• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do you make firefox as default browser for MSN email? (1 Viewer)

Danger

HSC
clicking on the email inbox icon opens up in internet explorer but my default browser is firefox so anyone know how to change this?

shona1990

HSC
Oooh, I've been wondering that too, but never really botherec to go as far as to actually ask anyone on forums or anything. But I'd really like to know =)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
For me firefox opens sites sent from contacts etc but not the inbox. I'm pretty sure with old messenger plus/stuff plug there used to be an option to open the mailbox in the default browser. Not sure if it's still there.

Ok, I just checked it and theres the option in stuffplug and it does work.

rev-ise

HSC
It's a plug in for MSN messenger plus. You have to download and install messenger plus, and then you have to also download and install stuffplug.

Go to the stuffplug settings and you'll find an option, as ari89 said, to open mail with default browser.

KickXSwitch

HSC
rev-ise said:
It's a plug in for MSN messenger plus. You have to download and install messenger plus, and then you have to also download and install stuffplug.

Go to the stuffplug settings and you'll find an option, as ari89 said, to open mail with default browser.
However if your using stuffpug with Windows Live Messenger, Messenger PLus! is not required. Stuffplug is now a standalone addon.

Partisan

HSC
N/A
Find the Control Panel and access it.
Select 'Add or Remove programs'.

Click the 4th button on the left saying 'Set Program Access and Defaults'.
Select the 'Custom' Option.
You have a choice to change your default web-browser, e-mail program, media player ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)