HOW DO YOU IMPROVE CHEMISTRY!!! (1 Viewer)

cathy.l

HSC
for some reason i couldn't post the link - i think if you type www in front of it, you should get it

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
If you are not understanding in class you can do a few things like watch YouTube videos on the concept. For chemistry there is literally thousands of videos on each and every topic. Although they might not be from Australia, many things in the syllabus across different countries are the same. So try that out. If that still doesn’t fix issues then you might want to consider investing in tutoring if you don’t already have it. Or if you do have it make use of that tutor more. Ask them questions in the lesson, message them outside the lesson if they offer that. First step to getting better at the subject is not be afraid of it and just ask for help from people you know like friends, tutor or teacher
Yea honestly one of the best tips is to ask people questions. Not only does it help you but it helps them consolidate their knowledge by explaining it to you. I still remember doing biology and spamming the group chat with questions for any detail I was unsure about.

Good luck!

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Chemistry, more so than many subjects, relies on understanding of concepts. It is unusual in that you are asked to think at three levels and be able to move between them at once. There is then the problem of approaching questions, which will be an issue for this year when the style has changed and dotpointification has been substantially reduced. Finally, there is no "right" way to learn chemistry, but there are "wrong" ways... and sadly some of the syllabus structure is unhelpful in this regard, though it's a major improvement on the last one.

Isomorph

HSC
Chemistry, more so than many subjects, relies on understanding of concepts. It is unusual in that you are asked to think at three levels and be able to move between them at once. There is then the problem of approaching questions, which will be an issue for this year when the style has changed and dotpointification has been substantially reduced. Finally, there is no "right" way to learn chemistry, but there are "wrong" ways... and sadly some of the syllabus structure is unhelpful in this regard, though it's a major improvement on the last one.
As you note, the syllabus is a major improvement on the last, and has shifted the subject closer to math on the "understanding vs. knowledge" spectrum. However, unfortunately, it still retains artefacts of the old, such as petroleum production, soaps and societal implications of chemical synthesis, which can be quite frustrating to answer if given in the form of multiple 7 or 9 markers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)