How difficult/easy is your subject? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Rate your subject from 1 to 10.
10 being the subject where you cruise silkily with 1 being the most bumpy ride you have every had.

My rating is the following:
  • mathematics = 10
  • mathematics extension 1 = 9
  • english = 7
  • biology = 9
  • chemistry = 8
  • studies of religion =10
  • business studies = 10
What is your rating?

Last edited:

wanted4911

HSC
hey lyounamu

cool thread although its a little early to say don't you think?

Ok so far my ratings are:

# mathematics = 8
# mathematics extension 1 = 9
# adv english = 7
# biology = 9
# Chemistry=9
# Physics= 10
# Photography=1

cya

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
My rating is the following:
  • mathematics = 9
  • mathematics extension 1 = 8
  • english = 7
  • biology = 9
  • chemistry = 8
  • studies of religion =10
  • business studies = 10
I'm surprised that you thought Business Studies is a breeze. I found it extremely hard when I did it in Year 10. Wait til the half yearlies - we had to study half of the textbook, which was about 200 pages.
  • Mathematics Advanced = 8
  • Mathematics Extension 1 = 6
  • English Advanced = 4
  • English Extension 1 = 4
  • Chemistry = 5
  • Physics = 6
  • Legal Studies = 8

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
wanted4911 said:
hey lyounamu

cool thread although its a little early to say don't you think?
Absolutely true. It is too early to say which subjects are easy or difficult.
However, I have done some homework during my holiday. I basically covered first semester stuff already and that's why I don't seem to experience extreme difficulties in any subject yet. I guess I probably will in Mathematics Extension 1.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
[/list]I'm surprised that you thought Business Studies is a breeze. I found it extremely hard when I did it in Year 10. Wait til the half yearlies - we had to study half of the textbook, which was about 200 pages.
It's not that the subject is easy. It is just that my teacher teachers it that it seems really easy and easy to grasp just by listening to him.

bored of sc

HSC
Religion - 7.5
English - 5.5
Maths - 9
Extension Maths - 8
Music - 9.5
PDHPE - 8.5
Chemistry - 4.5

Sorry, I just couldn't resist doing decimals, lol.

Last edited:
HSC
English: 5 - im alright at it, but i suck at the essays.

Hospitality: If i replied to this before friday, i'd say 10 10 10, but no. I find it REALLY HARD to square off a carrot (don't laugh Lol, its a hard vegetable.) so i give it a 8ish.

Business studies: 9 - but my teacher sets out hard tests lol

General maths: 8

Biology: 9

Ancient history: 9

There are some things that i found hard in each subject and things i found very easy - so it changes.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
English Advanced : 7, I have to work upon my vocabulary and essay writing. The teacher is good as she knows me from year 9.
Mathematics Ext 1: 8, too much work, but alright still, pretty cool new teacher.
Chemistry : 9, the teacher is pretty good, strict.
Physics : 9.5, the 0.5 because our teacher is the deputy principal, awesome teacher!
Biology : 9, enjoyable, teacher is good as well.
Economics : 9, is alright, teacher is nice, always bags out business studies, being 'Economics for dummies' lol.

:) Gl all.

Last edited:

-bonfire

HSC
English: 10 - LOVE the teacher, I understand everything she says and I always enjoyed English =D

Religion: 5.5 - I don't enjoy it as I've been stuck with it all my life (Always beeing in a catholic school), however the content is alright, not studying much Christianity now =D

Legal: 9 - I understand most things, just so many key terms! But I understand those too =)

Modern History: 9.5 - I LOVE HISTORY! but I HATE the source analysis! So the -0.5 is for the source analysis

Society and Culture: 10 - The teacher is awesome, I understand her, love the freedom in choosing research topics, I find it soo interesting!

Retail: 10 - Bludgiest subject out. So easy.

RemoO

HSC
stil to early to tell but english i wish we had essays were doing documentaries and diary entry had 5 in one night and writing down stories about changing prespectives it sux =(

itadakimus

procrastinator
HSC
Economics, 9 - a fun lesson which feels like a bludge even though we're still doing work [which is good xD]

Physics, 8 - all we're doing is graphs which is boring.. and my teacher sorta sucks

Maths Adv/Ext 1 - 8.. we just started the ext 1 stuff so it's getting harder. Well not really a lot harder but more to remember I guess

English Adv - 7.5 urgh, I don't like Secrets and Lies *cringes*

English Ext 1 - 8 but on the other hand, Utopia has some interesting points and Pleasantville is great!

Chinese - 8 not too bad, but WAY too much vocab to learn!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Itadakimus - which school do you go to? How are you finding Utopia? :p

cal-

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
Absolutely true. It is too early to say which subjects are easy or difficult.
However, I have done some homework during my holiday. I basically covered first semester stuff already and that's why I don't seem to experience extreme difficulties in any subject yet. I guess I probably will in Mathematics Extension 1.
you're insane and you're going to burn yourself out by the end of this year.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
I think it's too early to judge but already I'm hating Chinese >< I think it's because of the student teacher... About a 6 or 7?
I'm accelerating in maths so I think it's hard. Maybe a 7 too for ext1 and 9 for 2U.
I've always hated english but it's still kind of early so I'll say 8.
The rest of my subjects (chemistry, physics and business studies) are alright so far.

eliseliselise

HSC
english adv: 9
eng ext: 7
biology: 10 aaah
chem: 6
physics: 7
math: 9
mathx1: 7
mathx2: 6

i find that its not so much understanding-- its remembering everything!! we definitely learn more in a lesson than we used to in a month compared to ye olde year 10.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
eliseliselise said:
mathx2: 6
How much accelerated are you? Doing Extension 2 Maths in yr 11? That's pretty impressive.

Even though I am acceleated I am only doing Mathematics and Mathematics Extension 1

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
cal- said:
you're insane and you're going to burn yourself out by the end of this year.
I don't understand why there are still people out there telling me that I am going to burn myself. That's what my brother did and that's what I have been doing since I was in yr 9 - accelerating myself. That's why I was given privilege to accelerate myself in Mathematics and Mathematics Extension 1.

Only by accelerating myself I came second in Preliminary Maths and Extension Maths. And I am aiming for the top rank this year now. If it suits you, use it!

Thank you.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
  • English Advanced - 6
  • Maths Extension 1 - 9
  • Physics - 10
  • Chemistry - 10
  • Software Design and Development - 8
  • Engineering Studies - 8

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)