How come the roosters are allowed to cheat? (1 Viewer)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Hey, I'm fairly new tothese forums, but I wanna ask you guys as to what those who dont support the Rorters, what do you reckon of their cheating tactics;

- Morley getting off for nothing (after that high tackle earlier this year)
- Stuart being origin coach
- Cartwright being origin assitant coach
- Finch being a sook
- Cross only getting six weeks for an eye gouge which a hard-working Souths or Tigers player would get 18 weeks
- Stuart being a sook
- Their $10 million salarycap [the ability to sign Anasta (700k a year) and likely Harrison (230k a year)], while still maintaining $200k+ players such as Mini, Roberts, Cross, Flannery, Finch, Morley, Cayless, Wing, Fitz, and other overrated shits that no one but cocksucking cock supporters can remember

Your thoughts? (Or has this forum been brought up before, cause if it has, just dont give a fuck about it)

0Jade0

HSC
Out of how many times has Morely gotten off?
Someone has to be the coach.... Would you like them to coach themselves?
Cross isn't a hard working player? What world are you living in?

If the Roosters were cheating the NRL would do something about it. Also we were fined this year for salary cap breaches.
It sounds like tall poppy syndrome to me.

davo_

good kid
HSC
Ok, I'm no fan of the Roosters either, but to be fair I think you may have gone a bit far hah, most of what you've mentioned is hardly cheating but anyhow. My comments:
- Morley getting off for nothing that time was a load of bollocks, I agree. It mostly has to do with the whinging from Stuart... it obviously worked, so i can't bag him for it.
- Stuart being origin coach... well he's surely proved to have a decent track record and has shown himself to be a good coach. I don't see how this effects how well the roosters go? If anything it would detract from team's performances, with Stuart being absent for times during the Origin season.
and Cartwright being origin assistant coach... once again, who cares..
- I believe Cross should have gotten more than 6 weeks, however I'm not sure a player from a different club (wests, souths) would have gotten too much worse- if at all. Cross had a clean record which certainly helped him out.
- Stuart being a sook... well I sorta mentioned this before... It annoys me how he complains about so much, but its not really cheating.
- The salary cap stuff you mentioned - surely all this is all on board. The salary cap's would be under a close watch, especially after the whole doggies thing.. unless they did end up getting those concessions for living in the eastern suburbs.. which would really shit me, but anyway i'm not really fully informed on the topic.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Bookie said:
- Finch being a sook
- Stuart being a sook
I'll admit I hate the Roosters, but none of those can be classified as cheating.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Bookie said:
- Their $10 million salarycap [the ability to sign Anasta (700k a year) and likely Harrison (230k a year)], while still maintaining $200k+ players such as Mini, Roberts, Cross, Flannery, Finch, Morley, Cayless, Wing, Fitz, and other overrated shits that no one but cocksucking cock supporters can remember
ill only indulge you in one of your shitstirring points.
  • neither anasta nor harrison has been signed as of yet.
  • the fact that you can remember all those name says something
  • if they are all overrated than nothing has been gained has it? its more of a loss than a win situation
  • i know they are exaggerations to make your point, but lets see some factual evidence about the wage figures shall we? i can just as well point the finger at any number of clubs who has "a 10 million salary cap"
  • cayless is going next year. just for your information, since the roosters won the premiership, these (consistent) 1st grade players have left:
    • bryan fletcher,
    • brett mullins,
    • andrew lomu,
    • david kidwell,
    • shannon hegarty,
    • justin hodges,
    • dean widders,
    • luke phillips,
    • simon bonetti,
    • brad fittler,
    • peter cusacks,
    • chad robinson,
    • todd payten,
    • todd byrne.
    next year, these 1st graders will also be leaving:
    • Luke ricketson,
    • michael crocker,
    • chris walker (well he used to make the 1st grade team :D) ,
    • jason cayless
    Firman who was only signed this year has also left for Nth Queensland... we are hardly keeping all our players are we...

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
- Morley getting off for nothing (after that high tackle earlier this year)
Well in that game [Bulldogs vs Roosters, Round6- i was there], it was a case of Morley being sent off for careless high tackle that was made to look worse when apparently Utai just laid there after the tackle. However, he did get up after morley was sent off and played 'surprisngly' well again, suggesting he probably faked it? But the point is, because Moz was sent off- and it was seen as a bad decision by Paul Simpkins [even he admitted it and other refs/wayne bennett] and they took this into consideration at the Judiciary. The NRL reveiwee committee found that sending him off was sufficient punishment, thus he didnt not get anything. So therefore, roosters did NOT cheat, get your facts straight.

Bookie said:
Well, many people have been quoting the fact that Sticky is perhaps one of the best coaches around atm. There is nothing illegitimate about Phil Gould passing on the coaching to Sticky who was assistant coach last year- Gus wouldnt have done it if he didnt think Sticky was up for it. In addition, Sticky has built a reputation for rehabilitating recalcitrants and has proven himself to be very motivational and consistent- all the blues players love him, even Anasta is considering goin to roosters after he was smitten by Sticky's coaching. And Blues did win, so that must be saying something. Also, saying that Stuart and Cartwright being part of the origin coaching team has nothing to do with roosters cheating.

Bookie said:
- Finch being a sook
Since when did being a sook have anything to do with cheating huh? Hes not the only sook in NRL anyway. This isnt a valid reason for saying roosters are cheating..hmm how about u STFU.

Bookie said:
- Cross only getting six weeks for an eye gouge which a hard-working Souths or Tigers player would get 18 weeks
I do admit, 6weeks is not as much compared to what previous eye-gougers have gotten. However, Ryan cross has a clean record and that was taken into account. And if Roosters cheated, dnt u think he would of got the right to appeal against it. Oh, and of course ryan cross is hardworking, on what ground have u based that on to say he isnt?

Bookie said:
- Stuart being a sook
Same as before, wtf has this got to do with anything. He got fined for saying some things before about the refs- which means he didnt get away with it. So STFU.

Bookie said:
How did u add up to 10million? 700k plus a supposed 230k +etc....it doesnt add up dude. Get your frekin facts straight. If we did go over the salary cap- dnt u think the nrl would know by now?We have been fined this year, but for minor indesrections- and not for a large fine either, meaning we did not go over the salary cap by alot. We are NOT the only team who has breached salary caps, i suggest you go research more before you come to mere conclusions.

hmm, it appears YOU are the only one around here that doesnt know what you are going on about. You're the only cocksucking fucker around here. It makes me laugh seeing as you could only come up with things such as -
-Stuart being origin coach
- Finch being a sook
- Stuart being a sook
Pfft trying to make ur arguments seem full and valid. hmmm, i suggest one thing: STFU.

Last edited:

richz

wtf are u talking about.......... You are not very informed are u, i dont want anasta nor harrison at the roosters, i hope they wont sign them and no they havent signed them. I want them to use soward at 5/8th. Look, as skunk said a lot of first graders have gone......

HSC
ok, i'm sick of people calling the roosters CHEATS. stuart being a sook is not constituted as cheating.

richz

hes having a cry becuz his team prolly arent doing that well..

why dont u have a cry about the broncos?? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Ok, so they're not really cheats, but I got your attention. But the main point being made is they get so fucking many more concessions than other clubs. Morleys high hit would have earned anyone at least a week (send off is a precursor to what you about to receieve). And given Morley's track record, he would've gotten 3-4.

Having Stuart AND Cartwright as the origin coaches is a bit too biased towards the Rooters. I mean, they've done good things, but you'd rather give someone more experienced the job (I'm sure lots of NSW fans were cringing when they heard last year that Sticky got the job). Go Queensland (even though they played shite).

Even if Cross has no track record, and eye gouge is worth more than 6. Fuifui Moimoi (hilarioous name, I hate the Eels) got 6 for a simple high shot on Vagana or someone or the other. Re: Morley. Brett Finch has his dad help his team out too much.

Not gonna talk about the salary cap, because everyone knows you're over.

xrtzx my man, I'm a Sharks man (I'm not too confident about them beating Souths tomorow), but the Broncos haven't got anything to whinge about, even though they beat us last week, I'm happy that they won pretty fairly (the ref was shit, but it didnt have any effect on the outcome on the game).

richz

ok so hu has taken the roosters to the past 3 gfs??? Hu is gonna be the gold coast's coach? How old is Sticky??? They think he has a lot of potential and can coach them for many years..... thats why they chose him...

I was talking about the salary cap abt the broncos not their whingin.... And also about Morley's tackle, hu said it was "a playful slap" even the opposition coach said it, what does that prove??

HotShot

-_-
HSC
its ok let the roosters they are struggling without fittler, ok i know they are bunch of losers but we have to be kind and a bit tolerance. Let them cheat!

HSC
All I can say is thank fucking god that hair (cayless) is leaving our team.. :)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
xrtzx said:
I was talking about the salary cap abt the broncos not their whingin
Yeah, but they don't exceed the salary cap, they all take pay cuts to stay there, which is what pisses me off like shit. The Sharks had a 330-340k offer for Berrigan, but apparently he resigned with the Bonks for something like around 200k. It's real shitty, but those guys actually play for their club and not totally for the money - Anasta you fucking overrated cat.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
"everyone knows the roosters are over the salary cap"... again, lets see some proof. so far the nrl has found nothing to suggest major salary cap breaches. and don't give me that rooster own the nrl crap, cuz if they do why dont your club: a) try to own it too... or b) go create your own little comp to own. theres alot more clubs in more shits than morley's car. "i know the roosters are over" isnt evidence and means jack all. ffs theres alot more evidence at melboune and mitsibishi bulldogs.

edit: whats wrong with staying for less money? is it immoral? also anasta is better than most of the 5/8 out there regardless of how he is rated

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
Ok, so they're not really cheats, but I got your attention.
If Roosters arent really cheats as you said, then what is the point of this thread. You're just an Attention-seeking whore.

Bookie said:
But the main point being made is they get so fucking many more concessions than other clubs. Morleys high hit would have earned anyone at least a week (send off is a precursor to what you about to receieve). And given Morley's track record, he would've gotten 3-4.
Well he had got 3 weeks-ban for a first grade knee-lifting charge when roosters played the eels which was worth 1 week. So he didnt exactly get a concession did he? Do u have any other examples apart from Morley and Cross cos it seems those are the only ones you are using to back up your points-its getting preety lame.

Bookie said:
Having Stuart AND Cartwright as the origin coaches is a bit too biased towards the Rooters. I mean, they've done good things, but you'd rather give someone more experienced the job (I'm sure lots of NSW fans were cringing when they heard last year that Sticky got the job). Go Queensland (even though they played shite).
More experienced such as who? Hmmm, well are NSW fans still cringing now that NSW have won the Origin series...no1 that i know of. And yes, QLD did play shit.

Bookie said:
Even if Cross has no track record, and eye gouge is worth more than 6. Fuifui Moimoi (hilarioous name, I hate the Eels) got 6 for a simple high shot on Vagana or someone or the other. Re: Morley. Brett Finch has his dad help his team out too much.
Since when did Robert Finch help the roosters out? Again, u need justifications for saying things like this.

Not gonna talk about the salary cap, because everyone knows you're over.
You mean people who "think" they know, but dnt have their facts straight? Assumptions, Assumptions.

Bookie said:
Yeah, but they don't exceed the salary cap, they all take pay cuts to stay there, which is what pisses me off like shit. The Sharks had a 330-340k offer for Berrigan, but apparently he resigned with the Bonks for something like around 200k. It's real shitty, but those guys actually play for their club and not totally for the money - Anasta you fucking overrated cat.
Anasta is not overrated for fucks sake. E.g SOO- he was just, brilliant. Oh and like constip8tedskunk said, what is wrong with playing for a club rather than the money. Its called loyalty mate- like SBW and the doggies. I dnt blame Berrigan neway, he probably didnt want to sign up with a shit club like sharks-

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I don't like the roosters a great deal either, but I don't think calling them cheats is really going to help Cronulla (let's face it, it may as well be Kimmorley on his own out there). Especially when all those claims are total bullshit. Only dipshits like Bookie would have cringed when Stuart was chosen as Origin coach. He's a damn good coach. And last, but not least, diss the eels again, and your dead, mate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)