How did you quit your job? (1 Viewer)

hotdimsim

HSC
1st job was at coles. they just reduced my shifts, then eventually gave me one shift every fortnight. so i went into my managers office and told him id stop working but would come back in 6 months during xmas once i'd done year 12 and he agreed that would be better. called them in november to get some shifts and they had taken me off the books as my old manager got the flick. oh well, cbf reapplying.

Then worked at woolies. just handed my manager a letter saying this week would be my last. it was all good, she gave me a good reference.

Then my latest job was cold calling for charities to raise money. The company i worked for were real bastards, they were only concerned with the commission they received. For eg, if someone on the phone had an excuse like "my husband has cancer, cant afford it etc" they'd tell us to basically ignore them and keep asking for money. One day an old lady burst into tears as she had just buried her husband the day before. i was apologetic and said sorry for the call and hung up. My manager called me into the office and went ape shit, using fuck every second word and told me he didnt give a shit what the next excuse was, as long as we got a donation out of them. I told him to go fuck himself, walked out of the building. felt real good :)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
1st job was at coles. they just reduced my shifts, then eventually gave me one shift every fortnight. so i went into my managers office and told him id stop working but would come back in 6 months during xmas once i'd done year 12 and he agreed that would be better. called them in november to get some shifts and they had taken me off the books as my old manager got the flick. oh well, cbf reapplying.

Then worked at woolies. just handed my manager a letter saying this week would be my last. it was all good, she gave me a good reference.

Then my latest job was cold calling for charities to raise money. The company i worked for were real bastards, they were only concerned with the commission they received. For eg, if someone on the phone had an excuse like "my husband has cancer, cant afford it etc" they'd tell us to basically ignore them and keep asking for money. One day an old lady burst into tears as she had just buried her husband the day before. i was apologetic and said sorry for the call and hung up. My manager called me into the office and went ape shit, using fuck every second word and told me he didnt give a shit what the next excuse was, as long as we got a donation out of them. I told him to go fuck himself, walked out of the building. felt real good :)
All of that was a good read made my day.

hotdimsim

HSC
the only thing that job gave me was a fairly extensive c*nt list of names and numbers of people that were just assholes on the phone. they get the occassional stoned prank at 3am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)