How Do i Enrol... lost... (1 Viewer)

Monstar

HSC
Ok. So im reading this green booklet i got in the mail and i get to the pdf file and it doesnt explain how i enrol exactly..

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
If its anything like last year you'll have to go to uni 1day for some orientation lecture and another day to enrol, unlike most other unis which allow you to enrol online. The green booklet should tell you when and where to go, i think its ordered by alphabetical order

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You can accept online or enrol this year I think. Not too sure on the details, but we were told this was the first year for such a move.

Kezalicious

HSC
it depends on the course and uni

some courses allow you to enrol online, others you're reqcuired to enrol in person on campus. -_- ah well usyd is a pretty campus

Monstar

HSC
AsyLum said:
What does it say exactly?

it just gives us a list of steps... which are basically outlining what the stage is all about without really telling you how you carry out the processes

P

pLuvia

melsc said:
I think its when you enrol because there is nothing mentioned about accepting
But I don't want to enrol into course, just accept and I might wait for the late round

leeha

HSC
yep i am so confused too, i thought i was the idiot.
apparently we dont need to accept the offer, we just have to enrol.

but then its going on about how we have to have our proposed program of study ready for that day....my pre enrolment session is on the same day as my enrolment....and ive got no idea how to make this program of study - sorry if i sound like an idiot and its completely obvious but i am just so confused here. so do they tell us how to make this timetable..or do i have to completely work this thing out..ive been trying for a while...

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Yeah, I have been reading that booklet a few times and I seem to be having trouble understanding everything. So I would probably have to do it slowly step by step and ring up for help if I have trouble.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
leeha said:
yep i am so confused too, i thought i was the idiot.
apparently we dont need to accept the offer, we just have to enrol.

but then its going on about how we have to have our proposed program of study ready for that day....my pre enrolment session is on the same day as my enrolment....and ive got no idea how to make this program of study - sorry if i sound like an idiot and its completely obvious but i am just so confused here. so do they tell us how to make this timetable..or do i have to completely work this thing out..ive been trying for a while...
no, i intend on doing some of that :D
when do you guys have to have this ready by?
because dammit, i really really want write up my timetable guide (just how to make the timetable, not choosing subjects).

anyway, from memory, you go into uni one day to accept? or do you do that the same day as when you enrol?

i should first warn you that first semester first year is the most complicated time for working out your timetable. you should practically plan the whole of your degree to make sure you don't miss anything. of course you'll change your mind about electives and stuff like that later on, but you should make a basic plan now.

anyway, the first thing to do is get the handbook, look at your degree and write out all your core subjects

next, sort them into 100, 200, 300 levels and which semester they are offered. as a guide, you'd do 100 level in first year and 300 level in 3rd year.

next, look at your 300 level subjects and check that you have all the co/prerequisites at 200 level. if they are not written there then add them - they are also cores because you have to do them to do the later subjects. then, similarly, look at your 200 level subjecs and check that you have all the co/prerequisites at 100 level.

you should then check that you do not have more than 12cp planned for any semester. some degrees will give you too many cores for one semester so you may have to do them a year earlier (e.g. a 300 level in second year).

you should also check that all subjects are offered all years, because if there are some subjects offered every second year you may have to do them earlier or later

from there you can probably just look at your 100 level subjects and work out which electives you can fit in. you might want to look at possible 300 level electives and check if there are any prerequisites you need for them.

when you work out what you want to do for first year then start to make your timetable to see if everything fits and which classes you want. you might want to make both semesters' timetables at once so that you don't get any nasty surprises with clashing classes in second semester.

ok that sounds really complicated. but it isn't really.

Last edited:

Mr_Shrimp

HSC
Question about Deferment.

Green booklet says:

"You may defer your enrolment for one year only. If you wish to defer you should apply in writing to:.... You should include your UAC offer letter with your letter requesting deferment. Please note that deferment will be rescinded if you enrol at another tertiary institution during the period of your deferment from Macquarie University.
Applications for deferment will be accepted until 30 March 2007.

Approval of deferment will be formally acknowledged in writing by the University. If you do not recieve this by mid-April 2007 contact the Undergraduate Studies Section, phone ...."

SO! As I understand it from that, I do not need to attend any enrolment dates personally, I just put my UAC offer letter together with a letter saying "I, ..., request to defer enrolment in ... for a year because..." and send it to the uni, then wait for a confirmation reply.

Is that me all set? Please say yes :D

Yip

HSC
I have a question about macquarie enrolments, if i attend the enrolment day (22nd of january for me), and pick all my courses and fill in all the hecs-related forms, but receive a late round offer on the 31st, i can unenrol from macquarie by calling them up and enrol in my late round offer right?

aileenli

HSC
argh! this is getting complicated and that stupid green booklet is no help at all. is the "compulsory on-campus stage" on the same day as the "enrolment preparation session"???? why cant the website give me dates???????

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
http://www.student.mq.edu.au/enrol/

Dates:

Enrolment Group Dates
Grad DipEd, BEd (Primary) and BEd (ECE) 29 January 2007
UAC late and final round offers 15 to 16 February 2007
Direct Entry applicants including Jubilee 15 to 16 February 2007
Credit for previous studies 20 February 2007
SIBT local 20 February 2007
SIBT international 21 to 22 February 2007
International students * 21 to 22 February 2007

edit: hmm it seems you're given the dates in your enrolment package.

for compulsory.

Where possible the enrolment preparation session relevant to a course has
been scheduled on the same day as the compulsory on-campus stage of
enrolment for that course.
for the preparation.

edit: you're right, there isn't a date there, lol, I think its time to call up MQ and abuse them :)

Last edited:

dandel26

HSC
iambored said:
no, i intend on doing some of that :D
when do you guys have to have this ready by?
because dammit, i really really want write up my timetable guide (just how to make the timetable, not choosing subjects).

anyway, from memory, you go into uni one day to accept? or do you do that the same day as when you enrol?

i should first warn you that first semester first year is the most complicated time for working out your timetable. you should practically plan the whole of your degree to make sure you don't miss anything. of course you'll change your mind about electives and stuff like that later on, but you should make a basic plan now.

anyway, the first thing to do is get the handbook, look at your degree and write out all your core subjects

next, sort them into 100, 200, 300 levels and which semester they are offered. as a guide, you'd do 100 level in first year and 300 level in 3rd year.

next, look at your 300 level subjects and check that you have all the co/prerequisites at 200 level. if they are not written there then add them - they are also cores because you have to do them to do the later subjects. then, similarly, look at your 200 level subjecs and check that you have all the co/prerequisites at 100 level.

you should then check that you do not have more than 12cp planned for any semester. some degrees will give you too many cores for one semester so you may have to do them a year earlier (e.g. a 300 level in second year).

you should also check that all subjects are offered all years, because if there are some subjects offered every second year you may have to do them earlier or later

from there you can probably just look at your 100 level subjects and work out which electives you can fit in. you might want to look at possible 300 level electives and check if there are any prerequisites you need for them.

when you work out what you want to do for first year then start to make your timetable to see if everything fits and which classes you want. you might want to make both semesters' timetables at once so that you don't get any nasty surprises with clashing classes in second semester.

ok that sounds really complicated. but it isn't really.
I FREAKIN LOVE YOU MAN!!!!

aileenli

HSC
Phew thanks CharlieB, I nearly started panicking.....so 22nd january it is then!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)