how can u get toned? (1 Viewer)

ben_au69

HSC
tone is just about having a low bodyfat %age. having said that, if you have no muscle underneath the fat and a low bf %age, you will be 'toned' but will look skinny. so if you want to look cut and decent, mix up lifting heavy weights and lots of cardio so you have a decent amount of muscle before you shed that fat.

diet wise, you have to lower your caloric intake to lose weight.. start eating clean sources of protein such as eggs, tuna, steak, chicken, skim milk and such

as for what some people have said earlier, there is no such thing as an optimal rep range or optimal speed at lifting for "tone". just lift hard and heavy

Last edited:

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Spyrax said:
If you want a six-pack, The first thing you have to know is that everyone has a six-pack. You may say, bullshit because you can't see your one but really, its the fat thats preventing it from being seen. So how do you make it visible? You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this out, but its simple, you have to lose the fat. Diet and fitness will solve this problem. I'm not quite sure on the diet, if someone could help me out, but I would eat fruit, drink milk, etc and avoid coke, krispy kreme, maccaz etc. By exercising, you will lose fat, for example, if you were to go running in circles, a good 30-35 minutes non stop will be good enough. Once you develop abs, you should start doing situps to make the abs stronger. Note: Just doing situps won't do jack shit, you might just see the top 2 abs from situps but the bottom ones will have to get worked out and dieted to be visible.
No, you don't have to be a rocket scientist. However, dont underestimate the complexity and volume of knowledge that needs to be acquired in relation to exercise physiology for one to be successful.

If you want to go on a harcore fat loss diet, I would not be consuming fruit or milk. Both contain sugar, which will inhibit fat loss. However, if you don't plan for your diet to be as extreme limit all sugar to the mornings. For your diet to be optimal, you need to calculate your required caloric intake and then determine the foods that will meet this goal. Much attention should be paid to the macronutrient ratio, i.e. protein, carbs, fat. Anyway, there is too much to say about dieting that it is too time-consuming and impractical to attempt. Do some research.

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i sayyyyyyyyyyyy

exercise!!!!

ahahha...such insight from abeautiful mind :eek:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
haha....I thought the thread title had an extra 'S' in it at first glance ;)

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
the best way to tone is combine cardio with weights
with weights, the best way to work out is to do sets of 12-15. the weight should be heavy enough so that the last 3 of the set are a 'failure', as in you can barely do it. you should then do 3 sets. each movement, using a leg press as an example, should be counting 1-2-3-4-5-6 slowly, pushing out with your legs on the 1-2 and bringing your legs back in slowly on the 3-4-5-6. this is kinda a rough idea and a crappy explanation, but this is how it was explained to me the other day in my personal training session. it works the same way for other exercises. the best idea is to go to your gym, buy a membership, and wiht that membership usually comes an hours session with a personal trainer, where they plan out a routine, show you how to use weight training machines and what you should and shouldnt be doing.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
No, you don't have to be a rocket scientist. However, dont underestimate the complexity and volume of knowledge that needs to be acquired in relation to exercise physiology for one to be successful.

If you want to go on a harcore fat loss diet, I would not be consuming fruit or milk. Both contain sugar, which will inhibit fat loss. However, if you don't plan for your diet to be as extreme limit all sugar to the mornings. For your diet to be optimal, you need to calculate your required caloric intake and then determine the foods that will meet this goal. Much attention should be paid to the macronutrient ratio, i.e. protein, carbs, fat. Anyway, there is too much to say about dieting that it is too time-consuming and impractical to attempt. Do some research.
I love it how some people on this thread think they are a top-shit nutritionist, and know everything there is to know about everybody's individual bodies, and about the complex physiology of weight loss vs. Muscle toning.

I have 2 pieces of advice

1) eat healthily
2) excercise

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
ioniser said:
big fat muscles=lift weights slowly,bench press slowly........etc

strong reflex muscles=do the above as quick as possible this also helps to lose body fat

toning the muscle=lift weights not too quick and not too slow so in between the above(medium rate)
what do u mean by 'strong reflex muscles'?

keithmoon

Like a virgin.
HSC
llamalope said:
I love it how some people on this thread think they are a top-shit nutritionist, and know everything there is to know about everybody's individual bodies, and about the complex physiology of weight loss vs. Muscle toning.

1) eat healthily
2) excercise
Shit!!! YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!!!

hYperTrOphY

HSC
llamalope said:
I don't think I am a top-shit nutritionist. Nor do I think I know everything there is to know about exercise physiology. In fact, I know very little when you consider just how much there is to know. However, I would imagine the little I do know is significantly more than most people. I dont understand why you would criticise someone who is giving people decent advice, and not the other 90% of people who are making bullshit statements that they probably read from New Idea or Women's Weekly.

1) eat healthily
2) excercise
Thanks for that. I'm sure everyone will now lose lots of weight since we know the magic formula.
Not only is it more complex than that, but most people dont understand what they should be eating or how they should be exercising.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Hypertrophy, how did you learn so much shit about exercising and nutrition, etc. Was it basically searching then reading stuff from websites?
I have learnt a lot from many different sources. I was lucky enough to learn the basics from my step-dad who has been training for years. Since then, I have read exercise physiology textbooks used at uni, read articles and joined online bodybuilding forums. I haven't done much reading on exercise/nutrition in a while though, especially with the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)