How did everyone go? (1 Viewer)

jacksongross

HSC
i actually found it quite okay. if you did dss as one of your option topics, anyone else agree the part about GIS was absolutely the shittest part of the paper?

RawrJohnT

HSC
I went into the test without even one minute of study, as I was expecting IPT not to count towards my ATAR as I am better in all my other subjects... and I feel like I did really well regardless of this - Around 70-80%?

Feels bad man... I could've gotten a higher mark...

friend177

HSC
i actually found it quite okay. if you did dss as one of your option topics, anyone else agree the part about GIS was absolutely the shittest part of the paper?
What did you think of multiple choice?

friend177

HSC
I went into the test without even one minute of study, as I was expecting IPT not to count towards my ATAR as I am better in all my other subjects... and I feel like I did really well regardless of this - Around 70-80%?

Feels bad man... I could've gotten a higher mark...
I ran out of time cause I wrote to much lol

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah GIS was so shit. So much in that paper I wasn't prepared for. Regardless, alot of the extended answers you can bullshit, including the 'discuss the issues' questions.

jacksongross

HSC
What did you think of multiple choice?
it was alright i suppose..very different from previous years ill admit. some of the questions were VERY easy while others were much harder to answer, mainly on things that dont really matter such as the bandwidth of blutooth lol

Clarky13

HSC
It was alright. The only one are really screwed up was on Question 23 or 24 there was a question about designing a database view or something. I had no idea what that was about so I skipped it and come back to it 1 minute before the exam ended, and just draw 2 tables with random headings. I still have no idea what I did.

jacksongross

HSC
Yeah GIS was so shit. So much in that paper I wasn't prepared for. Regardless, alot of the extended answers you can bullshit, including the 'discuss the issues' questions.
+1.

i barely finished, i wrote soo much its ridiculous.

jacksongross

HSC
It was alright. The only one are really screwed up was on Question 23 or 24 there was a question about designing a database view or something. I had no idea what that was about so I skipped it and come back to it 1 minute before the exam ended, and just draw 2 tables with random headings. I still have no idea what I did.
lol. was a crappy question ill admit

friend177

HSC
Any idea on raw mark for b6 cut off? Like what was last year..

RawrJohnT

HSC
Anyway, what did you guys write for the Social and Ethical issues involved with the Licence plate cameras? I got a little stuck on that one..

jacksongross

HSC
Anyway, what did you guys write for the Social and Ethical issues involved with the Licence plate cameras? I got a little stuck on that one..
i dont remember very much, but i wrote about privacy and freedom of information about the data that the cameras would be collecting etc..i wrote a lot lol

nano2e

HSC
That was much harder than I expected. I had no idea what to do for the database view question and the Automated Manufacturing Systems question where you had to draw the block diagram was so obscure!! Hoping for at least 85%+...

Proteus

HSC
Much harder than expected

Did independent trials this year, had almost an hour left.

Today, I needed to work till the end... almost ran out of time.

Multiple choice questions, some were BS. Obscure and weren't clear.

Very different to the past few years..

I hope I can still achieve the ATAR I want..

friend177

HSC
I screwed up multiple choice lol, the rest I just spam the page with information..oh well, hopefully maths will save me.

friend177

HSC
Much harder than expected

Did independent trials this year, had almost an hour left.

Today, I needed to work till the end... almost ran out of time.

Multiple choice questions, some were BS. Obscure and weren't clear.

Very different to the past few years..

I hope I can still achieve the ATAR I want..
I finish my yearly with an hour to go, now I finish in time, and I did like shot loads of practice on multiple choice and always fullmark, this years was screwed. I forgot how to draw a decision tree, and I looked at one 5 minutes before walking in Fml..

Premium Member
HSC
With any luck this year's IPT mark will scale better than previous years. General consensus seems to be it was more difficult then anticipated.

aundii

HSC
Most challenging of any IPT exam I've ever seen (past papers, past trials, the lot). Hoping for 85%+, but not expecting it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)