• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How do you manage your time? (1 Viewer)

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Hahaha, sux to you! I told my parents (nicely) to leave me alone during year 10, and they pretty much did. So whether I actually do any work or not, they have no idea. Of course they have some idea cos i tend to bitch about it a lot, but if I didn't, nothing much would happen. So I kinda motivate myself... *special glow*

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
yea well my mum is a hsc language teacher and marker. i don't do language anymore, but she still knows an aweful amount about everything else to do with HSC so bah!

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Trev said:
I just do whatever homework, whenever i'm in the mood, which most of the time I am not. This however usually ends up with a half assed attempt or none at all... So I wouldn't recommend it, but it gets me by! :p
lol I'm so like that this yr.

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
IceBreaker said:
does anyone have to random things like housework for your parents when they interupt you during your study? they happens sometime to me
Of course - my parents don't exactly think the HSC is a priority. They seem to think "unpacking the dishwasher" is more important. And also, my mum always wants my help to do the puzzles in Thats Life!, and Take 5.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I'm a bit of a psycho when it comes to organisation. I have lists, one of the those pocket organisers, a timetable, one of those huge calenders on my wall, then a normal one of every day things. Its not just cause of the hsc. I have always been like this. It's so satisfying when you complete all the things on your schedule.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Wow. You sound a lot like my dad. He genuinely enjoys exams... honest. But I find the hsc is a good excuse to get out of stuff, unless you arranged to do it earlier. Go and visit family friends? Sorry gotta study. Take the dogs round the bay? Sorry gotta study. Take my sister to a friend's place? Sorry gotta study. :p

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Procrastination is a funny thing... you end up doing your best work the night before something's due, cos you kinda have to. Unfortunately you never finish anything. I end up cleaning to put off doing work; or I do some work that doesn't need to be done for ages, or something useless like making ANOTHER timetable instead of actually doing the stupid thing.

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
Sweets said:
I'm a bit of a psycho when it comes to organisation. I have lists, one of the those pocket organisers, a timetable, one of those huge calenders on my wall, then a normal one of every day things. Its not just cause of the hsc. I have always been like this. It's so satisfying when you complete all the things on your schedule.
i wish i was like you. I wish i was more "psycho" than "i'll do it whenever"

i'd probably be going a lot better than I am

roadcone

HSC
elissa said:
i wish i was like you. I wish i was more "psycho" than "i'll do it whenever"

i'd probably be going a lot better than I am
ditto for me

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Dunno though... it's good to be organised but not to the point where it takes over your whole life because all you think about is organisation... if it makes you inflexible it's not good. In year 12 though it's probably better than not being organised at all :p

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
IceBreaker said:
how do people manage their time and priotize your assesment, study, social etc..?
do anyone use a 'timetable' or a 'to-do list'? the only thing i have is the free wall calender from DET.
I try to have my assignments completed 1 week before its due so I can have at least 5 days of editing time. Fixing up sentence/expressions etc.

so no, I don't use a timetable, I use intuition instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)