• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do you challenge your prejudices? (1 Viewer)

wafflesnsorbet

HSC
I try challenge my prejudices, sometimes. But when I'm feeling tired or cranky, they come crashing back.

I detest extremists of any sort. Religious fanatics. Azn fanatics. Football fanatics.... extremely thin people, extremely fat people, extremely ugly people... you name them, and when they're in their uber obsessive mood, I hate them.

But not when I'm happy though. Does that count?

And I'm also not proactively hate-ful. I practice my hate in silence. Or rather, my annoyance. I steer clear of them, ignore them... that kinda thing.

And also, my definition of 'extreme' fluctuates with my emotions. When I'm not so happy, 'extreme' goes to the extent where their... uh... extremities are hugely emphasised. For example, if one insists on wearing super tiny clothes when one is unattractively overweight. Or if they are so obsessed with so-and-so celebrity or hobby, that even obvious subtle hints to shut up are overlooked. (Subtle, being something along the lines of: "Okay now. We get it. Moving on...")

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
I'm prejudiced against:
-black people
-abos (lyk stop fucking complaining and go to school, get a job etc)
-terrorists (I wish they'd all just die so the world could be a better place)
-some ethnic groups (e.g Croatians, arabs, bosnians, indians)
-sometimes asians
-hobos

I used to HATE fags....but I dunno...I got to know a few homosexuals at uni and I just understand them better now I guess :confused:

ur_innder_child said:
I'm also pretty prejudiced against unfortunate looking people.
haha same! I can be so shallow sometimes.
key word here: sometimes

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
I'm prejudiced against:
-black people
-abos (lyk stop fucking complaining and go to school, get a job etc)
-terorists (I wish they'd all just die so the world could be a better place)
-some ethnic groups (e.g Croatians, arabs, bosnians, indians)
-sometimes asians
-hobos

I used to HATE fags....but I dunno...I got to know a few homosexuals at uni and I just understand them better now I guess :confused:

haha same! I can be so shallow sometimes.
key word here: sometimes
and people who cant spell

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha dont deny it diane
its ok we still love you..whether youre a good speller or not :)

Bendent

HSC
i'm prejudiced against those that care about ppl's race a lot and also those that are prejudiced against others for no reason other than their generalised stereotype, w/o getting to know them first.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Bendent said:
i'm prejudiced against those that care about ppl's race a lot and also those that are prejudiced against others for no reason other than their generalised stereotype, w/o getting to know them first.
You've also posted on bos that you don't like to associate with non-azn ppl :/

Legham

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
You've also posted on bos that you don't like to associate with non-azn ppl :/

I'm also prejudiced against stalkers..

:p

Legham

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
I'm prejudiced against those who accuse me of being a stalker for remembering details of old bos posts (and conversations too).
Im prejudiced against those with better memories and can actually remember details like that :(

Wait, thats not prejudice.. 'tis jealousy!

aussiechica7

HSC
befriend somebody of whatever group until i feel so close to them i want to defend them against anyone who makes fun of them- including some small part of myself.

how do u guys choose 2 forgive someone for doing something morally wrong, to yourself or someone u love? i met a Christian guy from rwanda whose family was killed in the genocide. he went back a few yrs later 2 meet with the man who shot his parents and brother, to tell him he forgave him and he loved him (platonically :p). but then i've met people who have had similar things happen and they've struggled with it for yrs to forgive the person (understandably). how do u guys do it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)