How did everyone go? (1 Viewer)

*Drama-Queen*

HSC
Question 7 i found really hard to do with the plays we had...

hmph! *crosses arms looks grumpy*

electrik1991

HSC
Contemp theatre and tragedy were pretty much the same question, just redirected.
schweet

geeksneedlove

HSC
Yeah, did Australia Contemporary Theatre and Approaches to Acting, totally kicked asssss!

treehat

HSC
Haha, I hope I did very well despite my one hour of study.. The questions for aus and tragedy were soo broad, it almost annoyed me cos then you can just write anything and that makes my thinking go all over the place. However.. I think I wrote clever points and examples, and I wrote enough pages haha woo! I aim for 38 .

JamesTockuss

HSC
It was a joke - totally not about anything thats in the syllabus! And the other questions for the other topics looked so much more generic!

Lucy111

HSC
American drama was appauling haha For the last six year it has been on expressionism & symbolism... and now character! ahhh
Australian drama was perfect :)
Wooooo all done now!

Mithead

HSC
Are you kidding?
The Brecht question was pretty much "Brecht is didactic to make the audience see people and politics. Discuss." Just re-worded. It was not the hardest part of the syllabus at all, it was simply a techniques question.

I thought it, and Contemporary Australian were both very kind questions.

Lucy111

HSC
Australian drama was soooo much better for contemporary rather than traditional ahhh

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Did Tradional Aus and Brecht. Loved the look of the Irish theatre one though. "Irish theatre insults the irish". lol

Both questions were alright. I couldn't word my Aus one as well as would have liked to. Got better by the end of the essay though. Brecht was straightfoward, as long as you new his political context. If you hadn't studied that then you were screwed.

pinkyforce7

HSC
yeah i thought the Brecht question was ok. i hadnt done any in depth study about the individual characters political context though, so i had to just use my basic understanding. just bassically outlined epic acting and staging techniques and how it shows the individual characters playing roles to convey capitalism and bourgois society. got about 6 pages down.

the austrailan one wasnt too bad, however it zoned me out and i just couldnt word my ideas right and ended up having to rush it cause i did it second and was running out of time. in my answer i did a two page paragraph on grief for fuck sakes lol. aw well its all over.

i reackon for both of them i got band 4's or 5's, maybe if im lucky a band 6.

how much did people write?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
shows the individual characters playing roles to convey capitalism and bourgois society
But you did make sure to reference that Brecht was 'anti' these things right?

As for number of pages, I did 6.5 for each question. Smaller to mid sized writing.

pinkyforce7

HSC
Absolutezero said:
But you did make sure to reference that Brecht was 'anti' these things right?
um now that i think about it i didnt actually specifically mention that he was against these things. ussually said stuff like 'represents the negative effect of capitalism on society' or 'brechts veiw of bourgois society as criminals' kind of thing, so i hope i didn't over analyse my ideas the point of forgetting to mention the bare basics lol.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
That'd be fine. You've given his perspective on it, which shows that he was against it.

Mithead

HSC
The question was less focussed on what he said though, and more about how he made the audiences see it. So like epic staging etc etc...
Like obviously you had to mention which particular political contexts are relevant, but it was mainly HOW he did it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)