• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do you manage your time? (1 Viewer)

IceBreaker

HSC
how do people manage their time and priotize your assesment, study, social etc..?
do anyone use a 'timetable' or a 'to-do list'? the only thing i have is the free wall calender from DET.

esp_d

HSC
ya i need some good advice on time management

any1?

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
As soon as u get assessment tasks do them, trust me I used to always go "ooooouf! 3 WEEKS PLENTY OF TIME" BUT OHHH MY LORD IT IS NOT!!! also ensure that if ur a weekend learner then get the stuff u leave during the week DONE! In terms of study, I find that if u have understood the topic u have learnt and are running out of time a 6 hour cram is fine for most 2u subjects in my perspective. 3u maths and 4u maths may require well over a weeks preperation tho, just depends on ur exam methods.

Trev

stix
HSC
I just do whatever homework, whenever i'm in the mood, which most of the time I am not. This however usually ends up with a half assed attempt or none at all... So I wouldn't recommend it, but it gets me by! :p

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
esp_d said:
ya i need some good advice on time management

any1?
hello little one... your in yr 11 right? umm some good ways into learnin time management is theirs lectures provided by edassist.... you mite have seen some threads on it e.g. Economics forum... but um yeh ask your teachers for brochures or if your in desperate need... jus PM me and ill give you some information on time management that i got in previous lectures... :)

laterz

IceBreaker

HSC
does anyone have to random things like housework for your parents when they interupt you during your study? they happens sometime to me

IceBreaker

HSC
nick1048 said:
As soon as u get assessment tasks do them, trust me I used to always go "ooooouf! 3 WEEKS PLENTY OF TIME" BUT OHHH MY LORD IT IS NOT!!! also ensure that if ur a weekend learner then get the stuff u leave during the week DONE! In terms of study, I find that if u have understood the topic u have learnt and are running out of time a 6 hour cram is fine for most 2u subjects in my perspective. 3u maths and 4u maths may require well over a weeks preperation tho, just depends on ur exam methods.
i agree,i find that if you understand it first time round, it wouldnt be that difficult to absorb the information in.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
to answer nicks one heheh.... betr not share it here ill tell u at school or on net lolz but yeh its quiet high lets jus say and its according to my perfect world :)
and to answer the person with the choirs.... speak to your parents come up with a solution, things aorund the house can wait... ur hsc doesnt come twice? sit down have a chat with em... may sound korny but dude it'll work... u got ur hsc this year and you'll get most out of it if you start changing your study environment with no distractions.... if your not a library person, i suggest you become one for like anothr 6 months hehehe allocation of time to study's is important as you would know now... just go to libraries so then ur parents cant bother you to work aorund the house :) hope it works mate

laterz

IceBreaker

HSC
are you sureeee i dont see anyone else going to librbary throughout the whole year, i might try once or twice but not everyday. But yea thanks i give it a try

Jaydels

HSC
IceBreaker said:
does anyone have to random things like housework for your parents when they interupt you during your study? they happens sometime to me
yes....that annoys me so much. I hate being disturbed

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
IceBreaker said:
yeah, they try 2 get me 2 do stuff, but i just hold up a textbook as if im working (and most of the time im not) and they leave me alone.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i don't manage time. time manages me.

bloody kids are playing at my local library which is hurstville.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Timetables suck. I used to spend more time making timetables than I did studying. All you need is to do a bit of each subject each day, and try not to do timewasting shit like making your work nice and pretty, or doing homework which isn't going to be checked instead of harder homework which will be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)