• Total voters

Kd14

HSC
Hopefully I could get 90+ or even 100+.

Question 10 was o_O.

lima_india_zulu

HSC
no way hozay

i h8ed it, too long, all crap, i felt like a dumbass just wen i thort i was gettin on top of all the work

myrna

HSC
i dont care about maths

maths is the subject i dont care about...

i have 12 units and do well in all my subjects so what ever i get in maths is great.... i dont really study for it....

but the exam wld have been ok if i knew my rules... but i cld do qs 10 and parts of 9 cldnt get out 8... 7 was great...

1 was my fav...

but anyways who cares whats done is done... in the end there is always a way 2 ur goal... thats what full fee uni is all about...

cashmate69

HSC
i studied my ass off for maths fucken i failed my trials and wanted 2 get a decent mark band 4 but i badly fucked it up
at reading time i thought to myself this is going to be easy..... then i start doing it and BAM 1b. then a couple more qs i couldnt do OMFG from there my morale dropped at around q6-7 i just didnt give a fuck
FUCK BOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iluvnathen

HSC
That exam was fucked.

I studied really hard and was soooo relaxed going into it (I was kind of excited really- I know its sad). My teacher came in half way thru 2 get a paper and wen she opened it to the last page she thought she had picked up an extension 2 paper. Its really disappointing because i've done all the past HSc papers and averaged at 80-85% and I'll be lucky if my raw mark is over 50%

Goodbye uni........

mai

HSC
roffflll im a 3u student and i found this test hard. lol i usally get aorund 95%ish in 2u.. omfg.. this killed me.. haha under 100 for sureee. haha i think someone in our grade put up their hand and was likeee 'is this 2u.' 'yes, it says mathematics' 'BULLSHIT. this is 3u" hahaha..

dw..scaling should help, right??

iluvnathen

HSC
Thank God for scaling. Is it true that no matter what mark you get, if you come first no one rankd lower can have a higher mark after scaling and so on? I hope thats the case.

Cananyone tell mehow u do that triangle question- the one where there was all the right angles in it and one side was 6 etc etc

mystake

HSC
I do 3u as well and i found the test pretty good up until half way through Q9 but Q8 took me ages. Even if u were able to solve Q10 (not that i've talked to anyone who could) how the hell were u supposed to have enough time for it???? But the way i see it if everyone has found it pretty challenging then the marks will all be relative anyway

SarahJZ

HSC
That exam was so freaking stupid...

They skipped the entire exponential growth and decay and hardly any locus...and then shoved in not only superannuation but time repayments as well...how fair was that!?

I hated q9...SHOCKING!!

Throughout the whole exam I had this strange idea that we finished at 12...so I was rushing like a maniac...

Oh well...I fudged a good part of it...thank goodness for follow through marks...

princess_jess

That was 1 hard exam! i was feeling pretty confident until i sat the maths paper! oh well it wont count for me anyway, ill be happy to get 50%. Even the people that are top in maths at our school said it was hard. And i agree, it was way harder than all the past papers ive been doing. By q10, i had no idea!!

lala2

Banned
HSC
It was quite challenging towards the end, and I hope I didn't lose any more marks from careless mistakes (which definitely will happen, since I'm so careless!), but I'm hoping for a band 6. So though I'm putting the 90+ option, I definitely didn't think it was a piece of cake and am not laughing either. 2004 was way easier than this (I did it the night before).

One of the 3U Maths teachers came up at the end and said that BOS was trying to make a point about merging everything into one: graphs, numbers, algebra and everything in q10, and so you'er more than halfway there if you work out HOW to do the question....grrr....Oh well, time to gear up for 3U!

Last edited:

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
that was one of the longest maths exams i have sat for. i have only ever taken more than 2 3/4hrs on 2 exams: this one was the second one. i kinda finished half a minute before time, if you forget that i didnt attempt the last part of q10 (i actually got the first section of that right! w00t) and part iii and iv of the section before it. hopefully scaling pushes me into the 90's....

HSC
Man I was so stressed the night before and the morning of the exam. I think it screwed me over because I caught myself making stupid mistakes like positives turning into negatives and simple things like drawing a damn graph (Things I usually LAUGH at) caught me offguard. All that time wasted -.- But I got back on track so that's was alright.

I couldn't do most of 8 and half of 10. -.- I found 9 easier than I expected so I did it *shrugs

But everyone's saying it was the hardest question in the paper, so maybe I uh... did something wrong? bleh. doesn't matter now. maths is over. OVER mwahaha

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
yeah i personally think q8 was more of a challenge than q9 (except i had almost forgotten how to prove similar trianges :D)

stu_jacks88

If you had intelligently selected your Uni courses in your UAC application, uni should not be goodbye. If you didnt your an idi0t.

Your application should be as follows:

3 - high UAI courses which you really want to do

3 - attainable UAI courses which you would still like to do

3 - back up courses (UAI from 65.00-80.00) that you wouldnt mind doing if it meant that you could still go to uni.

Stop crying because of a hard exam, overall the exams have been ok this year, get over it.

Last edited:
HSC
I seriously went stuck with the wacky questions in Q 6- 8, and with the time spent on thinking I ran outta time for q10, which I couldn't work out...

Partially panicking from the stress the night before, procrastination.....:S lucky to get raw mark 50%....:S...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)