How do you figure this out? What will you choose? (1 Viewer)

Hatake88

HSC
Hey guys,
The final round offers were handed out today and I got an offer for B. Arts/B. Law at Macquarie. However, I have already accepted a B. Law from the same uni during the early round offers.

Now which one should I drop? Which one would you drop if you were me?

I have nearly done a year of arts subjects so, technically speaking, I could get more credits doing B. Arts/B. Law. However, there were some art subjects (e.g. econometrics) which I didn't do so well in which I heard you could just wipe off your transcript/GPA as long as you "cover" it with another qualifying junior unit? Is that true? Because, in this case, B. Law becomes the more preferable option. Whats more is that I want to transfer back to Usyd at the end of this year - as you know, Usyd doesn't offer single law degrees. That again tips the odds in arts/law favor.

Finally, I would love it if either Usyd or Macquarie could tell me which course of theirs is the equivalent of the other university's as I've got no idea. Macquarie told me to come and talk to the exemption officer during enrolment day...however, I've got TWO enrolment days to go to at the moment and what do I say when I find out I chose the wrong degree? Also, the lines are always heaps long during that date.

So yeah, please help me out. Somehow, usyd/macquarie insists on giving the vaguest answers possible and their exemption officers always seem to be out of office too. Also, which degree whould you choose given the choice?

Thanks!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
In your post, you never told us about the most important thing: whether you actually want to study Arts or not.

Hatake88

HSC
In your post, you never told us about the most important thing: whether you actually want to study Arts or not.
No preference lol. Its not like I am going to major in commercial law even if I do a single degree (yuck..accounting :redface:)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
No preference lol. Its not like I am going to major in commercial law even if I do a single degree (yuck..accounting :redface:)
Then it doesn't matter - also I think WAM and all that is reset once you transfer uni anyway. If your end goal is to transfer into USyd, just maximise your marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)