• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How did u Apply for u Job? (1 Viewer)

For those with a job, how did u apply for it?

• Internet (please post and specify site)

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Resume + Cover letter

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Resume only

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Letter only

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Just asked within and got it straight away

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
saw an ad in local paper... and applied on the net (www.bigw.com.au :p).... i suggest NOT working for them though :) unless u get a good store....with good managers :)

jang

is not my real name
HSC
_muse_ said:
saw an ad in local paper... and applied on the net (www.bigw.com.au :p).... i suggest NOT working for them though :) unless u get a good store....with good managers :)
how come? wats wrong with the place?

also, can some1 tell me the application procedure at ColesMYer?
all i kno so far is
1)apply online
2)do a weird test online
3)do a group interview
so wats after that?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if you pass the group interview they will either give you to a store right away or put you on hold.

eventually, after some time, after you ring them and get pissed off at the incompetence they will refer you to a store. you have an interview with the manager of the store.

the manager then has to get back to you to tell you if you have the job, this might consist of him/her never ringing so you keep ringing to check.

if you pass that they will send you an online induction. you go through some activities online. you learn safety stuff etc.
some stores still have the instore induction. you go and learn more stuff about the store instore.

then you have to be called to start work / training. this might also consist of you nagging and ringing to get some shifts. finally you might be added to the roster. or you might have to nag some more before you get added to the roster. when you're on the roster, if you work well, you should get at least 1 shift a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)