How did you UMAT-ers find it today? (1 Viewer)

mat2154

HSC
i was sitting in the row nearest the door and i saw that 3 people didn't get to wharf 8 on time. they were arguing outside but the door which had already been locked so they couldn't come in. i also heard that someone got a section cancelled cause they were caught working on the wrong one.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
yoakim said:
They were adopted?!?!? Ahhh I blanked out in that one haha...mmm aunt noel took care of isabella (or whatever her name is lol) and margarest with yvonne, that's right...Yeah I think I interpreted it alright...Did u guys say that Isobella was compliant and unconvinced for the last one??? I was tempted to choose the 'superfically __________ (can't remember the word), and that Aunt Noel was more 'personally upset than isobella (answer b)' though i think it could have been A.
Yeah i put compliant and unconvinced aswell because she posted the letter and agreed some what with her aunt even though she always had second thoughts about the matter and almost regreted posting the letter or somthin.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
drynxz said:
Section 2: Had to quickly RUN to the toilet, which was on the opposite side of the center. and lost 4 minutes...questions were ambiguous and i didnt finish
I saw so many people going to the toilet during the test, would've been quite stressful for them...pretty inconvenient.

asquith

HSC
how much did you guys practice?
how can you guys think section one was the easiest? thats insane.
the fox/rabbit/owl one was weird. i chose it was fox or rabbit, and couldnt be the owl. what did you pick?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
asquith said:
the fox/rabbit/owl one was weird. i chose it was fox or rabbit, and couldnt be the owl. what did you pick?
Dingo, lol. Hey guys refer to your Venue and time when u post questions because they are changed because of different times.

rsbrsbrsbrsb

HSC
asquith said:
can't remember the animals(one was dingo, no rabbit). but the ques was; if it's not A it's B, if it's not B it's C. It had to be B. because in the 1st case it's definitely not A and in the second case it's definitely not C. in both cases it could have been B

rsbrsbrsbrsb

HSC
did different time have different ques? or else it wouldn't be fair at all

locascio

HSC
Holy hell, I found it quite difficult. In all 3 sections I didn't manage my time properly, so when the 10 minute warning came I didn't read the stimuli or graphics properly ... there was a lot of guessing involved.

Everyone I have spoken too also found it difficult, so maybe there is hope that I will get an interview at Newcastle Uni for medicine...

ssglain

HSC
xxJTxx said:
heya...from what i can gather, the shapes corresspond with the shape in the top corner of each page in the test booklet. there are three unique shapes (as u'll see in the practice booklet)...i believe they had the nice big one up there so the supervisors could see what shape to look for as they walked by (to ensure you were working on the right section).
I see. I can't believe I missed those in the booklet... goes to show how unobservant I am.

---

There were different papers at each test centre? How is ACER going to keep the fairness of the scores this way?

Oh and what about the different coloured top/skirt/scarf question from Section 1? Does anyone remember what they put? (Wentworth 8.00am)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
I went to wentworth, and another question that I have is...did you guys manage to decipher the Amy, B and Carly question about the scarfs, top and skirt? For the second part of that question I answered D 'not enough information to recognise (or whatever lol)'.

How did you guys go for the car colour question? i answered that 'jule or some other dude' owned the Green car (I think it was B).

ssglain

HSC
drynxz said:
Section 2: Had to quickly RUN to the toilet, which was on the opposite side of the center. and lost 4 minutes...questions were ambiguous and i didnt finish
Was your seat number 926 by chance? LOL it would be funny if you were the dude sitting in front of me at Wentworth (morning session).

& Yoakim: I'm also unsure about that one with the girls/clothes/colours but I can't really remember what the options were (or what I picked, for that matter). So I'm hoping bells might start ringing when somebody else says something about it. If the blue scarf one was the first (easy) one then I think I might have picked Chloe. I can't remember what the other three were.

Last edited:

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
ssglain said:
Was your seat number 926 by chance? LOL it would be funny if you were the dude sitting in front of me at Wentworth (morning session).
HAHAH i was 928 but i think thats me u saw running. Far out i thought theyl give us a break

ravdawg

HSC
I was at wentworth at 8. The coloured carves, tops and skirt q was liek sudoku, cept with only 3 things :p

Thank god for all that procrastinating and playing doing sudoku on saturday mornings lol.

ssglain

HSC
drynxz said:
HAHAH i was 928 but i think thats me u saw running. Far out i thought theyl give us a break
Hahaha. Well, nice to meet you. Were the seats numbered in increasing order from back to front then? I was 927.

I know! Whatever happened to the 1 minute break in between? It was like, "Okay, pencils down. *2 second pause* Now you may turn to the next section and begin."

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
yoakim said:
I went to wentworth, and another question that I have is...did you guys manage to decipher the Amy, B and Carly question about the scarfs, top and skirt? For the second part of that question I answered D 'not enough information to recognise (or whatever lol)'.
LOL i worked that out !
sat there drawing punnet squares though ==' .. supervisor was probably like , wtf hahaha

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
oh by the way ,
for people @wentworth 8am ;
what was the answer for the fox/owl/dingo question ?
... i said it was dingo TT" ; couldnt work it out !

ssglain

HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
LOL i worked that out !
sat there drawing punnet squares though ==' .. supervisor was probably like , wtf hahaha

oh by the way ,
I said it could be dingo or fox but not owl - but I think it might have been wrong.

& I suppose the punnet square method is similar to the sudoku method that ravdawg mentioned. I thought of neither and did a lame table that only made things worse.

Last edited:

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
oh by the way ,
I took a stab at "owl", since it was the only one that didn't get 'cancelled out' in my working out lol. I think in my one it was 'fox/rabbit/owl'.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
drynxz said:
whoa 928 , Damian !?
wtf so many people !
I was like , 184.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
whoa 928 , Damian !?
wtf so many people !
I was like , 184.
Apparenlty there were almost 1,100 people at the first session at Wentworth today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)