How do you pick out the First Year Students (1 Viewer)

HSC
Yeah, I'm one of the ones who stops to look at maps all the time, though I disagree about ENTER/UAI asking, I'm @ Monash 1st yr, and out of all the randoms I talked to in lectures/tutes none of em asked my ENTER, the only dude that did was a kid from my school. They do all love to ask what school I went to though.
yeah i disagree about the ATAR asking too, no one has asked me and i haven't asked anyone. it's a stupid thing to do anyway, either you or the person you're talking to will end up feeling awkward. there's no real way to ask/answer without sounding elitist and snobby.

pman

Banned
HSC
I just plain refuse to carry my anatomy textbook, It's too heavy.
no one has asked my ATAR
I admittedly wear my yr 12 jersey (cos its the only jumper I've got atm)
I no longer use a map, I ask a friend who has this habit of finding the room at least 3 hours in advance

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I'm in 4th year and I still turn up early to lectures (10 minutes or so) so it's not just a first year thing. I walk fast and don't like being late for anything even uni. Three years of uni has not dulled this urge to be punctual at all.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I like to be on time.

Hate it when people arrive to lectures 20 minutes late.

HSC
N/A
who the heck wears their year 12 jersey outside of school??

i started laughing at this bloke who wore it on a saturday, and im pretty sure it wasn't a private boarding school either

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
When their looking in their diary of the campus map whilst walking around.
People actually do that ?
lol quite common, some of the 2nd year kids I know still do it oddly enough.

Raix

HSC
Rofl yep, I come early to lectures...if I don't I just skip them cause I can't be bothered looking around for a seat.
I carry a freaking heavy bag for no reason cause I bought bounded lecture notes for each of my units and I carry the diary around for the map...although someone did give me the map as a picture so I could look at it on my phone instead xD

Hate people who ask stuff during lectures. Save it for labs and tutes or whatever =='

HSC
Hate people who ask stuff during lectures. Save it for labs and tutes or whatever =='
i agree. there's this guy who did it a few times in eco, he was just trying to be like 'look im so smart' to the lecturer. so annoying.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
we often have debates/arguments in our lectures which is always fun. either between lecturers and students, students and students, or a bit of both.

hate people who just pipe up with questions or comments just to be smartasses though, or when it's irrelevant or stupid.

Otacon2009

HSC
Could be a QUT thing but wears the First Year shirt at the first opportunity, along with any associated pub crawl/O-Week shirt even after the said events. I plead guilty there.

HSC
I still need the map and attend lectures (most of the time) and I am in third year.
First years are so noisy during lectures. They finally learn to stfu when they realise that the class has been reduced by 40% due to failing or dropping out.

Loneliness is

aint nothing glamorous in what you conceal, even w
HSC
N/A
* They still compare UAIs
* They stop in front of the uni map

(I lulz when Med students carry their textbooks around with the cover facing away from them so that everybody can see they're studying anatomy... It's very subtle, if you ask me.)

This is all very rich coming from me lol
yeah cunts i still stop infront of hte map and ask for directions

HSC
we often have debates/arguments in our lectures which is always fun. either between lecturers and students, students and students, or a bit of both.
i wish my lectures were interactive like this. everyone's still so shell-shocked the lecturers can't coax anyone to reply, even as a large group.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I have an interactive lecture, but there's only 50 of us in the room so it's not too difficult.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)