How come there are no "white" clubs/organisations at uni? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thommy

HSC
N/A
I don't understand, there are Asian clubs at uni, like the Asian Christian club. I don't see a white Christian club. Why the double standard? Is discrimination against whites okay, but not okay against asians?

sikhman

HSC
N/A
White people haven't systematically oppressed other ethnic groups over the course of the past few centuries. Also probably because groups which are minorities tend to form those groups.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
I tink the idea behind societies are to bring together minorities at uni, thus the reason behind the plentiful amounts of asian societies....umm

thommy

HSC
N/A
White people haven't systematically oppressed other ethnic groups over the course of the past few centuries. Also probably because groups which are minorities tend to form those groups.
That's whites of the past, not present.

And you think asians are a minority at Macquarie uni?! Are you kidding me?

thommy

HSC
N/A
dude, we have 100s of Christian societies and white isn't a nationality.
No, it is a race, as is asian. I never said it was a nationality. Asian is not a nationality either.

And is one of those 100s of Christian societies specifically "White Christians"? If so, then I apologise, if not, I stand by what I said.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
No, it is a race, as is asian. I never said it was a nationality. Asian is not a nationality either.

And is one of those 100s of Christian societies specifically "White Christians"? If so, then I apologise, if not, I stand by what I said.
so you mean Anglo-Saxon then?

because asians are really a minority at uni lol
lol

Ben.Civiletti

HSC
your going to fit right in at mac Thommy. Attend an accounting 101 lecture and you'll reaffirm your need for a white only club in a jiffy.

HSC
N/A
What kind of vile bigotry are you pushing here?
'Whites-only', your a thug and a clown.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
I don't understand, there are Asian clubs at uni, like the Asian Christian club. I don't see a white Christian club. Why the double standard? Is discrimination against whites okay, but not okay against asians?
Are you sure it's the "Asian" Christian club? I think you mean the Macquarie Chinese Christian Fellowship. In that case, it's not racist because it pertains only to a certain ethnic group. A Chinese club makes perfect sense because they might address the meeting in only Chinese as some members are not confident in english. Even the name is misleading as membership could be extended to Chinese speakers of a non Chinese background.

Ben.Civiletti

HSC
thommy in the next 20 years Sydney will have a new supreme majority - Chinese and Currys. When that happens you may then create a Whites only club at uni. Till then keep your mouth shut and go with the flow.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Are you sure it's the "Asian" Christian club? I think you mean the Macquarie Chinese Christian Fellowship. In that case, it's not racist because it pertains only to a certain ethnic group. A Chinese club makes perfect sense because they might address the meeting in only Chinese as some members are not confident in english. Even the name is misleading as membership could be extended to Chinese speakers of a non Chinese background.
this is australia...they should learn english...and it is exclusive to chinese...therefore it is racist...as an all "australian" club would be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)