• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do u study? (1 Viewer)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
cdingle said:
Stick notes all over my walls and as i walk pass glance over them. its really good for math equations. :wave:
My friend had her walls plastered with Maths during the HSC.

It comes with a bonus - the joy of ripping them out after your exams.

litany

Helpfool
HSC
You know, after reading all these study techniques and what not, i just got a ironic and amusing notion in my brain.

A few people mentioned using colours to distinguish between different types of information or to help them remember information. It just set me thinking - people use stuff they're very familiar with to help stimulate their brain right? For instance, musically-orientated people might just hook information onto notes on the music scale, IE. C = X info, D = X info.. because its so embedded into their thinking processes.

I then thought .. Hey - for me, what would be something that's so deeply ingrained into my brain that i could do something like that with. And, with some slight frowning, i remembered that i pretty much spend 24/7 on the computer.

So why not just assign different information to different keys on the keyboard. LOL. "F1 = X info", "F2 = X info" .. Not only do you do something you find amusing and unique, but you can get people to call you a nerd at the same time!

It's like killing a two birds with one stone - only that the second bird isn't exactly an appealing one.

Yes i was bored. No i am not a loser. Yes i'll go away to sleep now before i embarass myself further. D:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
litany said:
You know, after reading all these study techniques and what not, i just got a ironic and amusing notion in my brain.

A few people mentioned using colours to distinguish between different types of information or to help them remember information. It just set me thinking - people use stuff they're very familiar with to help stimulate their brain right? For instance, musically-orientated people might just hook information onto notes on the music scale, IE. C = X info, D = X info.. because its so embedded into their thinking processes.

I then thought .. Hey - for me, what would be something that's so deeply ingrained into my brain that i could do something like that with. And, with some slight frowning, i remembered that i pretty much spend 24/7 on the computer.

So why not just assign different information to different keys on the keyboard. LOL. "F1 = X info", "F2 = X info" .. Not only do you do something you find amusing and unique, but you can get people to call you a nerd at the same time!

It's like killing a two birds with one stone - only that the second bird isn't exactly an appealing one.

Yes i was bored. No i am not a loser. Yes i'll go away to sleep now before i embarass myself further. D:
lol i have no idea what you just said ! =/

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
litany said:

Man were you bored

litany

Helpfool
HSC
Well, to put it concisely..

Some people use colours to help them remember information. IE.

RED: Definition of Terra Nullius.
BLUE: Definition of Aboriginal Rights.

Instead, for a person who sits on the computer 24/7..

F1: Definition of Terra Nullius.
F2: Definition of Aboriginal Rights.

You could just write up a program which, when you press F1, asks you what it is, and you have to type the answer in. Or whenever you press F1 on your computer, a popup comes up and the definition of terra nullius comes up. If you kept doing that it'd eventually become ingrained in your head.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
litany said:

You could just write up a program which, when you press F1, asks you what it is, and you have to type the answer in. Or whenever you press F1 on your computer, a popup comes up and the definition of terra nullius comes up. If you kept doing that it'd eventually become ingrained in your head.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

... Hey I might wanna do that! @.@

sladehk

le random
HSC
lol... by the time you make this program, you could have done study cards or something, which is much better. The best way is go through the syllabus and say what you know about it

litany

Helpfool
HSC
sladehk said:
lol... by the time you make this program, you could have done study cards or something, which is much better. The best way is go through the syllabus and say what you know about it
Ah see, the thing is, whenever you program - you always make a shit load of errors, pardon my use of "shit", and you always go back and go back to correct this and that. Along the way you familiarise yourself with whatever's going to be allocated to F1 or F2 or whatever, just because of the sheer amount of times you've had to retype/look over it for errors or whatever reason.

So in that respect it would have worked anyway. :p

superficiality

HSC
concentrate. revise notes. don't cram. all the usual typical things they tell you to do. it actually works. don't be sidetracked by chatting or going on forums :D, but then again, it's different for everyone. be satisfied you've done your best.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
litany said:

that would be a hell of a lot of effort for little gain

litany

Helpfool
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
that would be a hell of a lot of effort for little gain
I never said it was going to be very efficient. :p

It was just something that decided to pop up in my head and from there push it's way forward onto this thread!

rahulbedi

HSC
started to realise that studying say 5/6 days before the assessment worked out much better. Instead of doing say 3-4 hours the night before. I did 30mins-1hour each day near the end of year 10. did me justice...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)