How can I improve my marks to get UAI 98.65? (1 Viewer)

vizman

HSC
Cookie182 said:
thanxs :)

ur advice isnt too bad either- and it must definately work!!! UAI of 99.05 !!!

well done!
hahah thanks mate, congrats on ur 97.35. ur advice is so candid mate, everyone does it but no one admits it. im sure the 08'ers will appreciate the honesty. top stuff mate.

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
You're really precise 'bout wat u want hey? Gud luck though...failed 2 HSC assessments... :-:)(

Potential100UAI

HSC
Ok so if you already failed 2 of your 2 year 12 assessments its GG for you. But if not you can still improve if you study more productively. Studying till 2am just shows that your wasting your time doing who knows what. I found myself doing this for maths ext 2 and it proved no help to my overall marks. My advice is that you prepare a study timetable and also set out what you are going to study in that period. Plus if you are reading notes that's not called study, try to apply your knowledge frequently using exercises being set in classes. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT etc...

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Quality > Quantity for you.

If you study until 2am (I can't last that long), then I'm guessing your 'NOT' studying 'EFFICIENTLY'. Write your notes and make them neat with subheadings for each part, read over them continously aloud like your teaching it to someone or record your notes by talking and listening to it over and over again. I don't know if it will help you, but I'm definitely going to continously try it in year 11, as I did once in year 10 and scored full marks for some science topic test :D.

Continue to set goals for each subject and what you want to achieve in the future (short term goals, medium term, long term). Continue to look over your goals. Write down next to that goal what you need to do to achieve it. When you have reached your goal, reward yourself :).

Oh, and make a study a timetable and set priorities for each subject. Say you have an assignment due in 2 weeks, and you have a speech due in a week. You would be concentrating more on the speech, and if the assignment is huge, you would be doing little chunks of it. Remember to prioritise :).

For the study timetable, list down the limitations FIRST e.g. Tennis Comp 8am-12pm, Maths Tutoring 1pm-3pm. I didn't really make a study timetable, but I jot the things such as homework I have to do into a list with the times daily, including the limitations, exactly like a 'To do' list. I think that's another option instead of a study timetable.

If you want, you can buy a folder or loose leaf folders for each subject and put your sheets you receive from class in that, with your syllabus dotpoints, instead of glueing it into your books like junior years. This is also what I'm going to try in year 11, as the syllabus will be a 'bible' for us year 11'ers, quoted in another forum.

So overall, study efficiently, set goals, time management, organisation. Good luck with your long-term goal of gaining your 98.65 UAI.

Edit:

Also read cookie's, tommykins and drynxz advice :). Found it really helpful, and I agree with the study timetable point cookie made, which is why I don't really make it.

Last edited:

blakegman

HSC
N/A
i think it comes down to:

If you have to ask on a forum how to achieve 98.65, then you really arent intelligent enough to achieve it anyway.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
blakegman said:
i think it comes down to:

If you have to ask on a forum how to achieve 98.65, then you really arent intelligent enough to achieve it anyway.
thats not true at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)