How did you go in your Economics half-yearly? (1 Viewer)

williamc

HSC
I did mine today expecting around 88-95%.

MC: 16-18/20
Short Answer: 36-39/40
One extented response: 18-19/20

mzduxx2006

HSC
Re: How did you go in your half-yearly?

williamc said:
I did mine today expecting around 88-95%.

MC: 16-18/20
Short Answer: 36-39/40
One extented response: 18-19/20
well i just sat my english paper 1 and 2 a few days ago. i wrote so much. the first paper i wrote 5 writing booklets. thats like 25 pages. and the second paper i wrote 2 booklets a total of 11 pages, *but that was for just one question because our school hasnt yet covered the other module*. hopefully i done well.

williamc

HSC
Re: How did you go in your half-yearly?

mzduxx2006 said:
well i just sat my english paper 1 and 2 a few days ago. i wrote so much. the first paper i wrote 5 writing booklets. thats like 25 pages. and the second paper i wrote 2 booklets a total of 11 pages, *but that was for just one question because our school hasnt yet covered the other module*. hopefully i done well.
Remember it isn't just quality that is the key too high marks, quality+ quanitity = highest marks. My economics teacher who is a hsc marker said he has handed out full marks with people who have written a booklet of quality (8 pages). I wrote 7 a4 notepad pages in my extended reposnse, which would equal about 11 pages in a hsc booklet i would guess?

hunter1

Evolution is a mystery
HSC
My ecos teacher was a HSC marker and he said he has saw a 13 page essay.. What were the question like??

HSC
havent got it back yet, but looking at a shit mark, which is typical for me in eco.

so far

15/20 in multiple choice
??/40 short answer questions
??/20 essay

damn eco.. worst subject for me:mad1:

SamTheMacMan

HSC
16/20 In Multiple Choice
30/40 In short Answers
15/20 In One Extended Response
15/20 In The Other Extended Response
I'm Happy!

herbie0822

HSC
well my Economics half yearly is on monday, so wish me luck! but I think I might accept the immenent failure, shall I?! lol oh well

williamc

HSC
The half yearly is so easy, you only need to know half the course, and there is like no formula's needed.. Make sure you can work out the government revenue earnt from a tarriff, work out different components of the BOP, and effects of appreciation/depreciation fo the dollar (if you did topics 1 and 2).

herbie0822

HSC
williamc said:
The half yearly is so easy, you only need to know half the course, and there is like no formula's needed..
We actually have to know how to work out the multiplier, and in order to be able to work that out, MPC and MPS is also needed; and I think we need to know APS and APC as well.
My exam is on monday arvo.... what did everyone whose done their half yearly get for the extended response/ essay question? I think mine is going to be Economic Growth...

williamc

HSC
herbie0822 said:
We actually have to know how to work out the multiplier, and in order to be able to work that out, MPC and MPS is also needed; and I think we need to know APS and APC as well.
My exam is on monday arvo.... what did everyone whose done their half yearly get for the extended response/ essay question? I think mine is going to be Economic Growth...
Workign out the mulitplier, MPC and MPS is chapter 7 (economic growth). Chapter 7 is topic 3, Economic issues. I would assume half yearly means being tested on half the course...

Elia

HSC
I failed, i just know it. I forgot to put a graph in =( !! Argh!

williamc

HSC
Elia said:
I failed, i just know it. I forgot to put a graph in =( !! Argh!

I assume your talking about the extended response, i doubt you would fail because you didn't use a graph.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i went in thinking i would fail. i really wasn't prepared.

wasn't quite that bad - which is a relief.

but wasn't good either.

maivo

HSC
omg i studied so hard, although i have to say i crammed it a bit
i'm pretty sure i failed

>the-1-n-only-me -> i usually do bad in eco too :(

i do not like economics :(

HSC
maivo said:
omg i studied so hard, although i have to say i crammed it a bit
i'm pretty sure i failed

>the-1-n-only-me -> i usually do bad in eco too :(

i do not like economics :(

glad to know im not alone.:)

redom

HSC
i did mine a couple weeks ago, thought it was quite easy.
i got 18/20 in mc...made a couple uncanny errors! still kinda upset abt one of them...seems like i forgot how to add!
ahh 39/40 in sa, teacher cut me a mark for handwriting...damn him!

and 20/20 for the essay..it was on protection and int organisations...got kinda lucky it was exactly outa the sylabuss and similar to a prepared essay id written the night before.

overal i did ok...and i learnt something for my hsc! use a damn calculator!! even if its adding 15+20+20....lol

HSC
redom said:
i did mine a couple weeks ago, thought it was quite easy.
i got 18/20 in mc...made a couple uncanny errors! still kinda upset abt one of them...seems like i forgot how to add!
ahh 39/40 in sa, teacher cut me a mark for handwriting...damn him!

and 20/20 for the essay..it was on protection and int organisations...got kinda lucky it was exactly outa the sylabuss and similar to a prepared essay id written the night before.

overal i did ok...and i learnt something for my hsc! use a damn calculator!! even if its adding 15+20+20....lol
lmao, shame redom, u do 4u maths! o well -_-

suveerverma

HSC
williamc said:
Outline ways in reducing protection and anyalse its impacts on the domestic and global economy. (or along those lines)
Was that the extended response question you got in your half yearly?

williamc

HSC
suveerverma said:
Was that the extended response question you got in your half yearly?
Something along those lines, i can't remember it exactly was over 2 weeks ago jeez. And if your thinking yes it was a very broad question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)