How did you three unit guys find the 2 unit exam? (1 Viewer)

Takuya

Banned
A blazing inferno of blood and despair...
RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE

badlysketched

just for something to compare yourself too, all u big smartypoo 3u people... i'm in 2u and not doing too bad... i go in there with about 2hours study behind me thinking i can do it.... lets just say i skipped three entire questions and the most i can get is 67%... i'm hoping for a 55-60% allowing for silly mistakes... and someone asked how the 2u people found it... considering it was our test... we found it VERY VERY hard... btw, shit there alot of u doing three unit! i must go to a dumb school... we only got 7 3u people and 4 4u people! ha damn public schools... anyways chill guys... u all did amazingly well... good luck on the three unit test!

Last edited:

eeyore

if that was 2u, what's 3 u gonna be......
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Roors

HSC
lol ppls ppls ppls
ur making me stress out over the 3unit exam...u watch it'll be soo easy coz we're expecting a killer (omg i hope i hope i hope)
but yeh....2u is over, u'll all go better then u think, it was hard...just throw away that paper right now and stop making calculations. U'll all be cool!!

kt san

ppl...me tooo
i think i screwed up for Q9 and Q10,
but think about think about it this way
hopefullly in 3u, they'll test u on 3u stuff and no harder 2u (can't image harder 2u than this test)
good luck...and study hard
that's a good combination for a good mark u noe!!!!!!!!

kouri

well w t f
HSC
i'd be heaps happy if the only marks i lose are the ones i couldn't do.

but hey. i'm known for making the stupidest mistakes...and i didn't have time to check...

3u is going to be so screwed up. arh shit.

jogloran

For gods' sakes, for some reason I couldn't do the similarity question in 5 inside the exam: I walk out, someone points it out, and the answer suddenly becomes blindingly obvious (grrrrrr).

On the other hand, the questions later in the paper posed no big problem.

tieki

The questions weren't too hard, there were just too amny of them...most of those parts in q. 9 and 10 should have been worth 3-4 marks, but were worth 1-2...effectively, twice the amount of difficult questions that there should have been...

Think I did alright though...only one I wasn't sure about was the area of the segment in q. 9

trousers

I didn't find it overly hard, at least not up to question 6. In fact I finished and got everything up to Q6 in about an hour.

After that though.... yuck. Question 8 was alright, and I think I got most of 10 a) out, but otherwise the rest of it was horrible. And despite getting way ahead on time, I didn't finish the paper. Stupid.

Last edited:

Almost There

my goal in life is to be a trophy north shore mum.
hey takuya-love the picture at the bottom-full of fire and rage ?EXACTLY HOW I AM FEELING!!

all i can say is thank god i dont do three unit cuz if i did i would be comtemplateing throwing myself of a bridge right now...i would leave my sucide note as "damn you board of studies" and hope whoever wrote that exam would go to bed at night thinking about how its ALL THEIR FAULT I DIED

ah well at least eh daily telegraph agrees with us "math was remarkably harder than in past years, there would have been a few tears before bedtime" no shit sherlock there were tears in the fricken exam room!!!

JUB JUB

HSC
is it me or was question 10 much much easier than questions 8 and 9??????

but over all, yes, it was a bitch. bye bye 90+ UAI

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by NekkidSerpent
Man I stuffed up in the brick row questions.. everything else was good... :/

So same. I knew it was a series question i just couldnt do it properly and what the fuck is with geometry. I am so bad at it. I know how to prove similar and congruent triangles, i can just never bloody do it. After i did a geometry question i thought "alright that s prob it for geometry", then it kept popping up.

Im not sure worst test ever but WORST PERFORMANCE EVER

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by trousers
I didn't find it overly hard, at least not up to question 6. In fact I finished and got everything up to Q6 in about an hour.
I finished Q7 in about 45 minutes! I was blazing... then some hard questions started coming, and yeh.. I barely had enough time.

nic_rei

HSC
I didn't find it too hard at all, but looking back now I realise ive made a lot of stupid mistakes. And i cant believe that I didnt realise it was a factorisation of the above part of the derivative on the very last part of 10b !! I kicked myself afterwards cos i maybe couldve got that mark :( But anyway, I found the past 2U papers a lot harder, specially in their last qus - this year's last qu wasnt too bad.

One thing I will ask though is, for 1a, is a 0 after a dec place considered as a sig fig? like 0.0392 - is that 3 sig figs or 4?

Also that circle qu where you had to find the area of that bendy bit, that one stumped me at first then i finally figured it out but the 2 circles kept confusing me!! Are you allowed to use 3U concepts for the 2U exam, like circle geometry rules, by the way?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by nic_rei
Are you allowed to use 3U concepts for the 2U exam, like circle geometry rules, by the way?
i was told you are, but that you arent allowed to use physics concepts because that will disadvantage the people who don't do physics(??) so i am not 100% certain, because using 3u will disadvantage those who dont do it

d__o__a

DOA
HSC
N/A
it was ok , i got to q8 and had 30 mins left then at 15mins left i just started q10, i didn't finish q10b) part iii

nic_rei

HSC
Originally posted by iambored
i was told you are, but that you arent allowed to use physics concepts because that will disadvantage the people who don't do physics(??) so i am not 100% certain, because using 3u will disadvantage those who dont do it
I heard that you can use 4U concepts for 3U proofs, so it might work with 2 and 3 unit as well. I think you can...the only concept that I used was for that cicle question where i said "angle at centre is 2 times angle at circumference", to get the angle for the other sector

nic_rei

HSC
it would be interesting to know the answer to 10b)iii) if anyone got it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)