How detailed are your notes? (1 Viewer)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
-may-cat- said:
I think there have been studies on this that prove handwriting notes helps store them in your long term memory better...
handwriting works better for me definitely

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^I see. I find it difficult to abide by that though.

I feel the constant need to utilise my computer for note-taking. Each to their own I guess.

dp624

HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
handwriting works better for me definitely
Lol i handwrite none of my notes.
If i do exercises yea i handwrite them... But that's cos Im a slow typer

xMrRand0m

HSC
I tend to handwrite mine, like Timothy Siu does. This is because I don't get easily distracted; as I would if I typed it up.

E

Empyrean444

-may-cat- said:
I think there have been studies on this that prove handwriting notes helps store them in your long term memory better...
It would only be marginally better. Besides, note taking is an ineffective way of remembering things (though it is better than simply reading from the textbook etc).

I can see that all of you here are going to have to read through a magnum opus when it comes to your HSC revision.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Empyrean444 said:
It would only be marginally better. Besides, note taking is an ineffective way of remembering things (though it is better than simply reading from the textbook etc).

I can see that all of you here are going to have to read through a magnum opus when it comes to your HSC revision.
I honestly believe its effectiveness depends on your learning style, note taking is very effective for me, however not so for others

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Empyrean444 said:

I am curious as to what your study method is. Do you make a speech on your notes and do the speech on it? :wave:

Last edited:

hsc100

HSC
Yeah it really depends on the subject .For example i write more notes for bio than i do for legal.My notes for legal are only about 12 pages written (my handwritings real small) and 20 pages for bio.

xMrRand0m

HSC
hsc100 said:
Yeah it really depends on the subject .For example i write more notes for bio than i do for legal.My notes for legal are only about 12 pages written (my handwritings real small) and 20 pages for bio.
12 pages with small handwriting for legal?! Is that only for one topic? Because I've only got 4 pages, and that's for the first topic, 'law and justice'.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
xMrRand0m said:
12 pages with small handwriting for legal?! Is that only for one topic? Because I've only got 4 pages, and that's for the first topic, 'law and justice'.
LOL, that's a huge difference.

But the amount of notes doesn't really determine the quality of it anyway.

How long is that topic by the way?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
LOL, that's a huge difference.

But the amount of notes doesn't really determine the quality of it anyway.

How long is that topic by the way?
eh, law and justice is pretty much all of year 11 summarized, its easy shit, you don't need a lot of notes for it

xMrRand0m

HSC
Franman said:
Law and Justice is one of the two topics in the 'module' Law and Society, so it's very small.
Ahh, so 4 pages sounds about right then. If that's so, where did hsc100 get her 12 pages from?!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
xMrRand0m said:
Ahh, so 4 pages sounds about right then. If that's so, where did hsc100 get her 12 pages from?!
excessive elaboration maybe

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
for bio module one i have 39 pages with 6124 words but i'm a visual learner so i have diagrams one almost every page (4 pages don't have diagrams) and the diagrams have words all around them

luvtop

HSC
For Ancient history i have written on a 96 page book...
it's a summary note for the core study

For maths 5 46 page excersise books on different chapters
and for engish 64 excersise book on simple gift

thats all so far

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
luvtop said:
For Ancient history i have written on a 96 page book...
it's a summary note for the core study

For maths 5 46 page excersise books on different chapters
and for engish 64 excersise book on simple gift

thats all so far
wow thats quite a lot for maths

xMrRand0m

HSC
marcquelle said:
for bio module one i have 39 pages with 6124 words but i'm a visual learner so i have diagrams one almost every page (4 pages don't have diagrams) and the diagrams have words all around them
Yeah, diagrams work for science subjects, but for humanities; like legal studies, it's kind of hard to integrate diagrams into your notes.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
I don't have a clue on how to make notes. I just summarise the entire text book. Lol, I got ~60 pages of notes for one subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)