted on the walls surrounding his MDP (a table) drawings, marketing stuff etc.

Mine was approximtely 140 pages including sketches, questionaires & surveys and I only got 77.

40 pages sounds way too light to get you a brilliant mark. I know it's quality not quantity, but still....

networkmaster

HSC
mine was 74 all up

Bit whats the point of a 200+ page folio... the markers have 20 off min per assignment, they wont get through it all

wendus

krawr.
HSC
dude the whole point is that you show them your design process. of course they're not going to read it all. but if you have good quality work they'll know it.

networkmaster

HSC
Yeah, it is to show em the process, but still, that's a lot to look through, decipher and mark

wendus

krawr.
HSC
well i guess they're really experienced markers so they would know what to look for. ):

J'harpin'D

HSC
man my folio is now 30 pages but i'm still going! trying for a lot more!!

lucidassembly

HSC
Yeah, mine is currently 80 pages, and I'm only about half way through. Damn lengthy process!

Cob-was-here

HSC
Nearly up to evaluation. 8000ish words so far. 50ishish pages (excluding drawings and diary). I have soooo much to go though :mad1: Trying to keep pages to a minimum because I still need to buy folio sleeves and I spent my $500 on the project.

And 1 day to do it all...and finish my major ;)

Last edited:

lucidassembly

HSC
27 000 words so far *is about to die of exhaustion*

By the way... in our final evaluations, is it necessary to include the personal evaluations of industry professionals? I really don't have the time to get them! :(

wendus

krawr.
HSC
i think it's better if you do. i gotz no time for them either though ):

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
well i don't do DT
but a few of my friends do any they have like.. around 2 (completely full) A3 folios
i was like WHOA.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
yeah the band 6 girl in last year's dt class had three ): it was SO good.

networkmaster

HSC
Mine was 70 in total but i found it hard to apply to concepts of the folio to my software product :(

wendus

krawr.
HSC
guys, what are you all calling your projects? cos i know we need a title for it but i can't think of a relatively ok one. it doesn't even have to be creative. any help? i'm making a wedding dress btw :(

Cob-was-here

HSC
I went on the net and got a french translation of my original name which i thought was too basic (I wanted German, but the translation was lame)

Also, has anyone else unintentionally left 40% of folio until now?

lucidassembly

HSC
wendus said:
guys, what are you all calling your projects? cos i know we need a title for it
We need a title? Our teacher never mentioned that at all :mad: Bah, I'm officially over it. I'm drawing the last of my sketches, fudging a few process diary entries and then burning every remaining trace of dt which exists in my bedroom.

I really don't have anger issues, by the way :p

Cob-was-here said:
Also, has anyone else unintentionally left 40% of folio until now?
Yeah, its as though you don't realise just how much there is to do until its too late. I've had so much to finish over the last two days... things I wasn't even aware I had to complete! We should really spend more time at the beginning of the year going through the entire portfolio criteria... I know it would have made me a lot more prepared.

Cob-was-here

HSC
Yeah but you did 30 000 words for your folio (I have no idea how). I'm struggling with 10 000 :/

Still have realisation and evaluation to go with part of management and development. Then i have to print the folio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)