How did you go in your Economics half-yearly? (1 Viewer)

bmwz4

HSC
i got 87% >< was expecting in the 90s...i bet you guys did not fail stop doubting yourselves..economics isnt that bad lol

Platinum

HSC
Got 90% which was the top mark. Relatively happy considering next highest mark was 81%.

Dave2007

HSC
Wow am I the only person with half yearlies in term two?

Mines not til the 11th May... Plenty of time before I need to start studying.

Any leet tips for someone who NEEDS to get 90, to make up for an 18/30 in the last assessment :(

-pari-

HSC
N/A
Dave:

- practice short answer questions - give em in to your teacher to mark, learn from the feedback you get

- get some essay structures ready

and dont cram. its stressfull and un-nice.

oh and gud luck ;)

bmwz4

HSC
2 marks off getting 90% :burn: i want those 2 marks!!!

williamc

HSC
Sorta stuffed my exam: was expecting early 90's...

69/80 ranked 3/15 (dropped a spot.)

15/20 MC (BAD)
34/40 SA (average)
20/20 Extended response (yay)

Last edited:

ipod21

HSC
When you guys studied for this, what do you guys mean by proper study and then cramming?

proper study for me is the weekend before and cramming is the night before and during the day.

i went pretty good :) we got our marks back, but not the paper yet. ill edit when i know what marks for each section.

williamc

HSC
ipod21 said:
When you guys studied for this, what do you guys mean by proper study and then cramming?

proper study for me is the weekend before and cramming is the night before and during the day.

i went pretty good :) we got our marks back, but not the paper yet. ill edit when i know what marks for each section.
Printed off resources (off bos lol) the weekend before and highlighted, maybe read them twice. Then night before read them once, did a few prac. questions online, then skimmed the textbook for 30 minutes. Although, economics comes pretty easy to me...

redom

HSC
i did my notes preety early, and had like a week to just read over them. the night before half memorised an essay, and did a few essay structures which helped during the exam. and in the week i did random short answer questions from wherever i could find them!
tip to get 90 for dave- start early, 11th of May isnt that far away! and it may spring up on u! good luck!

williamc

HSC
You must have been extremely lucky in memorising an essay. Like they could ask you a question or two on each dot point.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i did better than i expected considering the amount i paniced beforehand...

yaaayyyyyyyy :)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^Re: williamc

rank: 1st in my class which would be at least around top 3 in the grade..

marks: i tend not to worry about marks so long as my ranks are okay :)

williamc

HSC
-pari- said:
^Re: williamc

rank: 1st in my class which would be at least around top 3 in the grade..

marks: i tend not to worry about marks so long as my ranks are okay :)

Fair enough, i only posted my mark/care about it because my teacher pulled all the questions from past HSC exams and CSSA trials. It sorta shows where i am at.

redom

HSC
williamc said:
You must have been extremely lucky in memorising an essay. Like they could ask you a question or two on each dot point.
yeah memorising essays are like that. in my eco exam the essay i half heartedly memorised the night before was similar but different from the exact question. I guess if your flexible and know your other work, it just flows better and saves time panicking about what to write next. The question in the exam had something about trade agreements and international organisations whilst the one i prepared was only on trade agreements, but it was preety easy to work my way around. if you got time to do it, id recommend it if u can! although it is a hassle!

williamc

HSC
magpam said:
ahahaha we had multiple choice so if i didn't know the answer i would be like einee-meinee-miinee-moe. i probably failed but meh ill get back into the game ... next assessment

Yer i was a bit liek that, one answer is just like way off, another if a tricky sort off one but def. wrong when you think about it, and the last two are both right(most of the time), but one of them is "more right" or so my teacher says. So i sorta just guessed between those two correct answers most of time. I guess it reflects my poor result in MC

Emster

HSC
i did my half yearly economics exam last term and got 64% - i consider that pretty shit
(according to my own personal standards so please do not get offended!).
in the last assessment i got 75% which i was pretty disappointed in too.
i'm aiming for about 80-90% in every assessment but not matter how hard i study i can never achieve the marks.
its frustrating! obviously.

i was just wondering if anyone goes to the weekly classes 'leading edge' holds?
if so - would you recomend them??

thanks a bunch.:)

Ozza

HSC
bmwz4 said:
2 marks off getting 90% :burn: i want those 2 marks!!!
You think you've got issues? I got 89% :bomb: lol

Sorry about the slight thread necromancy guys... my teachers mark real slow.. even though there's only six of us in the class.

bmwz4

HSC
Ozza said:
You think you've got issues? I got 89% :bomb: lol

Sorry about the slight thread necromancy guys... my teachers mark real slow.. even though there's only six of us in the class.
sucks doesnt it, give us the damn 90!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)