How do I get referees? (1 Viewer)

CecilyMare

HSC
I've never been employed because obviously you need referees to GET employed, should I just ask all my teachers if they can be my referee, would that sound a bit desperate and lame especially when I don't know them very well..?

Thanks! :cook:

HSC
Not desperate at all, my brother asked two school teachers to be his referees (he's never been employed before) and they said yes.

I also asked my netball coach, so if you have anything like sports or other group activities that you're into, ask some of the leaders of that.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
not desperate at all, my brother asked two school teachers to be his referees (he's never been employed before) and they said yes.

I also asked my netball coach, so if you have anything like sports or other group activities that you're into, ask some of the leaders of that.
+1

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You can get them from any work experience or charity work you've done. Also, look to things you've done in the local community. Sport, theatre, groups etc. Even some of your parents friends could do it if they know you reasonably well.

By yeah, a lot of students use teachers. Get to know them a bit better if your unsure about asking them. Extra-curricular school activities are good for this.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, just get teachers/coaches/anybody in authority who has supervised you somehow

lala2

Banned
HSC
And who obviously will say good things about you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)