How Do i Enrol... lost... (1 Viewer)

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
Could anyone kindly post the link to or copy of the Handbook of Undergraduate Studies (for course requirements and prerequisites).

HSC
N/A
Also, when in doubt, call SES!

# Student Enquiry Service
# Open 8.30 - 5.30 Mon, Tues, Thurs
9.30 - 5.30 Wed
8.30 - 4.30 Fri
Telephone: 9850 6410
email: sesinfo@mq.edu.au

In other news I was walking from my car to the SES building today, and this guy in a purple shirt (lots of them, actually, with the MQ logo on them) said 'konichiwa' to me. I resisted the urge to punch him in the face. a) I'm obviously not Japanese, and b), do I LOOK like an international student that can't speak english? *feels insulted*

aileenli

HSC
In the Macquarie handbook thingy online, where can I see the electives that we can choose? do I have to pick them now or do we do that during that advising thing?

Monstar

HSC
^^ can you tell me where i can find the core subjects i have to chosE?

this system sux.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Electives: Anything you satisfy the pre-reqs for (or if they have none) you can choose

http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/units.php?edition=2007&level=ug

So you could do philosophy in a Commerce degree or Maths in an Arts degree.

What degree are you doing? You gotta help us help you, you can't just sprout 'this system sucks' and expect us to mind read you. Its not that hard of a process...

edit: lol forgot to refresh

HSC
N/A
Have you looked in the handbook yet?

Back before my first year started, I sat down for about 45 mins looking through the handbook, figuring out all the units I needed. It's all there if you bother to look :p

thisisme

HSC
N/A
please help! so do i do all stages of enrolling and give my tax number for hecs etc etc even if i may end up going to another uni anyway? because i do have to accept before the next round of offers or i lose this offer-is that right?

and then somehow i unenrol later?

thanks

P

pLuvia

thisisme said:
please help! so do i do all stages of enrolling and give my tax number for hecs etc etc even if i may end up going to another uni anyway? because i do have to accept before the next round of offers or i lose this offer-is that right?

and then somehow i unenrol later?

thanks
That's what I'm planning on doing, I called the MACQ SES and the person said that you have to enrol to accept the offer, so you have to go through all the enrolment process to accept the offer.

Although when I asked him how to unenrol he said when you receive your late round offer they will have information there, all in all he wasn't that much help

hannahxxx

HSC
My on-campus enrollment session is 2pm tomorrow. Do I have to make up a timetable and select the subjects for my arts degree before then? It won't let me do any of that when I log into the e-students section. I don't know which subjects I wanna do yet-or how many I have to do. I thought the whole point of going to the uni was to choose THEN-after we've had people to talk to about it. And I couldn't call anyone this weekend cause the offices are closed. Then I read that you have to pay a $200 late fee if you don't do all this before tomorrow.
Help, I think I'm screwed.

withaface

HSC
You have to make a proposed timetable, so just pick 4 100 level subjects you want to do and whack them in, someone should sign it off for you when you get there, then you'll go through the process of enrolling in them online with a mentor-So you'll get to see how they do it, then if you want to change, you can go online yourself at home and change it around if you dont want to do what you originally proposed.

What are you majoring in, in arts?

hannahxxx

HSC
"100 level subjects"? That's the thing-although I've read the handbook and asked around I still don't really get the degree in general. So I just choose 4 subjects for this semester then? I don't get the majoring thing either sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)