How can I trick my parents? (1 Viewer)

Samraz

HSC
My parents made me do subjects I absolutely hated and I ended up with an ATAR in the 60s. Having said that I applied under the guarenteed entry scheme to UTS with my bonus points. I am all set for receiving an offer in the Main Round.

Now my problem...last year my school made me do biology hsc and I ended up with an 82 but I told my parents I got 91 so they would not get angry with me. I even ripped up the paper sent from the Board of Studies with my bio mark in it last january so that my parents would not get their hands on it.

They are really angry at the moment for me doing terrible with the rest of my HSC and ATAR so I don't want them to know that I lied about my bio mark too. I am heading to Melbourne on Thursday with my mum but my dad will still be here in Sydney so he'll get my HSC credentials mailed to our address. And that will most probably include my bio mark in it.

I could stop that from happening by giving the Board of Studies my old home address so my dad does not get it, but will that in any way affect any UAC mail, considering that I am going to get my uni offers from their site? I don't want to change my address on UAC but I do want to change it on the Board of Studies. Is that possible?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
82 for bio is still pretty good. Not really an issue tbh. They aren't going to do much. Stop over reacting. Just accept that you have digged yourself into a hole.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
When they say "On this letter it says you got 82" you convince them that you did indeed say 82 not 91 and they heard wrong.

Nah, I reckon you should have been honest with them at the start. Your parents being angry or not won't change your marks so man up. Or woman up.

Samraz

HSC
I am only asking whether I can change my address on the Board of Studies but NOT UAC?????

BiasedBuffalo

HSC
Not even sure if this is legit.

Surely you feel bad about lying in the first place? Be honest, tell them you'll get an offer for the course you want and they should be happy for you.

If you hide the letter, you'll just be in the shit later when they realise it isn't turning up and they start wondering...

Pro tip: get auspost to forward/hold your mail while you're away. But seriously, no.

Last edited:

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
All this effort to prevent them from finding out seems a little drastic, don't u think? Im sure the fact that you've got your course decided will make your parents care less about something that is done and dusted.
You don't even kno

"But mom I can do any course tho"

"No cameramen no care"

HSC
You can change your address on UAC from the same place you change your preferences I think. Sorry to hear about your situation but hopefully your dad doesn't open the letter since it is addressed to you in the first place.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I am only asking whether I can change my address on the Board of Studies but NOT UAC?????
Yes you can. (Not encouraged), but yes, you can. Wait, so it has been like almost a month and they don't even know your marks let alone your ATAR? Dafaq

Samraz

HSC

Surely you feel bad about lying in the first place? Be honest, tell them you'll get an offer for the course you want and they should be happy for you.

If you hide the letter, you'll just be in the shit later when they realise it isn't turning up and they start wondering...

Pro tip: get auspost to forward/hold your mail while you're away. But seriously, no.
I am not 18 yet and you have to be 18 for that

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Leave it...you're only going to make things worse after lying in the first place. I think your parents might get angrier at the fact you lied and almost betrayed their trust (putting it melodramatically), as opposed to getting low HSC marks and ATAR rank...

SuchSmallHands

HSC

Pro tip: if auspost is involved your parents will never get it anyway.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Also lol at the people heaping crap on OP for not being a perfect child to the parents who forced them to do two years of subjects they hated in order to get their child to be more like someone they're not.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Tell them exactly what you told us: They made you do subjects you didn't want to, hence your results.
Be honest with them now. Don't carry this lie. You'll feel guilty.

williamdaft

HSC
Be honest and confront your parents.. you will continue to feel shit if you never tell them the truth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)