How do I study SMARTER? (1 Viewer)

srsly_br0

HSC
N/A
I feel like I'm doing more and more work as the year goes by but I don't see ANY improvement in my marks whatsoever. In facts, my exam marks have decreased in between exams and I'm seriously starting to get worried on how I approach my studies.

So my question is, how do I study smarter? Are there any tips that are helpful when doing homework, revising for exams or just general studying?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I'll assume that your notes are up to date and you've been just staring at them and trying to absorb the info in them.
There's only so little reading through notes can do. I learned the hard way.

The most thorough method is probably doing past papers For me at least, it shows me how much information I can apply in exams. The more you do, the better you get.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
You're getting bias marked bro. You're either arab, or you screwed up in one exam so they think you'll screw up externals as well so they keep your rank lower.

iBibah

HSC
You're getting bias marked bro. You're either arab, or you screwed up in one exam so they think you'll screw up externals as well so they keep your rank lower.
You seem pretty sure arabs are marked unfairly at school lol

Jinks

HSC
Maybe try and read the notes aloud, and I'd be looking for practice papers and just doing as many different questions as I can, but make sure you check how you went, and re-do the questions you get wrong.

HSC
Hey guys i'm in a similar situation, i have a legal exam on monday and i have all my notes! What should I do, in order to increase my chances in getting a better mark! Please answer, I only have 2 days left

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
Hey guys i'm in a similar situation, i have a legal exam on monday and i have all my notes! What should I do, in order to increase my chances in getting a better mark! Please answer, I only have 2 days left
Study Expert is here!

So, firstly! Find a plain empty table, with only you notes you need for you exam!

Then secondly, set up timetable, read you notes, read them again, say it aloud, then after that try to teach it to someone, for example, act like a teacher, teaching the class!

Thirdly, grab past papers, then atleast 2 past papers, once you have done them, if you got stuck on any question, or you seem to not understand a dot-point, look at the syllabus, then pay close attention, if you notes answer it will, then memorize that very well. Then put a red mark, that you understood that dotpoint, so when you see that question in a similar, paper you can, do it perfectly.

Always, stay positive, think smart, never ever, think it si the end of the world, even those smart kids, including my self, have trouble at times, understanding some stuff, so the story here is, to stay calm, just chill, relax, take a deep breath, study hard!

Never Never give up, I remember my brother last year got shit ranks in his first chemistry assignment, ( his rank dropped about 50 position down), although he was very smart, he kept working hard, guess what he come first in all you subjects at his school Sydney boys, got 99.95 Atar and 100 in Umat, becasue he worked hard, throughout the year! Never give up, plus got a scholarship, now he is doing medicine.

I know were you coming from, mat! It is hard at times trying to study, in this small amount of time, doing you best, that is what matters!

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I am an expert bro!

So, firstly! Find a plain empty table, with only you notes you need for you exam!

Then secondly, set up timetable, read you notes, read them again, say it aloud, then after that try to teach it to someone, for example, act like a teacher, teaching the class!

Thirdly, grab past papers, then atleast 2 past papers, once you have then them, if you got stuck on any question, or you seem to not understand a dot-point, look at the syllabus, then pay close attention, if you notes answer it will, then memorize that very well. Then put a red mark, that you understood that dotpoint, so when you see that question in a similar, paper you can, do it perfectly.

Always, stay positive, think smart, never ever, think it si the end of the world, even those smart kids, including my self, have trouble at times, understanding some stuff, so the story here is, to stay calm, just chill, relax, take a deep breath, study hard!

Never Never give up, I remember my brother last year got shit ranks in his first chemistry assignment, ( his rank dropped about 50 position down), although he was very smart, he kept working hard, guess what he come first in all you subjects at his school Sydney boys, got 99.95 Atar and 100 in Umat, becasue he worked hard, throughout the year! Never give up, plus got a scholarship, now he is doing medicine.

I know were you coming from, mat! It is hard at times trying to study, in this small amount of time, doing you best, that is what matters!
yeah
no

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
I remember my brother last year got shit ranks in his first chemistry assignment, ( his rank dropped about 50 position down), although he was very smart, he kept working hard, guess what he come first in all you subjects at his school Sydney boys, got 99.95 Atar and 100 in Umat, becasue he worked hard,
I really doubt its possible to go from 50th to 1st at a school like sydney boys :lol:

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
I really doubt its possible to go from 50th to 1st at a school like sydney boys :lol:
My Brother was smart, very smart, since his teacher gave him a lower mark, that is why he rank 50, but that was only his first assignment for chemistry, he worked harder from there on, got full marks in all his other chem assessments and in his other subjects he was ranked 1st, closer to trials, he smashed everyone, came first in chemistry with 99% in his trial, in math ext 1 he got 98%, maths ext 2 100%, Physics 100%, English Advanced 97% overall. He was very luck to state rank two sciences, maths ext 1 and 2.

He still did pretty well in english as well, don't know why he didn't get a state rank in English Advanced!

He was just a beast!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)