How did you UMAT-ers find it today? (1 Viewer)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
hahaha you serious ?
i remember walking past 978 or something , but I didn`t think there would be up to 1100 o_O"
were all the venues that full ?

clockwise

HSC
N/A
Yeah that dingo/fox/owl question was EXACTLY the same one we did over in detail at the Medentry workshop...and im pretty sure the answer was dingo...

i thought section 3 this year was crazy hard!! and this stupid Kings guys (wharf 8) kept on tapping his stupid feet for the entire section which drove me nuts...if your reading this *evil evil glare*

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
It was so intimidating walking infront of almost all of the people already seated while I was trying to look for my seat...

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Anyone did it in Newcastle? There were about 400-ish people there.

Personally, i found section 2 sooooo hard!!! It was so much harder and took so much longer to complete than the medentry papers.... TT_TT

And it was surprising how many questions i recognised from past practise papers. woot.

missanney said:
all i can say is

im gonna start looking for an alternative occupation
hahaha. same. luckily i already have a back-up plan just in case i dont make it (most probably). psych ftw!

Last edited by a moderator:

missanney

HSC
hahahahaha. my mum said lucky i hav a rich bf to support me cuz im gonna b a bum now

wat else am i supposed to do lol

looks like a year of partying then figuring out wat to do haha

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
hahaha you serious ?
i remember walking past 978 or something , but I didn`t think there would be up to 1100 o_O"
were all the venues that full ?
Yeah i was 998, the guy in front of me was talkin to the supervisor and said they were waiting till they got to 1100 before they started, there were over two and half full rows after me.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
missanney said:
all i can say is

im gonna start looking for an alternative occupation
Hey don't worry about it, if you feel that that's what you want to do then that's cool, but if you really want to pursue a career in medicine then it won't hurt doing a different course that can get you to med. or doing the umat again next year.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
ssglain said:
Hahaha. Well, nice to meet you. Were the seats numbered in increasing order from back to front then? I was 927.

I know! Whatever happened to the 1 minute break in between? It was like, "Okay, pencils down. *2 second pause* Now you may turn to the next section and begin."
HAHA were you that azn girl in front of me?? GOSH how fast do u work! you were like 2 pages ahead of me for section 2 >< (i didnt see your answers, but i had an idea of what page you were on). How did you find that section?

xclusv2bhung said:
whoa 928 , Damian !?
wtf so many people !
I was like , 184.
ROFL yeh apprently there was 2 floors of people...dammit 928! i had to run like to the other side of the hall just to go toilet ><

redom

HSC
ahh...well lets just say this exam killed any hope of becoming a doctor....guessed any? i found myself guessing like half of it!!.....geez the test is soo random

redom

HSC
ahh...well lets just say this exam killed any hope of becoming a doctor....guessed any? i found myself guessing like half of it!!.....geez the test is soo random

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
redom said:
i guessed quite a bit too ...
in section three i just narrowed it down to two i was certain were right ... then just ... i duno ... flipped over it.

fattii

HSC
OMGG

im heapss cutt upp about UMAT

very dissapointed

SECTION 1 was so totally hard! i had to quikly make up the last few answers... ran outa tym...

section 2 was ok

and section 3.. but agen! ran outa tym... so i made sum answers up!

so dissapointedd thoughh

heapss cutt up

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Too tired to read the thread of type coherently but my thoughts.

Section I: Easy than I thought it would be, finished with time to spare.

Section II: Harder than I thought it would be but should still be okay.

Section III: Absolutely slaughtered me. i.e. I fail

bmwz4

HSC
Anonymous1 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbrsbrsbrsb
I found section 2 harder than practice ones. What did people put for the question where the son was told by the doctor "you know she's not going to make it"

=======
The only part I can remember is the question about how he would react after entering the room with that knowledge. I chose the one about him pretending that nothing has changed, but on second thought I think he would have pretended to be more positive.

---------------------

I chose the option where he breaks her the news calmy I think, or something along those lines. I was under that impression after reading the last two lines or so, which suggested that he would tell her. =S But I can't really remember what it said.. :p

I think I done fairly well in Section 1 even though I didn't get to the last two questions, and guessed them. Section 3 killed me, the whole choosing the middle option. Arggh...

How did everyone interpret the adopted sisters by aunties text?
i put he didnt tell her, his last line was very distressed, i dont know how sum1 culd put on a happy face?

bmwz4

HSC
Wooz said:
I can't remember the exact answer but i think he agreed with the doctor and "felt some what relieved"(ANS B, i think) as it stated that he 'knew that he woudlt make it either/cope' or something. I know the 2nd closest correct answer went along the lines that he would react/feel more positive towards his mother and i think D was that he would tell the doctors news or something to his mother.

Nope, your allowed to scribble all over the test booklet now days.

I recognised 4 questions from ACER practice booklets, they commonly reuse past questions but they are mixed up, they also do this to collect statistical data, etc.

Anyway yeah i felt a bit down after the test, them i bumped into a doctor in bookshop an hour later and had a long convo, it sorta cheered me up. Remember, this test is not the end of the world or your med hopes, remember most people get in post-grad and if ur really dedicated towards studying medicine try UMAT again next year, most of people sitting around me were older students and had silver licences, it's a fact that most med hopefulls dont get into undergrad courses.
werent there two questions that were alike, one about a doctor telling him his mum wuld die, and one also about a woman with terminal cancer and a son, were there two or am i imagining ?

bmwz4

HSC
Wooz said:
Yeah i put compliant and unconvinced aswell because she posted the letter and agreed some what with her aunt even though she always had second thoughts about the matter and almost regreted posting the letter or somthin.
i put that too yay, i even wrote on my sheet next to the answer the quote about her regretting it, btw it asked about aunty whats her name, the answer was D right, she didnt want the same thing to happen to Margaret and her sister? or did she wanna get back at her?

FairyFloss

HSC
gah, it was horrible. Section one was the worst for me. I guessed so many questions =(

I found it so incredibly funny that where I sat looked directly at UTS which popped up above the trees. Goodbye UTS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)