• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How come the roosters are allowed to cheat? (2 Viewers)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
kimi said:
Generalisations won't get you anywhere mate. Not every singl Roosters fan bag out shit teams, we're not immoral. If Rabbitohs are in fact a shit team, than i wonder what that makes the Sharks who lost to them :D. .
I wonder what that makes the Rooters who lost to the Sharks. Double :D

kimi said:
We do NOT steal jnrs-> come on, give me some proof. All our jnrs are genuine Roosters-breed.
Stuff your juniors [ every team's juniors are usually a product of junior local clubs], look at your first grade squad - Easts juniors - the grand total of ONE. Luke Ricketson - and he even plays for Ireland, good on him. He'll be gone next year as well.

kimi said:
We are also NOT over the salary cap. Jeez, if we were- then we would be in trouble by now, right?
Give me some of that stuff you're smoking. The only reason you're not cited is because the NRL Salary cap auditor is Ian Schubert, also a board memeber of the Rorters.

kimi said:
Overrated is a stupid term to describe players that are over-exposed.
I.e. Roosters players

davo_

good kid
HSC
kimi said:
We do NOT steal jnrs-> come on, give me some proof. All our jnrs are genuine Roosters-breed. We are also NOT over the salary cap. Jeez, if we were- then we would be in trouble by now, right? And with so many players leaving, two players signed does not mean we're 1.5 million over the cap u idiot
Few of the Roosters first graders are Roosters bred, and few of the Roosters juniors come from the Roosters area. The Roosters let other clubs develop players and then poach them when they are primed. I feel sorry for clubs like the Eels who have such a strong jnrs base, but lose many of their players.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
Bookie said:
I wonder what that makes the Rooters who lost to the Sharks. Double :D

Stuff your juniors [ every team's juniors are usually a product of junior local clubs], look at your first grade squad - Easts juniors - the grand total of ONE. Luke Ricketson - and he even plays for Ireland, good on him. He'll be gone next year as well.

Give me some of that stuff you're smoking. The only reason you're not cited is because the NRL Salary cap auditor is Ian Schubert, also a board memeber of the Rorters.

I.e. Roosters players
Bookie your a legend! :D

davo_ said:
Few of the Roosters first graders are Roosters bred, and few of the Roosters juniors come from the Roosters area. The Roosters let other clubs develop players and then poach them when they are primed. I feel sorry for clubs like the Eels who have such a strong jnrs base, but lose many of their players.
yep so true :uhhuh: :D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Anasta has nothing left to achieve anyway, he's been there done it all. Should of went to union.

ledzeppelin

HSC
davo_ said:
Firstly on Roosters juniors, or lack thereof.
Easts' lack of juniors is due to a lack of junior clubs. They have the smallest junior area in the competiton. They only have the four clubs, in St. Charles, Bondi United, Clovelly Crocs and Paddington.
The lack of junior clubs is due to Souths stealing most of the Roosters clubs in the 1950s when the boundaries of each club were redrawn. Souths got all the clubs south of Alison Road, so now areas like Coogee and Randwick, which are clearly in the eastern suburbs, are now Souths juniors. The Roosters don't do too badly, considering this. They also have an excellent development program, when they bring in young players who are 17 and 18, and develop them into better players, e.g. Anthony Tupou. He came to the club from Newcastle at around 125kg, and now is a lot lighter, and a much better player.
If you go through the Roosters team, there is only a few players who you could claim are actually "poached" as established first graders from other clubs.

Minichiello - came to the Roosters as an SG Ball player
Roberts - "poached"
Soliola - signed with the Roosters after being spotted playing for a junior NZ rep team
Cross - Roosters junior through and through
Monaghan - "poached"
Soward - came to the Roosters after being treated like dirt at Canberra
Finch - "poached"
Cayless - signed as an Eels reserve grader
Wing - signed after Souths were kicked out of the comp
Morley - came to the Roosters looking for an opportunity to play in the NRL
Fitzgibbon - signed as a bench player at St. George
Crocker - came to the Roosters as a junior
Ricketson - Roosters junior through and through

Flannery - came to the Roosters as a junior
L'Estrange - came to the Roosters after being cut by Parramatta (Smith said he was too small to play NRL)
Tupou - came to the Roosters as a junior
Fa'aoso - came to the Roosters due to more opportunities for first grade

The only players you could say were poached as established players were Finch, Roberts and Monaghan.

------

The Eels are one of the worst offenders when it comes to signing players.
For this season alone, they bought Morrison, Stringer, Riddell, PJ Marsh, Tahu, Henderson and Robinson.
If you go through this week's team, only around 4 players are proper Eels juniors, and that's despite having an enormous juniors base.

------

For those saying Ian Schubert's in the Roosters' pocket, he also played for Wests and Manly, and coached at the Bulldogs.
Why don't you suggest he turns a blind eye to their goings-on?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
Firstly on Roosters juniors, or lack thereof.
Easts' lack of juniors is due to a lack of junior clubs. They have the smallest junior area in the competiton. They only have the four clubs, in St. Charles, Bondi United, Clovelly Crocs and Paddington.
The lack of junior clubs is due to Souths stealing most of the Roosters clubs in the 1950s when the boundaries of each club were redrawn. Souths got all the clubs south of Alison Road, so now areas like Coogee and Randwick, which are clearly in the eastern suburbs, are now Souths juniors.
Leave the comp then.

ledzeppelin said:
Minichiello - came to the Roosters as an SG Ball player
Still came from Green Valley, and he was gonna play SG for Magpies till you poached him. Poached him early, but poached him nonetheless.

ledzeppelin said:
Soliola - signed with the Roosters after being spotted playing for a junior NZ rep team
Just said it yourself.

ledzeppelin said:
Soward - came to the Roosters after being treated like dirt at Canberra
Not an Easts junior.

ledzeppelin said:
Cayless - signed as an Eels reserve grader
Not an Easts junior. Bloody Kiwi.

ledzeppelin said:
Wing - signed after Souths were kicked out of the comp
Signed him halfway through his first grade career - poached.

ledzeppelin said:
Morley - came to the Roosters looking for an opportunity to play in the NRL
Not an Easts junior.

ledzeppelin said:
Fitzgibbon - signed as a bench player at St. George
poached

ledzeppelin said:
Crocker - came to the Roosters as a junior
Bullshit - he plays for Queensland.

ledzeppelin said:
Flannery - came to the Roosters as a junior
Queenslander!

ledzeppelin said:
L'Estrange - came to the Roosters after being cut by Parramatta (Smith said he was too small to play NRL)
ledzeppelin said:
Tupou - came to the Roosters as a junior
Fa'aoso - came to the Roosters due to more opportunities for first grade
Poached

ledzeppelin said:
The only players you could say were poached as established players were Finch, Roberts and Monaghan. [/QUOTED]

Anyone who is not a junior, you poached. All bar Ricketson and Cross.

------

ledzeppelin said:
For this season alone, they bought Morrison, Stringer, Riddell, PJ Marsh, Tahu, Henderson and Robinson.
If you go through this week's team, only around 4 players are proper Eels juniors, and that's despite having an enormous juniors base.
I hate the Eels. Pieces of shit. But they play the game fairly unlike your mob.

------

ledzeppelin said:
For those saying Ian Schubert's in the Roosters' pocket, he also played for Wests and Manly, and coached at the Bulldogs.
Why don't you suggest he turns a blind eye to their goings-on?
Because he's no longer associated with those clubs. He's not gonna turn in the club which pays him his $300k a year [Rorters]

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
we have had to buy more players because other clubs have "poached" our juniors.

and bookies post just shows that roosters do buy their premierships, most (if not all) of thier players are "poached" from other junior clubs!

ledzeppelin

HSC
Bookie said:
Because he's no longer associated with those clubs. He's not gonna turn in the club which pays him his $300k a year [Rorters]
why would the roosters be paying him 300k a year?

ledzeppelin

HSC
Bookie said:
Leave the comp then.

Still came from Green Valley, and he was gonna play SG for Magpies till you poached him. Poached him early, but poached him nonetheless.

Just said it yourself.

Not an Easts junior.

Not an Easts junior. Bloody Kiwi.

Signed him halfway through his first grade career - poached.

Not an Easts junior.

poached

Bullshit - he plays for Queensland.

Queenslander!

Poached

I hate the Eels. Pieces of shit. But they play the game fairly unlike your mob.

------

FFS!!!
I never said the Roosters had loads of juniors
I offered reasons as to why they didn't, and showed how they develop a lot of the youngsters that they do sign from elsewhere.
No club in this day and age can survive solely on local juniors, except perhaps brisbane and st george

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
didnt the roosters lose like a whole heap of players this year?

"Frustrated at being questioned about their salary cap, the Roosters have been forced to let go of Jason Cayless, Brett Firman, Michael Crocker, Stuart Webb, Chris Walker, Ned Catic and Luke Ricketson this year to sign Anasta and Harrison."

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1264&storyid=3435183

so i highly doubt they're over the salary cap.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
FFS!!!
I never said the Roosters had loads of juniors
I offered reasons as to why they didn't, and showed how they develop a lot of the youngsters that they do sign from elsewhere.
No club in this day and age can survive solely on local juniors, except perhaps brisbane and st george
Yeah, you admitted that youdidnt have many juniors. Stop there.

We dont want to hear your Rick Stuart like whinging. We get it. You have no juniors, so you exceed the salary cap to win a premiership.

By the way, the Knights are peobably the most junior reliable club.

ledzeppelin

HSC
Bookie said:
You have no juniors, so you exceed the salary cap to win a premiership.
get on the phone to schubert if you have proof we are cheating the cap
i could say cronulla are cheating the cap
it doesn't make it any more true

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
ledzeppelin said:
get on the phone to schubert if you have proof we are cheating the cap
i could say cronulla are cheating the cap
it doesn't make it any more true
That because his views have no validity. I dnt think it's gotten into his thick head- THERE IS NO PROOF WAT-SO-EVER TO SUGGEST THE ROOSTERS ARE OVER THE SALARY CAP. With so many players leaving this year, it will definitely amount to a large portion of the salary cap to be free. So far, we have only signed two people. And even with that and re-signing current people, it does not mean we are exceeding the salary cap. So get it in your head, that saying the "roosters are over the salary cap" does not act as a valid argument in saying we are cheaters. Its just pathetic.

bookie said:
Take me on - post the realistic salaries of the Cronulla Top 25. Go on.
Bookie, why cant you do your own research. You're the sharks supporter. Realistic? I have no idea what you mean realistic, your idea of realistic is making it up to suit your argument.

lol, bazookajoe...:D He cant, if he could- he would of posted them by now- instead of making accusations about the Roosters without no support.

davo_

good kid
HSC
I'm pretty sure someone has already gone through realistic roosters wages, maybe scrollback a few pages, or maybe even in another thread: nonetheless i'm sure I've seen it somewhere in this forum.

I am not doubting Roosters player development skills, and just because the players weren't established does not mean they weren't poached. In fact generally the players the Roosters have poached are those who probably haven't had so much exposure, but have great potential. And don't try and say they wouldn't have met this potential if they hadn't gone to the Roosters, cos you know its bullshit. Clearly players such as Flannery and Crocker aren't Roosters juniors through and through, otherwise they'd be playing for NSW now wouldn't they? I'm pretty sure Bookie's already gone through most of this though so I won't bore you...

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Yeah, Davo, already gone through the wages and showed that they dont have juniors. But I'm gonna put up the salaries of the top 25 players from the Roots and the Shaqs. Maybea bit later tonight, but by Midday tomrow for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)