How Do I Study For English Journeys (1 Viewer)

anthony.baaini

HSC
How do i study for journeys, like what are good studying techniques to do before the exam. Also does anyone have any ideas when chosing the peter skrzynecki, whihc to chose should they have something in common? what should i chose. How r u studying for journeys. Oh and is their a good way to study for section 1 and 2 of journeys also where can i get more study material i have nothing on journeys thanks

juliAAAh

HSC
yehr i need help too. >_<
i think just doing past papers and setting a time to write out an essay. say 40mins like in the paper for an essay. i need some tips too :( ahahaa
thankssskids
x

le-foot

HSC
I'd get to know the texts and all, before writing it. It's like, if you haven't got the stuff to write essays with, practice essays aren't gonna help.

Urgh I hate journeys

And English :worried:

vee4nathan

HSC
section 1: make or go through a glossary, this will make sure you have an understanding of english terms, which is what they look for.

section 2: think of ways to start a story. think up a main story line then re-arange it for your HSC exam. for example plan to tell a story about a car, and talk about where it goes etc.

section 3: i have been studying rabbit proof fence, but its all based on the same syllabus, write up some notes, including main techniques, characters etc. and try to give a personal opinion. if there is an opening quote, make sure you evaluate it!

i hope this helps. english really is the hardest subject to study for.

jennyk456

HSC
vee4nathan said:
section 1: make or go through a glossary, this will make sure you have an understanding of english terms, which is what they look for.
what do you mean by that? what are english terms?

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
jennyk456 said:
what do you mean by that? what are english terms?
you've got to be kidding.

hyperbole, oxymoron, the basic simile/metaphor, sensory techniques etc.

JayOhn

HSC
vee4nathan said:

section 2: think of ways to start a story. think up a main story line then re-arange it for your HSC exam. for example plan to tell a story about a car, and talk about where it goes etc.

section 3: i have been studying rabbit proof fence, but its all based on the same syllabus, write up some notes, including main techniques, characters etc. and try to give a personal opinion. if there is an opening quote, make sure you evaluate it!

i hope this helps. english really is the hardest subject to study for.

Thanks for this...easier for me to study

KeepHoldingOn

HSC
Basically for Section 3 you need to study your poems and related text so you know them in depth - so know all the techniques in the poems such as:
  • Biblical Allusions: in Crossing the Red Sea
  • Personification
  • Metaphors
(You should know all your poems just encase the exam asks you to write about one in particular and have 2 poems that you can write about in depth)

For your related text (depending on what you have chosen example, a movie) you need to know the techniques for this as well, such as:
  • music (loud, fast, soft)
  • camera shots (long, close-up),
  • lighting (dark, bright)
(You should have 2 related text.)

For Section 2 of the exam have a basic overview or plot of a story that you have created which can then be molded around the exam question.
Section 1 basically what everyone else has been suggesting just know your key terms and do practice essays and you should be dandy!

:read: good luck
xx

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Below is a bunch of language techniques, most of which, you should know and be able to use:

Alliteration
assonance
emotive language
colloquial
slang
jargon
neologism
cliché
rhetorical questions
Onomatopoeia
Simile
metaphor
idioms
personification
extended metaphor
Hyperbole
allusion
symbolism
synechdoche
metonomy
Sarcasm
irony
Satire
parody

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)